As an additional cost to cast Toxic Deluge, pay X life.
All creatures get -X/-X until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||robbnoble , DrPopular , Poptartz95 , vashaclarens , LTmiller , , DruneGrey|
|Want (11)||Ariumlegion , DudeMan1031 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MindAblaze , mentor6 , Spinalripper , sonnet666 , pauldiamond64 , BlueMageBrandon , TheRealPeaches , Vasbear1|
Toxic Deluge Discussion
1 day ago
@ frwtr1968 Love the deck so far! It seems like a very fun and efficient mix of ramp, stax, sacrifice effects and reanimation! Normally, I would suggest adding some more ramp, but honestly I think you are pretty good! However, 37 lands for a deck with an average cmc of 2.86 is a lot and I would suggest cutting a land or two and adding in some more mana doublers like Nirkana Revenant and Magus of the Coffers to help ramp you (I would lower your land count to 36 lands if it was up to me, but 37 is just fine too). Nirkana Revenant is also a great finisher if you can somehow manage to get it through unblocked with something like a Whispersilk Cloak! The only thing I am struggling with is how you plan to win the game. While winning through attrition and recursion is definitely possible, I feel like you deck lacks staying power late game. Since you have a bunch of 1/1s and 2/2s, you aren't really winning through combat damage, and since you don't have any infinite combos (that I can see) you can't threaten to combo off and win that way. I would personally recommend adding in at least one infinite combo, a few more tutors and some more sac effects to help you win the game easier! In particular, I would recommend including the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Walking Ballista/Triskelion combo to close out games that go long. In addition to being a combo piece, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is an amazing value engine that provides redundancy in terms of recursion and synergizes with Black Sun's Zenith! Another way to increase the power level of your deck is to add more tutors. Some tutors that are underused and would work great in your deck are Diabolic Intent, Increasing Ambition and Beseech the Queen. Lastly there are a TON of cards that synergize with your sacrifice theme (of permanents in general, not just creatures) or that benefit from creatures dying, that I think warrant some serious consideration. It don't have time to explain them all, so I will just provide a list and let you decide which ones to include! Alright, here are the cards I think should probably be in your deck: Fume Spitter, Tree of Perdition, Toxic Deluge, Death Cloud, Deathgreeter, Demon of Death's Gate, Ob nixilis, the unshackled, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Weaponcraft Enthusiast (amazing reanimation target), Nezumi Bone-Reader, Malicious Affliction (Best removal for your colors!), Exsanguinate, Lake of the Dead, Bitterblossom (a must include in my opinion), Tragic Slip, Darksteel Plate (to protect Shirei), Hope of Ghirapur, Champion's Helm (same reasoning as Darksteel Plate), Bone Splinters, Killing Wave, Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, Waste Not, Cryptbreaker, Strionic Resonator (Does double Shirei triggers sound fun?!), Wretched Confluence, Entomb, and Champion of Stray Souls! Anyways, I know that's a lot of suggestions and a lot of information to take in, but I figured I should give you all the advice I have and let you decide what to do with it! Feel free to ask me for more advice or suggestions if you need to. Good luck with this amazing deck!
2 days ago
Necropotence is AMAZING in commander. If you're playing any card in mono black, it should be that.
I would consider Sheoldred, Whispering One for this deck for the constant recursion/sac loop with Gisa, but you'll probably get targeted quickly because of the sacing your opponents have to do.
I would also take the advice of the above comment and remove Platinum Emperion. It'll attract a lot of unnecessary hate and no-bos with some of your cards.
Nice deck overall though. You have a decent curve, good amount of mana rocks, and a honed strategy. +1
4 days ago
Toxic Deluge is a card I don't think you should run without, as far as suggestions go. The life cost just has to be tailored to the highest power you want to kill, and it costs far less than many of your other options.
