Creature — Avatar
Intimidate When Sepulchral Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, you may put up to one target creature card from that player's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , Pelli , sonnet666 , TheRealPeaches , pskinn01 , damo_rox , Joblaska , rikertchu , twistedmage , Swamy , rakdos24 , Fairseas , Esquire_ , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , philktoken8998 , MattN7498 , bradyofportdetroit , EliGjerdingen , Lindough , KipIsKosher , Nemesis , Auriel , frederiklw , thetechzombie , darthnuchi|
|Want (7)||snackeater , VampSlayer , The_Munchkin , Tiddilywinkus , Pylioz , Desol4tion , mafmatician|
Sepulchral Primordial Discussion
3 days ago
This looks like a pretty fun deck, I rather like Gonti ETB as a theme.
Other interesting ETBs to consider:
Creature control:Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Abyssal Gatekeeper, Slum Reaper: If your playgroup likes their indestructible/hexproof stuff. I would not run all of course but pick your favorite.
Revival:Puppeteer Clique, Entomber Exarch, GravediggerClique is one of my favorite creatures period, really handy to have. Exarch offers options on ETB and Gravedigger is a classic but his relatively low cost can be really nice.
Other:Netherborn Phalanx: For both playing and tutoring. Can really hurt with a Panharmonicon in play.
4 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
5 days ago
You don't need that many wincons, especially since you have tutors. Cut Drain Life and Consume Spirit for more card draw or removal.
Not sure what the role of all the token generators is. You could cut some of them as well. Army of the Damned should give more Zombies than Empty the Pits. Razaketh, the Foulblooded is a good way to make use of tokens.
You don't seem to be running enough creatures to benefit from Mikaeus or Nim Deathmantle. Sepulchral Primordial, Noxious Gearhulk, and Duplicant are always good to recur. Perhaps Tetzimoc, Primal Death or Massacre Wurm for a bit of mass removal?
Myojin of Night's Reach would be good for mass discard.
Cut Basilica Screecher. Doesn't contribute much. You already have Crypt Ghast for extort.
1 week ago
Ahhh. I get you. So maybe some protections? Lightning Greaves or the Like? Maybe some Graveyard Recursion to keep the commander recasting cost down or play the baddies in enemy yards like Sepulchral Primordial? If I was playing against this deck with ANY of my creature or commander-centric decks, I'd be making deals with Dango to keep my wheels spinning. With ~28 instant removal spells, even if he can't get his commander to stick, you're still looking down the black barrels at nasty creature hate.
Yeah, I don't see it clinching any titles, but it sure can change the board state (and at instant speed!)
1 week ago
Hi Crivaro, have you considered Duplicant, Phyrexian Ingester, or Noxious Gearhulk for removal? Sepulchral Primordial, Diluvian Primordial, and Molten Primordial also gain lots of value when copied and with Naban or Panharmonicon. Flamerush Rider can copy your other stuff for even more ETBs, and Worldgorger Dragon can flicker your entire board twice a turn (or as many times as you want with Ashnod's Altar).
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 30 | 8 COMMENTS | 1061 VIEWS | IN 9 FOLDERS
1 week ago
Welcome Back to the Game! You've chosen the right Format for fun and using all those sweet old cards.
Not too many editions: This will make for a great casual play and a fantastic deck to tinker. Looking at your build, I'm assuming that you're not looking to throw hundreds of dollars at this so my suggestions reflect that.If you want some more Elvish Ramp, Throw Elvish Archdruid and/or Elvish Guidance in the mix.Perhaps some more value on your opponent's discarding? Megrim and Liliana's Caress add damage; Animate Dead, Necromancy, Sepulchral Primordial, Yawgmoth's Vile Offering, and Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni all let you get baddies out of your opponents' graveyards. The Eldest Reborn is pretty good in multiplayer, too.Timely Targeted removal is huge in EDH, too. Abrupt Decay, Beast Within and other multi-type removal may stop people's engines from coming online.
Good luck and Have fun!
2 weeks ago
Got in 1 more game today and boy was it a long one. Lost, but not too surprised. All 3 of my opponents were A: playing blue and B: were running a LOT of answers lol. One of my opponents was also playing blue Braids which just threw the game on its head anyways and allowed people to drop bombs while holding up plenty of mana for answers.
I think my opponents had more fun with my grave than I did... Body Double copied my Sepulchral Primordial then that same copy was Rite of Replicationed for 5 more copies by another opponent lol.. meanwhile I was sitting on 4 mana. Sidisi, Mikaeus, and Sheoldred all turned traitor as well. All in all not a good game for evaluating how the deck did, but it was a fun game and that's all that matters.
2 weeks ago
Few changes I'm considering, what y'all think?