: Add to your mana pool., , Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Unstable Obelisk Discussion
1 day ago
-1 Unstable Obelisk, -1 Dragon Mage, -1 Transguild Promenade, -1 Rupture Spire, -1 Vivid Creek, -1 Vivid Crag, -1 Highland Lake, +1 Coalition Relic, +1 Bident of Thassa, +1 Wandering Fumarole, +1 Steam Vents, +1 Command Beacon, +1 Vesuva, +1 Thespian's Stage
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Spectral Searchlight love this card it's great in 2-headed giant
Paradise Plume I gained so much life from this card
Jeweled Amulet super underrated
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
First of all many thanks again for helping me earlier with my Daxos deck; I appreciate it! And to show you how much, I thought I'd give you some pointers on this deck, because I think it has great potential.
Your deck has some powerful creatures in it that cost a lot of mana to cast (for the most part), your deck can generate a reasonable amount of mana for sure, but I think it would be nice to replace some of your large creatures with a bit less expensive options that will allow you to be a bit more effective early game. My recommendations would be:
- Fog Bank/Guard Gomazoa; letting an attacker be completely useless (unless it has trample of course) fits well into your disruption theme. These are great against voltron decks that try to get in some early damage.
- Noble Benefactor; since blue doesn't have much in the way of tutoring, this can be a great card. I usually only use him to find the last piece in a combo I'm setting up. That way I'll know pretty much for certain that my opponents won't benefit more from tutoring than I will.
- Trophy Mage; allows you to tutor for Basalt Monolith, Commander's Sphere, Static Orb, Unstable Obelisk and Worn Powerstone.
- Jace's Archivist; no mono-blue deck should be without this card. First off, if your hand sucks, this is a great way to get a better one. Second, there's nothing more satisfying than to force a player with Reliquary Tower/Spellbook and a large hand of cards to discard everything and draw a new hand.
- Wall of Frost; fits well with your disruption theme.
- Aura Thief; this card is a nightmare for people playing combinations of white, green or black, as these decks are often enchantment-heavy. Also fits well with your disruption theme.
There are also some cards I'd recommend instead of some of the bruisers you're using now:
- Guile; one of the funniest and most useful cards I've ever played in mono-blue disruption decks.
- Shipbreaker Kraken; fits very well with your theme, better than Deep-Sea Kraken for instance.
- Scourge of Fleets; another very good disruption creature that fits your theme very well.
Should you ever intend to spend some extra money, I'd also really recommend adding:
- Paradox Engine; this is basically a must in this deck if you depend on your lock-down cards to win.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir; one of the best blue creatures ever. Basically stops your opponents from casting instants while at the same time turning all your creature spells into possible instants.
- Consecrated Sphinx; allows for massive extra card draw on your part.
- Rhystic Study; a staple in most decks that use blue these days. Either tax your opponents when casting spells, or you get to draw an extra card.
- Back to Basics; a way to disable most multi-colored decks as well as extremely annoying utility lands.
1 month ago
Unfortunately that's probably all red can do when it comes to enchantments. Distorting Lens and Jaya is certainly a decent combo, but seems much better in a deck led by Jaya. And I just remembered that Universal Solvent exists, though it's arguably a worse Unstable Obelisk (depending on the situation).
1 month ago
Haha, like red has any way to directly deal with enchantments. Cards I can think of that you don't already have are Spine of Ish Sah, Karn Liberated, Lux Cannon, Steel Hellkite, Liquimetal Coating + artifact removal, Scour from Existence, and Unstable Obelisk.
1 month ago
Urza's Incubator works well here. Steel Hellkite goes against flavor, but hard to pass up. Oblivion Stone, Perilous Vault, and Boompile for wrath. I think Sword of the Animist would help you out a lot too. I see you have Spine of Ish Sah in your maybeboard it's worth playing. I'd also recommend Lux Cannon, and Unstable Obelisk for removal. Aetherworks Marvel, and Oracle's Vault might help with cheating in big guys. Slower, but just a suggestion.