|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Buyback (You may pay an additional as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||jtfran02 , ZombieFood , KillDatBUG , MoJoMiXuP , xXThormentXx , Kvothe1115 , cryptoplasm , Sparky41 , brokendwarf , dplerner , SirFabius|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , DudeMan1031 , Galdelonian|
48 minutes ago
I'd swap out Blaze for Fanning the Flames. It lets you recur the burn, and build it bigger & brighter. Spell Burst, Reiterate, Forbid, and Capsize are all solid choices for recurring spells, as are Arc Blade and Reality Strobe, getting more bang for your buck, as it were. not sure if I'd run all (or even that many of) them, but figured I'd point them out.
you seem to be excessively interested in the opponent's hands, with all the Peek cards you have. I'd probably swap them for better drawing options - Sleight of Hand, Telling Time, Opt, Peer Through Depths, Serum Visions and Think Twice all seem like better fitting options here.
lastly, Recoup for an earlier version of Past in Flames that's single target, Mizzix's Mastery because holy overload batman, and Increasing Vengeance because if its worth casting, its worth casting more than once.
sorry to dump a wall of links on you, been looking at making a similar deck for a while, so had most of these on my mind. best of luck!
4 days ago
I know next to nothing about mono U in EDH, but there's really no reason not to run Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal infinite mana combo (with any mana rock). Especially when you already have Capsize and Blue Sun's Zenith to use with the inf. mana. And it's budget!
My first thoughts for cuts would be Future Sight unless it plays some role I'm not seeing and maybe Rewind as your worst permission, though you could perhaps cut a land since the higher land count is mostly to hedge against poor opening hands.
EDIT: To answer your question, I think it looks fine. My suggestions reflect that mono- combo/control is more effective in EDH, to my knowledge, since is a fragile stand-alone control color.
If you want to make it more resilient in a multiplayer group, I'd add the above combos to quickly take care of threatening players. If you want to make it faster in 1v1, I'd streamline the deck to be a High Tide combo build, which you can also do on a budget like this.
4 days ago
Some more invocations:
Pretty stoked about the prospect of opening the Lord of Extinction, No Mercy, or Capsize for EDH purposes. I may have already said this but the Damnation and Blood Moon artwork is fantastic, but those borders are still so off putting...
1 week ago
Hands down this is my favorite of all the decks you've done! I love playing Mizzix, but she can draw a lot of hate. Your deck takes all of the stuff I love from Mizzix and puts it in a less suspicious shell. I figured I'd throw out a few of my favorties from my own experiences, although not all of these are budget options.
- Turnabout - helps power-up your experiment by untapping your lands
- Past in Flames - why return Epic Exp to your hand when you can just cast it from the GY?
- Capsize - spells with buyback work great with Epic Exp
- Mizzix's Mastery - incredible useful as long as Epic Exp is NOT in your GY
- Mystic Confluence - not budget, but fantastic utility card
- Part the Waterveil - you can't awaken it off Epic Exp but it's still a free extra turn
- Walk the Aeons - extra turn, and with all your fetching you might have the islands to buy it back
- Firemind's Foresight - a severely underrated tutor, especially with the amount of ramp at your disposal. I'd recommend fetching Swan Song for protection, Epic Exp, and Reiterate for the payoff.
- Snap - if you hit it with Epic Exp then you get free mana!
- High Tide - I dont think there are enough islands in here to justify it, but it's really sweet with some of the untap effects
- Sphinx of the Final Word - meta-dependent, can help make sure your Epic Exp doesn't get countered
- Pyromancer's Goggles - great way to copy your Epic Exp, and it's just a great card to own in general
- As Foretold - I'm not sure if it's great in this deck, but it DOES let you cast spells for free, which means you have extra mana available for the Epic Exp
- Isochron Scepter - so many good targets for this one
- Dissipation Field - helpful defensive tech
- Everflowing Chalice - Pairs really well with Kruphix to power-up your Epic Experiments
1 week ago
Dude, you just gotta run more -spells! They offer a Billy Mays guarantee that you'll get an experience counter - or your money back!