|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Exile target creature. Its controller manifests the top card of his or her library. (That player puts the top card of his or her library onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. If it's a creature card, it can be turned face up at any time for its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reality Shift Discussion
3 days ago
Hey, just commenting like I said I would on facebook. An easy cut here is Sulfur Falls because you have two :) Next I'd say Blue Sun's Zenith, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Coat of Arms and Think Twice. The first three are win-more, and I believe that your goal for winning is fairly straightforward, it also involves a lot of mana, not infinte, which these often look for. Coat of Arms helps your opponents, do not reccommend. Running Rapid Hybridization, Pongify and Reality Shift may be overkill, I'd drop one, your choice. In an effort to avoid fluff, I also believe that either Vedalken Shackles or Helm of Possession can get the boot. It may be personal preference, but I don't like Mystic Confluence much, if you don't agree just drop one of my adds. In place of it, I'd add Muddle the Mixture to counter and search, as well as Merchant Scroll for more search, and Fabricate for you guessed it, more search. That's 8 cuts, 3 additions, which bring you to 100. Let me know what you think.
1 week ago
Not going to argue my position further since it's obvious I'm drastic opposition. Pulling my list down. Anyway, I'll leave you with what I believe to be some things that'll help you.
Irrelevant Arcanis Stuff Show
- Get a greedier mana base. No way other than LTP to fetch B2B makes the extra utility better. Academy Ruins, Buried Ruin, and Inventors' Fair are solid options.
- Drop thinking about MoM or DramaScepter as common combos. Your most accessible combo is Sensei's + Voltaic Key + Engine. All the pieces are artifacts and have great utility outside of the combo. Tutoring for the other two combos is much harder. You essentially have LTP for MoMo and Mystical and Muddle for Drama Scpter. That's piss poor for tutor options. You'll have more consistency with the artifact route. Include Reshape for more artifact tutors. I know it's 3 cards, but you're gonna be looking for Engine anyway. You'll run into situations where it's just going to be easier to get some extra artifacts than it is to try to assemble the other combos. Arcanis is also not guaranteed by any means to go through and working on either will further the other.
- You have 2 instant speed cantrips. That's not enough to make Scepter + Engine + Cantrip a thing without forcing it and the opportunity cost for including more is low. Could drop some of Ponder, Visions, Preordain.
- As for LabMan, think of it like this. If you're going off with one of the combos that draws you your deck, you're going to have access to all the cards in your library, yea? At that point, converting to colored is easy via engine, candelabra, voltaic, etc. It shouldn't matter what you use to win at that point. BSZ will get you there just as easily as LabMan except that card actually does something outside of combo. On the other hand, if you just manage to get DramaScepter out, BSZ is strictly better as it allows you to draw your deck regardless of whatever else is going on whereas LabMan is dead in hand. I honestly don't see why this is such a huge point of contention. He's just not needed to win.
- Reality Shift should probably be your spot removal of choice.
- Pemmin's Aura's greedy af. If you're just interested in seeing more of your deck, Jace's Archivist could do more consistent work. Scroll Rack is another solid option.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
You need a lot more ramp if you are gonna run 33 lands. I think the biggest thing people make mistakes with when building Jhoria decks is they put too many finishers in and not enough card draw and mana ramp (Fellwar Stone, Darksteel Ingot, Hedron Archive, Thought Vessel, Thran Dynamo). I think it's much better to ramp Solemn Simulacrum, draw a bunch Pull from Tomorrow, then put a bunch of stuff on suspend than do one or two things at a time. Also, since people will be able to see the threats coming, more low drop blockers or things that deter attacking are necessary: Clever Impersonator, Stunt Double, and other Clone type cards can do great at keeping you alive early and copying your big things late. Reality Shift Chaos Warp and Divergent Transformations are all good removal in blue and red.
Also you are missing: Fury Charm, Paradox Haze, and Timecrafting. these all change the math of when your threats become real, and thus can be used to increase your chance of survival. Quicksilver Amulet is a good way to cheat things in at instant speed.
3 weeks ago
I find Chain of Vapor to be a little underwhelming, I would replace it with something that more thoughroughly deals with threats. Reality Shift is a good creatures answer at instant speed. I'm never too worried about what they could get as long as the current threat is dealt with. Song of the Dryads is my favorite removal spell in EDH. It hits everything on the board and locks out decks that need their commander to function. Obviosly this is mean, but if there's no other way to hit some indestructable commander, it does the job. Also, theme wise, Coax from the Blind Eternities is a great lovecraftian ritual card and can be powerful if one of your eldrazi gets exiled or you have house rules or flexibility with what is "outside the game". Hope it turns out well. First deck looks good!
3 weeks ago
Some other hug cards are Ghirapur Orrery and Horn of Greed, but it's better when you help others while helping yourself more. For this reason I suggest Selvala, Explorer Returned and Tempt with Discovery, because the effect is asymetrical.
Finally I made a stealing deck myself but in Temur colors, feel free to check it out
4 weeks ago
so im coming into this a little late. sorry for the delay, i meant to comment a lot earlier. The problem this deck has is a little deeper than just using sub-optimal cards. a deck like bogles doesn't need to play tier one to be able to perform. that said, you deck does have a "competitive" tag on it, but that's a different discussion entirely.
anyway, your real problem is that the deck currently doesn't have a real identity. You are playing aggressive cards outside of an aggressive deck, and control cards outside of a control deck. the result is that your deck plays very clunky. based on your description and a few of your card choices, i feel like what you are trying to build is a midrange tempo deck. so incremental advantage is the name of the game.
you already have some good things going on. for example Familiar's Ruse with Coiling Oracle is excellent. that's the kind of synergy we want to replicate. more etb effects on creatures, and more ways of recurring them. Kitchen Finks, Eternal Witness, Vendilion Clique, that sort of thing. this route would also give you a lot of options for sideboarding, but i digress.
here's where the weakness of your color choice comes in. removal. green has none that's worth taking. there's Beast Within, but ive built decks where i've splashed white just to avoid having to use it. unfortunately blue doesn't fare much better. it has bounce spells like Vapor Snag, and you've also got janky removal like Rapid Hybridization and Reality Shift. sadly, there really isnt a good option here. white adds a lot to your deck in terms of creatures, and it would give you Path to Exile, so maybe consider it down the road.
I hope this is helpful to you. My hope is that this will give you a bit of card knowledge, and hopefully you can make changes while still keeping the deck what you want it to be. let me know if you need any help. im always a message away.
4 weeks ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!