Until end of turn, you may play cards from your graveyard.
If a card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere this turn, exile that card instead.
|Want (4)||magicstar909 , Chuggiexxx , illsv , MarkTaylorTSax|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Yawgmoth's Will occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
UBR (Grixis): 0.46%
Yawgmoth's Will Discussion
1 hour ago
Rather than delete comments that don't give you a congratulatory high five for effectively making a worse list than SolelySelesnya, can you actually respond or give justification for deck building choices? Deleting my comment then adding two tiny notes with barely any justification is cowardly.
- Plays well with other top deck tutors you already run like Vampiric Tutor Imperial Seal Mystical Tutor and Lim-Dul's Vault. Allows instant speed blowouts with counterspells or removal.
- It is a pile cracker for Doomsday. I know you think you will always have Yuriko on the field to crack the pile, but you definitely won't, or combat won't always be an option. Running Doomsday and choosing not to run Sensei's Top makes me seriously question your ability to think your way out of a cardboard box.
- Maneuver Yuriko triggers for maximum effectiveness and pressure life totals in a meaningful way
- Yes, while you're goldfishing alone, Top is going to perform slower than simply running another 1 drop ninjutsu enabler. However, magic is not played in a vacuum. Consider how this deck fares against other strategies. If an opponent resolves a Blood Moon, this deck, with hardly any artifact based mana, and running a Tainted Pact land base, is pretty boned. Consider how this deck fares when an opponent runs a critical mass of Pyroclasm effects. Once again, if your combat step is shut off or you aren't able to hit players or an opponent is able to repeatedly resolve board wipes, this deck is almost entirely shut off. Top helps in mana screw situations against Moon effects by digging you to your basics or removal faster even with red mana, and helps against big sweeper decks by digging you faster and more meaningfully towards either Doomsday or towards finding the A + B consult combo pieces.
As far as Abjure
- Unconditional counterspell with a very minimal downside
- Commander ninjutsu for 2 mana means Yuriko is always an option for the sac
- The argument of "Oh lowers devotion for Oracle" is beyond stupid. Casting Oracle outside of winning is beyond foolish. Even with ninjutsu to return to hand, you're giving valuable information to opponents while also putting Oracle in a zone it can be easily exiled from. You also require Oracle to attack and be unblocked to ninjutsu it, which is not guaranteed at all. After you casually cast your Oracle for card advantage and return it, your opponents are going to be aware you're halfway to comboing and hold up interaction and mana to deal with you. It is 100% a scrub move.
- Using the clunky and -1 card advantage Misdirection over Abjure is also foolish. The CMC isn't high enough to significantly speed up the Yuriko burn, and the downside is that Misdirection is 100% useless against Flash or Demonic Consultation or Tainted Pact, you know, the 3 most important spells in the meta currently. Writing your pamphlet about why you can't ignore the arrival of Fish in EDH and then making garbage choices like slotting Misdirection over Abjure is embarrassing. While both are worth an include, if you must choose between the two there is a very obvious choice for the current meta.
You don't run Dark Confidant or other repeat card advantage engines. The majority of tutors in this deck are -1 card advantage because they go for topdeck. If your commander is shut down or opponents are able to shut off combat or opponents are able to with even close to somewhat regularity, this deck does nothing and durdles out due to lack of drawing power. Also running Doomsday without Top is just a joke man, you don't even have other good DD enablers like Lion's Eye Diamond or Yawgmoth's Will to help you, you're once again 100% dependent on commander triggers resolving after landing an extremely risky card with huge drawbacks. This deck easily loses 9/10 games in a pod against a Xantcha deck or any deck that can meaningfully use Ensnaring Bridge or even weird garbage tier 3 decks like Daretti that runs many Pyroclasm effects. I do like some developments this deck has made in regards to Yuriko, but ignoring obvious and easy choices is unfortunate. Deleting a comment that critiques your deck because you have a fragile ego is sad, and makes me have to write these multiple paragraphs rebuking you for being a child. Don't tag your pile of 99 as competitive if you're only posting it for the praise of scrubs and not for legitimate feedback.
