|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ironax , Lucretian , duff87 , rikertchu , DFDGamer , bpiser95 , BOFH , itheoryz , MagnaAura , PTsmitty , rockleemyhero|
|Want (25)||grayarchon , yobkay , RoninH3RO , GS10 , zomburs , Turtlelover73 , Sollisnexus , upgraded , misak94 , bbtancakes , snackeater , dontjudgemyusername , Elphane , fancysaurus , Mahtimatonen , pphhaazzee , Snipe508 , BringerOfStorms , imlinuxgeek , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , NoNeedToBragoBoutIt , marsp44 , AntiheroFOREVER , yeoldsmithy , uglyone888|
Unstable Obelisk Discussion
2 hours ago
As you said, the deck loses to Leyline of the Void but any similar effect, with Rest in Peace being the worst, will shut down the deck as well. As such I'd recommend Scour from Existence, Karn Liberated, and Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger to permanently deal with the problem or the less permanent but equally viable answers of Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Universal Solvent, and Unstable Obelisk. There's also the more specific and/or slower options of Argentum Armor, Gate to Phyrexia, Lux Cannon, and Phyrexian Tribute, with that last one seeming like a surprisingly decent possibility for the deck.
On another note, I'd put more board wipes in and Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, and the oft forgotten Slum Reaper to profit off Yahenni more or I'd swap them out for Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder. Given the reason you made this deck, I know you don't wanna do that, but he'd also be a decent addition to the maindeck as another token generator.
2 days ago
Love Purphoros, figure I'd share some of my findings from when I'd play him. When I put Purphoros together, felt like I really ran out of fuel too fast, so I changed up my mana rock and creature selection.
The principle i'm applying here is I'm red, I run out of cards due to my low CMC, so at all points i need to be able to convert my field into more fuel. The last one Coveted Jewel is pretty easy to protect in such a crazy token deck as well.
Other Draw Effects : Prophetic Flamespeaker usually results in two cards, as he has double strike. Both him and Stromkirk Occultist are great, as youre trying to win via damage anyway. Commune with Lava Do Commune with Lava before your turn starts, usually in response to someone moving to their end step. Nets you a bunch of toys next turn. Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip Worse than outpost siege, but from my perspective I just dont care, as I want to draw cards lol.
I noticed there's not a lot of super strong removal or instant speed stuff so I figured I'd drop a few cards for those as well.
Volcanic Offering Volcanic offering in multiplayer usually results in two threats removed, and two lands removed. Seismic Strike (Assuming you just have lands, its 3 mana for 3 damage, and it gets better as time goes on.) Chain Reaction The majority of reds field wipes kind of suck, so im not sure how else to help you here. Less conditional than Aligned Hedron Network, and will hit very hard since you're a token based deck. Starstorm Instant speed, cycling, really good! Disaster Radius and Volcanic Vision are one sided. The last one lets you recur usually a good token spell as well, though ill admit its one of the weaker suggestions.
Although Purphoros is really, really strong against restrictive enchantment decks, I run a lot of enchantment removal and when you run against an azorius deck trying to ruin fun, i always wish I had them in my mono red decks.
Scour from Existence Every time I've cast this, it's saved me. As weird as it sounds and yes its 7 mana, but there are so many times I've been playing where I wished I had this or chaos warp, admittedly Chaos Warp is better, but you can only run one of them :(. Unstable Obelisk Meteor Golem He triggers purphoros too!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I really like the idea of Genju of the Fens in this deck, but I don't think it really gets anything done if Lim-Dul isn't on the board. It's solid when he is in play, maybe even great, but a seven mana commander isn't always going to be around. As for Karn, Silver Golem, I find him very appealing. The deck currently has to make use of some fairly expensive tools if it wants to get rid of artifacts or enchantments as I am obviously in mono black, so the ability to turn all of my kill spells essentially into Putrefy would be very valuable. Personally, I just don't know where he slots in. The only thing I can think of removing for him right now is Unstable Obelisk. Have any other ideas?
4 weeks ago
You could probably upgrade some of your 3 cmc 1 mana rocks to give you some more utility.
4 weeks ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
1 month ago
I have several suggestions...
Metallic Mimic - Abuse those etb/death triggers on everyone's turn instead of once per round. It doesn't need a lot of creatures of the same type... i.e. name zombie and sac Gary over and over. If you add this, I'd replace Merciless Executioner with his zombie twin Fleshbag Marauder.
Spellskite - You can redirect the same spell/ability on the stack to set your life where you need it... and using it normally is great too.
Sadistic Hypnotist - Discard seals games.
Goblin Bombardment - Excellent sac outlet here and you can always hit yourself to get off the throne.
Cards I'd cut:
Dreadbore - unless you've got superfriends decks you face consistently.
Unstable Obelisk - I know enchantments are a pain but wow this effect is expensive.
1 month ago
If you are going to go with mostly Eldrazi as creatures you should add some more artifacts, as you really want to be able to maximize saheeli's second ability since its both her best ability and the one that synergizes with the Eldrazi.
Creatures Add Bane of Bala Ged Meteor Golem Myr Battlesphere Pilgrim's Eye Solemn Simulacrum Burnished Hart Endbringer Ulamog's Crusher Soul of New Phyrexia (maybe) Barrage Tyrant (maybe) Remove Thopter Engineer Other Daretti, Scrap Savant Fabricate Thirst for Knowledge Propaganda Remove Mystic Remora