Legendary Creature — Zombie God
When God-Eternal Bontu enters the battlefield, sacrifice any number of other permanents, then draw that many cards.
When God-Eternal Bontu is put into the graveyard or exile from the battlefield, you may put it into its owner's library third from the top.
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
God-Eternal Bontu Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for your help! Yeah that's fair. I think I was banking on it for a one time benefit that, like you said, may not happen too often.
Good point! Hmm, now that you say that, it feels like a lot of my creatures are more about drain, and then my commander does the swinging. Thanks a lot. I think I might just cut God-Eternal Bontu. I thought about Syr Konrad, the Grim, but I think my lower cost aristocrats will do.
3 days ago
Boundless Realms seems pretty expensive here. Reloading on land seems nice but I think the number of times that this card will shine that much will be pretty limited. If it fetched non-basics I could see it being worth it for the CMC.
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest is a bit out of place considering the number of aristocrat cards you have. Are you going to kill through combat or drain? Seems you're more in on draining opponents out rather than into +1/+1 counters on anything but your commander [and he'll get big enough on his own].
1 week ago
Some legendary creature cards ( Daxos of Meletis and God-Eternal Bontu ) use only the card's name in its rules text (saying "Daxos of Meletis" each time it refers to the card, and never simply "Daxos").
Some legendary creature cards ( Brimaz, King of Oreskos and Alirios from THB) use the creature's card name once and uses its canon name the rest of the time.
Where is the consistency here?! Is there a rule I'm not seeing? If you need a frame of reference, take a look at New Format: Unlikely Alliances. It includes every legendary creature (except those from Dominaria and Kamigawa but whatever). But if there's a templating rule that I'm not seeing, then, well, I'm not seeing it.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I Added the following cards to my version of this... also still a wip. Might be decent suggestions for you tho.
Dictate of Erebos God-Eternal Bontu Butcher of Malakir Journey to Eternity Flip Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon Sol Ring Kresh the Bloodbraided Brass's Bounty Dragonlair Spider Sheoldred, Whispering One Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
4 weeks ago
When God-Eternal Bontu was first spoiled I was super excited because it was like wizards took everything I enjoy and put it onto a single commander. It's a ton of fun and I was super excited when my friend managed to get me the SDCC promo.
I did know about that trick but I don't really use it that often. This deck usually only casts and exploits Bontu once or twice a game. The deck is designed to abuse Living Death and Champion of Stray Souls , which is normally how I win. Thanks for the +1
1 month ago
Sweet deck. A few possible bombs and things that would be synergistic. 1. Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis 2. Sisters of Stone Death 3. Leyline Prowler 4. Ambush Viper 5. Tetzimoc, Primal Death aka the gift that keeps on giving. 6. Harvester of Souls 7. Terastodon or as my friends call him T-Nasty. 8. God-Eternal Bontu anyways +1
2 months ago
Hey Sorin_Markov_1947. Thanks a lot for your suggestions mate, it's great with some feedback! I ended up going deep on the card choices, so sorry about the wall of text, haha.
- You're overlooking a centerpiece of the bakery - Gilded Goose does a lot to keep the producton running.
- With Gilded Goose , Witch's Oven and Trail of Crumbs there's actually rarely a shortage of food, but it might be right to go up to the full 4x Trail. Giant Opportunity is a card I've looked at, but paying 3 mana for 3x food is just too low impact. Keep in mind that only 1x food in play at a time is all that's needed to keep things going.
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King has been a card I wanted to play with in Standard ever since he was spoiled and therefore he was added as a test. So far he has been a beast and outperformed by a lot though. Worst case scenario he draws a card and eats removal, but often he draws several cards the same turn he comes down and more or less wins the game, if you get to untap with him. He hits very hard and just drowns the opponent in value. There are other 5-drops to consider in this spot, like God-Eternal Bontu and Cavalier of Night . Liliana, Dreadhorde General can also go in the top end, but I've liked King Draco the most so far. If you take the deck for a spin and find something else that works better than daddy dragonface, I'd love to hear about it and try it!
- I agree on Fell the Pheasant being a good sideboard option here. The only problem is that the format is pretty low on fliers at the moment. Rankle, Master of Pranks , Gilded Goose and Spawn of Mayhem are the ones I've seen most frequently and they get checked quite well by Korvold and the removal already in the 75. If that changes with the coming sets, Fell could find its place for sure.
- Savvy Hunter is a fun idea, I'll try that one out!