Come on mate, this deck basically folds to a resolved Nevermore. Both the cards I suggested shore up weaknesses against deck archetypes or cards that blow this deck out of the water. Adding layered consult lines does nothing when you run practically 0 draw pieces outside of your commander. Edric, Spymaster of Trest is basically the exact same deck and people have been aware of the evasive creature spam strategy for a couple years now. Putting all your eggs in a basket that is easily bitched out means this is a poorly built deck, and easy to slot against.
5 days ago
What about Yawgmoth's Will. Saved my ass a few times from those inevitable board wipes.
1 week ago
Sorry for taking so long for getting around to doing an honest critique. I'll just give you my thoughts as they come to me. So you want me to suggest what to cut, and what interaction and ramp should you consider for your deck? Well, first things first - you should try and have a average CMC lower than 3. You should focus on playing as many slivers as you can while trying to win via combo using Sliver Queen - or through commander damage as Overlord has the "magical 7" commander power. What do I mean by magical 7? Well with overlord (and Bonescythe Sliver) on the board it takes 2 or 3 swings getting through to just knock a player out for good, giving another viable strategy for winning. But I digress - when you are spending more than 5 mana on a spell, you should be making a play that will shift a significant amount of momentum your way, or outright win you the game. So now, lets start with possible cuts:
Morophon, the Boundless: This is subjective, but I maintain the idea that Morophon is a strictly "win-more" card in a Slivers deck. When you tap out to cast this thing you'll definitely be able to cast every sliver in hand, but the only way to get them there is to have your commander already on the battlefield, and enough mana to tutor for all of your wincon slivers in the first place. Full disclosure, i've never attempted to use Morophon in my deck, so there may be something i'm missing - but for 7 mana all I can see is that the best that card can do is just put you in an even better board position. While nice, it's just not worth it. Cut.
Constricting Sliver: This in my opinion is just a poorly designed sliver. For 6 mana you're getting a poor man's oblivion ring. It can't even hold commanders hostage because of the exile effect. At best, this sliver can be a minor annoyance on the battlefield but it will hardly become much of an issue. Cut.
Ward Sliver: I'm a little iffy on cutting this one only because pro-color can be pretty strong. The only issue is that it can't be flickered reliably outside of Frenetic Sliver, but that's a bit too high risk for a more competitive sliver build. Again, you spending alot of mana for only something that can improve your boardstate...but not ensure you're going to win. If I was spending 5 mana, i'd want to cast something like a Mana Echoes or Intruder Alarm and a Gemhide Sliver. While a good sliver, it's just a little too high cost for something that's meant to be aggressive and low to the ground. Cut? up to you.
Pulmonic Sliver: For 5 mana this card does give your side of the board some resilience...but very little else. There are better spells out there that can give you graveyard recursion such as Patriarch's Bidding, Yawgmoth's Will or Living Death. Pulmonic is just over costed for what it does. Cut.
Virulent Sliver: Now this is an honorable mention here...as poison isn't very potent. You'd have to land 10 individual attacks on an opponent to kill them with poison. That number goes down to 5 when Bonescythe Sliver is on the field, but ultimately that 1 mana can go toward something better like a Manaweft Sliver, which isn't in your deck and absolutely should be. Virulent needs to get Cut.
Also, I don't remember if I said this, but awesome deck description! I'll post more thoughts as I have time. Keep working on your build! Chitinous Approval Ensues
2 weeks ago
А сам почему через Маньяка/Джейса/Огакула + Консультация не играешь? - я вот сам пренципиально не играл "Маньяком" но всё же пауерлевел дек в мете вырос настолько, что пришлось положить эту комбу т.к. она гораздо быстре Изохрондраматика (пару раз удавалось на второй и третий ход её пропихнуть)
Твой вариант с Isochron Scepter + Narset's Reversal + Time Warp очень интересен, откуда ты такие техи берёшь? - я тут в сборках ничего подобного не видел, собственно, твой лист очень выделяется из общей массы и мне очень понравился наличием Dark Deal, Whispering Madness сейчас вот ещё увидел Underworld Breach - великолепно! обязательно их тоже положу. И с Fabricate - тоже спасибо за подсказку т.к. я-дурак использую Tribute Mage, но теперь понял что Fabricate в Кесс гораздо лучше!