1 week ago
The best on-color wrath is Pernicious Deed. Toxic Deluge and maybe a BSZ are worth running. Spot removal is meta dependent, but tutors are not. There is no reason not to be running Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Mystical Tutor, and probably Diabolic Intent, though that one is a little iffy
1 week ago
Nice deck, +1. You might want to take a look at my my build of the Kaalia deck for some inspiration. Here are just a few things that I noticed (and they assume a large budget, which obviously may not be the case; use your discretion):
(1) If you want Land Destruction, the obvious additions are--in addition to the things you mentioned-- Ajani Vengeant (which can also tap down/ burn a blocker so Kaalia can get through) and Ravages of War, which is Armageddon except ex$pen$ive. (I don't run it)
(2) Your creature suite: I could see some streamlining. The Akromas are somewhat controversial among Kaalia players. A lot of players think (and I agree) at the end of the day they're just dudes. Big dudes, but just dudes. They don't have anything going on besides large bodies; you can do better. Balefire Dragon would be a good start. It can singlehandedly wipe your opponents' boards. Steel Hellkite can do that too, esp. against tokens. Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon can steal wins, especially when equipped with a sword (more on that in a minute). I personally have some additional utility creatures in my deck like Grand Abolisher and Mother of Runes, as well as some cheaper creatures that can be easily cast if Kaalia gets removed so you're at least doing SOMETHING--Baneslayer Angel, Archfiend of Depravity, Stormbreath Dragon, etc. Some people run the former, but most everyone runs a few of the latter.
(3) Equipment: Would strongly recommend adding Stoneforge Mystic and acquiring Sword of Feast and Famine (combo with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault--which you should also consider adding) and Sword of Light and Shadow (recursion, combo.) The Mystic can also fetch up something as simple as Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots.
(4) Sweepers: Descend Upon the Sinful is cool and on theme, but basically overpriced by 2 mana relative to the effect that you're really using it for--the sweeper effect. This could simply become the much more efficient Day of Judgment (or Toxic Deluge) and you wouldn't notice the missing angle token. I'm not sure you want to be exiling your creature anyway; ideally you'd be peeling fatties out of the graveyard with something like Phyrexian Reclamation (or Volrath's Stronghold, if you can fit it into your budget.) Merciless Eviction can stay because it's very flexible; I don't personally run it, though again I've considered it.
(5) Mana Base: The Karoo lands (i.e. Orzhov Basilica) are cute, but the Shadowmoor/ Eventide filter lands (i.e. Rugged Prairie) are simply better. If you want an essentially no-strings "Sol" land, try Ancient Tomb. I'd also see about throwing in some more fetches; the KTK fetches can still be had relatively cheap. Also, Darksteel Ingot doesn't fit the game plan all that well--ideally you want 4 mana on turn 3, which the Ingot doesn't accomplish. Mind Stone or Talisman of Indulgence are your next best bets. Also look at Expedition Map because it can both fix your mana and tutor for a utility land like Hall of the Bandit Lord.
(6) The rest of the following recommendations are upgrades/things that would supplement what you're already doing and make the deck better overall. Dark Petition has a cool effect, but it still costs 5 mana. Pick up a Vampiric Tutor if you can. Break Through the Ranks could be Sneak Attack. Etc.
Feel free to inquire if you have any more questions.
1 week ago
Nice to have seen the 1/1 Snakes be set free on Thursday.
Black Sun's Zenith $3 would be all star.
Really like Sorceress Queen, very cool.
Gladehart Cavalry for CMC 7, he adds +1/+1 counters, which actually remove -1/-1 counters, which you then won't be able to proliferate. He's counter productive with this Commander.
Carnifex Demon can keep making snakes for . CMC 6 for 4/4 Flying + 2 1/1 Snakes then for another 2 1/1 Snakes and he becomes a 6/6 Flying. Pretty decent. You have some other CMC 7 creatures that do much less for $0.60, like Arachnus Spinner, Skysnare Spider.
Midnight Banshee could create a few 1/1 Snakes, he doesn't hit himself or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons. Just think of the poor 2/2 Wolfs though! He also is Whither, much better than a Arachnus Spinner or Skysnare Spider.
Grim Affliction the proliferate seems good, but not sure how many lingering -1/-1 there are. Definetely if you continue to pump up your -1/-1 counters through Wither and ETB's it would be useful. It's 2 1/1 Snakes but could be many more depending on the board state.
Some ideas anyway.
1 week ago
-1 Desecration Elemental (this card is bad)
-1 Bad Moon (you don't have enough creatures for this to actually help you)
-1 From Under the Floorboards (you have no ways to enable the madness and it's a subpar spell otherwise)
+1 Army of The Dammed (if you want a token maker, hard to beat this. You can also mill it when you don't want it and flash it back later)
-1 Mutilate (10 swamps aren't enough to make this card worth it)