|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Morbid — At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||rikertchu , Jauntu , Royal_Windsor , Friedrice24 , bennybubbles , goodair|
|Want (38)||djb5075 , Allbeing , SlickWizard , SeditiousCanary , Mikitta , TyDyMiler , CryAll , GingerDynamite , CrugXC , Eratosthenes , Mneys , kovellen , BigBadBlight , blaze333 , DoctorPiccolo , TheFateless , ishingun , starkzero , Turtlelover73 , Animale , acbooster , Oskani , akki007 , georgehades , sleepy104 , hmhlund , drjager21 , Kharuman , Snarkatr0n , jessniem , AlphaSp , Herdisleah , thorazul , Elementalism , allyrallytally , H4tM4st3r , rco , Korevana|
Deathreap Ritual Discussion
1 week ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
2 weeks ago
ByrdmanAK mentioned a large quantity of the cards I was going to suggest for you, so overall I'd say their post is a great place to start off. I'd like to add a few other tips of my own:
Some more reliable ways to get creatures into your graveyard would be pretty beneficial, since your graveyard is basically a (slightly slower) extension of your hand, especially with Meren as your commander. Buried Alive is a great option that's under $4 - three creatures for three mana is not a bad deal at all. Some creatures that pitch cards to your graveyard can also be extremely handy. Corpse Connoisseur is an Entomb on a body that you can Unearth for a second shot, and creatures like Satyr Wayfinder, Nyx Weaver and Splinterfright that mill you a few cards can load up your graveyard with juicy Meren targets.
As you move forward and you're able to start adding some more expensive cards (if you do decide you like the deck and start upgrading it), any dredge-enablers are great, especially when you start playing around with interactions such as with The Gitrog Monster.
If you're looking for some fun, underplayed cards, I might recommend Deadbridge Chant and Deathreap Ritual. Chant is a fun graveard-filler, and while it's a little bit of a pain to choose a card from your graveyard randomly it makes for some fun experiences. Deathreap Ritual is a pet card of mine, surviving years of modifications in my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck; even though it doesn't fit with my overall theme of "creatures over non-creatures", I've just gotten way too much value off of it over all my games. Since you draw during the end step of every turn in which creatures died, you can end up getting some draw value during other players' turns as well as your own.
Hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
We like what you've done here; looks fun to play! We have some ideas for you that we hope will make your deck even more fun:
- We would exchange some of the land in this deck for ramp options. Spells like Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Cultivate or Kodama's Reach would all work well in that regard. Burgeoning and if you can afford it, Exploration are even better.
- Hermit Druid would be perfect in this deck as it allows you to fill up your graveyard while at the same time allow you to ramp. In this regard, Life from the Loam is even better, but it's also more expensive.
- Royal Assassin seems to fit right in with the overall theme of the deck.
- We would add some cards that would allow you to profit from the death of creatures in the form of drawing more cards. Our picks for that would be cards like Grim Haruspex, Harvester of Souls and Deathreap Ritual. Overall, you could also use cards like Underworld Connections or the more expensive Phyrexian Arena/Rhystic Study to draw more cards. Up to you :)
Cards from your current selection that we would cut to make room:
- Panglacial Wurm/Vorosh, the Hunter/Primeval Protector; powerful for sure, but each is very expensive to cast and not needed for your overall strategy;
- Memory Erosion; nice card but would be more at home in a mill-deck, furthermore you do not have many cards in this deck that profit from what's in your opponent's graveyard to fully utilize this card.
We hope this has helped you some. Please let us know! And if you feel like you have the time/inclination, we would love your feedback on our EDH decks. Have fun with this deck (and MTG overall)!
With kind regards,
Mrs. & Mr. NV_1980
3 weeks ago
Costly Plunder and Altar's Reap fit the theme, but still seem quite weak. If you need the extra card draw, I would swap them out for Phyrexian Arena and Deathreap Ritual, which are more consistent and will draw you more cards over time.
1 month ago
Daedalus19876 Now you have a good point, I'm willing to use this baby on Brawl, but the minus and ultimate didn't call my attention in EDH, I think arena is stil a better draw engine. In my list I use Driven and Deathreap Ritual as draw engine, I'm thinking of substitute one of this.
1 month ago
Doubling Season: meh, yes this deck generates lots of tokens, but there aren't a lot of great ways to generate oppressive value off of them in an explosive manner. Obviously I can sac them for any number of benefits, but most require mana or large bodies (like Altar of Dementia. Right now its on the maybe pile, in large part because it (fairly) paints a target on me the minute I play it.
Beast Whisperer: i don't have one, it will go in once I can get my hands on it.
Ashnod's Altar: got booted for Perilous Forays. colorless mana isn't great in this deck, as most of my board is very cheap and costs colored mana. can't rely on cards like Gemstone Array to turn colorless into colored mana, so its out. It is a free sac outlet, which is very good, particularly with the dictate effects. on the maybe board pending some playtesting
1 month ago
Harvest Season will usually be worse than Kodama's unless you run significantly more 1 and 2 drops. I think you could use more ramp cards in general. One with Nature will do some goddamn work in your deck and is a one-drop.
Infect could be nice. People will assume you're running it anyway. Triumph of the Hordes is a good $ option. Otherwise Tainted Strike or Grafted Exoskeleton. You're going wide, so Golari anthem effects could be good 1x Overwhelming Stampede, Pathbreaker Ibex. Beastmaster does it really well and I see you already run it. Is an awesome card to drop when you already have 7 creatures out.
Reclaim, Regrowth, and especially Creeping Renaissance are some of the best cards you could run. Your creatures will be boardwiped. Being able to grab 100% of your creatures from the graveyard to your hand stwice is amazing.
1 month ago