Однако, лично я отказазался от такого большого количества манакамней (как у тебя) в пользу контры. Собственно, и Dispel в нашей мете показал себя гораздо лучше чем Pyroblast и REB. Понимаю - у тебя выход на бесконечную ману только с изохрона, мой же лист отличается: (раньше у меня была полностью реаниматорная Кесс и винкон был через быстый каст больших туш, с тех времён осталась одна хорошая комба) Worldgorger Dragon + Animate Dead/Dance of the Dead = выход на бесконечную ману (в некоторых версиях и на бесконечные жизни), при удачном стечении обстоятельств закручевается на третий ход. Даже Entomb лежит ради этой комбы. Ну и наличае реанимации иногда помогает вернуть "Маняка"/Вора/Вымогателя или просто тушку из чужлго кладбища (в нашей мете есть Эльдрази и Демоны). Dockside Extortionist - удивлён что у тебя его нет т.к. это один из луших разгонов в формате. Past in Flames - дешёвая-дорогая вилка (Yawgmoth's Will) Final Parting - в моём случае невероятно сильная карта, т.к. позволяет сразу закрутить Worldgorger Dragon + Animate Dead, а с Кесс в столе можно выйграть и с Thassa's Oracle + Demonic Consultation Spellseeker - позволяет искать почти все комбо-писы (Dramatic Reversal, Demonic Consultation, Torment of Hailfire, Exsanguinate) либо просто контру для прикрытия своей комбы или ответа на чужую.
Bolas's Citadel - в чём закрутка? с Sensei's Divining Top? Aetherflux Reservoir - как часто играет? (- у меня тоже лежит, но редко получается его закомбить - медленный тех) Seat of the Synod - зачем? (- это же не нулевой манаразгон) Chrome Mox - я не фанат этой карты... для меня всегда проблема - что под него импринтить, поэтому играю им только в Урзе. В Кесс даже не пробовал, но попробую... (в Кесс у меня лежит Lotus Petal - он мне больше нравится)
Пытаюсь переделать Кесс в шторм - что бы не быть зависимым от бесконечной маны, мне кажется это должно прибавить стабильности.
П/С - ты карты вручную размечаешь или тут есть автомат какой-то?
2 weeks ago
Sorry it's been a minute but finally getting around to physically upgrading this deck.
I appreciate all of your imput and please don't think it's gone unnoted Here is the list I currently have for replacements
X - Finale of Promise - Idk what to sub...
X - Past in Flames
I know you've spent a lot of time in your previous suggestions, and I really appreciate the effort man Honestly. Would you mind taking a look at what I've come up with and see if there's any room for the X's?
About to put an order in for an upgrade on this. Kessy is going to be my first cEDH deck I wanna upgrade.
3 weeks ago
Shared Animosity - Much safer than Coat of Arms. Coat buffs everyone's creatures and can easily backfire against tokens and other tribal strategies.
Purphoros, God of the Forge - Doming all opponents for 4 each time you cast a vamp adds up fast.
Scapegoat - Anti wrath tech that's great against hard to dodge wraths like tuck, exile, -X-X, sac, etc. and it also doubles as a finisher with Purphoros in the deck.
Yawgmoth's Will - Great for recasting shit. Especially finishers, draw engines, and tutors.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Edgar's Dega Vampires
1 month ago
Significant changes made.
Moved the deck even further away from token generators and more towards self recuring non-token creatures. Also reduced the average CMC to 3.10.
KibaAlpha, I would love to get your feedback on my latest edits if you can spare some time.
1 month ago
Ummm whoops and ty sir. I guess another recommendation I'd make is Yawgmoth's Will (available in gold border for much cheaper... the one I ran was). I mainly used it to return/replay highly impactful cards like draw engines, tutors, and finishers.