|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Avatar
IntimidateWhen Sepulchral Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, you may put up to one target creature card from that player's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||sonnet666 , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , twistedmage , Swamy , MattN7498 , rakdos24 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , bradyofportdetroit , EliGjerdingen , Lindough , KipIsKosher , Nemesis , DarkMagician , Auriel , dplerner , frederiklw , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , darthnuchi|
|Want (7)||The_Munchkin , mlouden03 , snackeater , Tiddilywinkus , Pylioz , Desol4tion , mafmatician|
Sepulchral Primordial Discussion
1 week ago
I looked through my binder, and I was unable to find the Dragonskull Summit. I believe I used it in a previous trade and forgot to update that card. Would you still be interested in the trade? Do you want to do the Sepulchral Primordial and something else small from my binder to make up difference. Just let me know. Thanks
2 weeks ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
1 month ago
These are just a few suggestions, and I hope they help! Happy deckbuilding!
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions gdm1989. I have considered a few of the new Ixalan cards, but really only Dowsing Dagger Flip, Search for Azcanta Flip, and maybe Dire Fleet Ravager seemed like potential adds.
The problem with cards like Boneyard Parley and Sepulchral Primordial is their cmc. This deck relies heavily on Duskmantle Seer when I can't attack, so anything over 4 cmc has to be in the deck for a very specific reason. If I do add in a re-animator package I would be considering much cheaper cmc options (though Boneyard Parley will likely be finding its way into my Gonti, Lord of Luxury deck The Sting).
Polluted Bonds seems like an intriguing option, but I'd have to see where/if it fits into the deck.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Some more cards that help you "borrow" cards:
2 months ago
You seem to have the offensive and control aspects of your deck down but it seems to be lacking defensive options; some useful options you might consider would be Yavimaya Hollow, Asceticism and although not entirely defensive Volrath's Stronghold should prevent you from getting priced out on your commander.
I think that TheWallinator74 has the right idea on the infinite combat enablers with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault powered by Savage Ventmaw, Bear Umbra, Nature's Will and Sword of Feast and Famine. If possible I would try and add all of them as they assure some redundancy in enabling the combat damage combo and the mana generators on their own are massively useful.
Another angle to consider for your deck is reanimation, as your commander and deck in general seems well geared to making things dead, so why not capitalize on that with a few cards like Reanimate, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni or Sepulchral Primordial?