|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature dies, put a charge counter on Black Market.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, add to your mana pool for each charge counter on Black Market.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||Msgstallion , Willis1994 , rebelteddybear , sonnet666 , Prettyfun , ZombieFood , westdoorblowsnow , voidruby , Dr_Jay , ChainerDragon65 , mentor6 , Unjust_DiabIo , frederiklw , mziter501 , nate_wizardadept , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , golgarigirl|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , moonmonster , Desol4tion , georgehades|
Black Market Discussion
1 day ago
Ok, here are my opinions. I run a Vampire edh too so if you'd like to check that out it's called Danse Macabre.
1) Ashnod's Altar is a good addition. I would drop Black Market for it. This is because you really could use a sac outlet in this kind of deck. If you do decide to add this, add a Rout for a quick Board Clear.
4) Mentor of the Meek is very powerful with Edgar, because every token is a draw. Technically a worse Skullclamp but still very good to have. Otherwise, Chandra Ablaze is also good for refilling your hand if you run out.
2 days ago
DrukenReaps covered the mana issue pretty well. The other suggestion that I'd make for a deck with this high of a CMC is that you probably want more ramp sources or mana rocks. Commander's Sphere and Dimir Signet are both great here. You might also consider replacing Temple of the False God with a basic. You're really color-intensive and don't have a lot of land ramp, so it's at high risk of not actually doing much good in this deck.
To expand a little on narrowing the tribes... I don't think you necessarily have to cut down what tribes are in your deck. However, if you aren't running at least 25 creatures of a tribe, tribal support cards like Crucible of Fire and Door of Destinies are simply bad. You frequently have to take a turn off to play them, so if they're not going to do some reasonable work right away, they're probably worse than a basic land. Kindred Dominance is going to hit so much of your own stuff that you're likely better off playing something like Languish, Crux of Fate or Blasphemous Act instead.
Along those lines, given your high average CMC, loading up on more reasonably-cheap board wipes is probably a good idea. If it's going to take you a while to get going, being able to control the board in the early game is really important. If your opponent has a field full of elves, slamming Butcher of Malakir or Stormsurge Kraken without clearing the board first isn't going to save you.
As for a few cards that you might consider cutting:
- You're really not running enough instants/sorceries to support Mizzix of the Izmagnus in the 99. Mizzix is great, but he really needs a dedicated spellslinger deck to shine. Talrand, Sky Summoner suffers from much the same problem.
- Mindscour Dragon, Vela the Night-Clad and Archetype of Imagination all seem marginal to bad here (with their effects either being redundant or not really big enough for their mana cost). You might consider just slotting some of the decent dragons like Hellkite Charger, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Steel Hellkite, Shivan Dragon or Ryusei, the Falling Star.
- Vapor Snag and Dark Betrayal are both pretty bad in EDH. The former represents major card disadvantage in multiplayer. If you're looking for more bounce effects, you might consider Capsize (although I don't think this is really a Capsize deck). Ratchet Bomb is also a little iffy in a format with such a broad range of CMCs on the table. Unless there are a lot of tokens in your meta, it's probably not worth it.
- Cartouche of Knowledge is probably worse than just Ponder.
- Lord of Shatterskull Pass requires you to pump 16 mana in to it and survive to attack before it does anything, almost certainly not worth it.
- Black Market may end up being pretty good due to Marchesa, or not very good since you have a lot of big creatures. I don't think this is immediately a cut, but keep a close eye on how it performs.
- Torment of Hailfire and Torment of Scarabs are also worth keeping an eye on. I feel like you're probably not going to be producing enough mana for Hailfire to do enough work, and Scarabs is limited by only targeting one opponent. They seem like good options to consider cutting in favor of more land.
5 days ago
I would cut the following cards due to their high mana costs and because they offer little other than their bodies to the deck: Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Licia, sanguine Tribune , Malakir Bloodwitch, Nirkana Revenant, Patron of the Vein, and Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter. Additionally I would cut Black Market, Cathars' Crusade, and Blood Tribute for more or less the same reasons. I would cut these for more ramp, which in mardu is just mana rocks, and lands in general, even if you kept 1-3 of your big beaters and cut the rest it would improve the curve and draws considerably.
5 days ago
Of those, Pox is the one on my "Maybe's" list, and I'm seriously looking for a way to fit it in because it's just so good! As for the rest, they generally fall into the following categories:
Too slow and/or too expensive: Blood Artist (no combo in the deck, doesn't affect the battlefield at all), Black Market, Bontu the Glorified (tries to do too many things, but does none of them very well), Lotleth Troll, Deadbridge Chant, Deathreap Ritual
Re: Westvale Abbey Flip - colors are too important the first few turns, so we can't really afford any colorless lands unless their activation rate is extremely high or utility is essential to deck function. The distinction is NOT whether a land is good, but rather whether it's necessary to win. I've lost a lot of games being stuck on colorless lands that were "good" but only that.
5 days ago
how come no Blood Artist, Black Market, Bontu the Glorified, Lotleth Troll, Spore Frog, Mesmeric Orb, Pox, Deadbridge Chant, Deathreap Ritual and Westvale Abbey Flip all of these are cheap and super strong in meren with the exception of 2 deadbridge and black market are both really good though.
6 days ago
Build drana right and you will have tons more mana than you know what to do with. Nirkana Revenant, Magus of the Coffers, Caged Sun, Crypt Ghast, Liliana of the Dark Realms, Gauntlet of Power, Extraplanar Lens, Doubling Cube, Black Market, Cabal Coffers, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Crypt of Agadeem, Vesuva. I think that is most of the big ones. You don't need all of these btw, I'm just listing options. Though I wouldn't build drana without Liliana of the Dark Realms. It is just too good to have both. On top of all that you are playing black and eldrazi die to Tragic Slips all the time. If that is looking too expensive there are plenty of cheaper options but those can also easily be the only expensive cards in the deck. Everything else could be really cheap and it will still be a good deck.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Looks like a good start. You have so many interesting activated abilities, it becomes very tempting to add cards like Illusionist's Bracers and Rings of Brighthearth to copy them whenever you can. These aren't exactly cheap, but they'd be great in many situations.
I'm missing some ramp in this deck (except for Land Tax that is). Armillary Sphere, Boros Signet, Orzhov Signet, Rakdos Signet, Commander's Sphere and Chromatic Lantern could all help you increase your speed. Also consider Black Market, as most of your expensive creatures are black any way. Another way to really speed things up would be a card like Urza's Incubator to make all your vampires cheaper.