|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Mythic Rare|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Creature — Vampire
Lifelink, protection from white and from black
As long as you have 30 or more life and an opponent has 10 or less life, Blood Baron of Vizkopa gets +6/+6 and has flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||golgarigirl , Brandbrower21 , Skulldrey , ChrisH , 2austin5 , Spinalripper , MonoRedBomb.Com , Unjust_DiabIo , mziter501 , awalloftext , vashaclarens , Cyrk , MattN7498 , rakdos24 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||bradyofportdetroit , KevinLS|
Blood Baron of Vizkopa Discussion
1 day ago
My zeal lead me to make an error. Indulgent Aristocrat should not be listed as it is one of the best one drops we play.
I count 37 other black cards in your deck besides Vampire Nocturnus. Has he been consistent enough for the mana cost?
I am playing New Blood and Captivating Vampire. Has Olivia Voldaren's theft effect been worth the heavy mana investment? If not, she has to be cut as there are too many good four mana creatures competing for that spot. Purphoros, God of the Forge is one along with Sanctum Seeker from Ixalan.
I agree with your cut of Olivia, Mobilized for War and Kalastria Highborn. Tithe Drinker seems lackluster. Mirri the Cursed, Blood Baron of Vizkopa and Drana's Emissary seem too expensive. The worst offender of this group seems to be Blood Baron of Vizkopa as he is expensive and conditional.
I have questioned 13 cards of which two you are cutting two and one, Indulgent Aristocrat, should not have been included. If you could only keep three of the remaining 10 cards what would they be?
You did not mention Sanctum Seeker as one of the new cards you wanted to test. It is the best vampire for your build from the new set.
I am playing Exquisite Blood and am glad you are putting it into the deck. I have been debating whether to pull it out of the deck. Exquisite Blood along with Cliffhaven Vampire form a infinite combo once one of our opponents take damage. I never tutor for it and was thinking of cutting one or both. Did you intentionally leave out combos?
3 days ago
Last_Laugh, I took your and others advice and put Teferi's Protection in the deck. I have only cast it once but it won me the game. I put Boros Charm in today. Has it been performing to your expectations?
I really like your enchantments and instants. I did have questions about several of your creatures. Some of these seem ineffective for the mana or just low cost but offer nothing else.
Can you make a case for the inclusion of these cards:
Vampire Nocturnus, Tithe Drinker, Olivia Voldaren, Olivia, Mobilized for War, Necropolis Regent, Mirri the Cursed, Kalastria Highborn, Indulgent Aristocrat, Drana's Emissary, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, and Anowon, the Ruin Sage?
1 week ago
I would cut the following cards due to their high mana costs and because they offer little other than their bodies to the deck: Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Licia, sanguine Tribune , Malakir Bloodwitch, Nirkana Revenant, Patron of the Vein, and Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter. Additionally I would cut Black Market, Cathars' Crusade, and Blood Tribute for more or less the same reasons. I would cut these for more ramp, which in mardu is just mana rocks, and lands in general, even if you kept 1-3 of your big beaters and cut the rest it would improve the curve and draws considerably.
2 weeks ago
Hey, my advice is to the try to decrease the avg cmc. Right now it's 4.0, this is too high because you want to have a some what established board state with Vamps before you cast Edgar from the Command Zone.
You're currently playing 9x six drops, this is too many because you already have your six drop play which is Edgar. Clogging up this spot on the mana curve takes away from being able to play Vamps before you want to cast Edgar.
Consider these five cards to cut to make 100 cards:
Continuing my advice, all I've suggested is to cut 4x six drops and 1x seven drop. This will decrease the avg cmc in return allow you to get more Vamps on the battlefield quicker.
You're using several cards in the sideboard that I consider premium cards with Edgar:
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Gifted Aetherborn
- Indulgent Aristocrat
- Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
- Vampire Nocturnus
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
If you have these cards I would add all of them to the main deck in place of five drops. 13x five drops is too many I would cut this to five or six this includes both Vamps and other spells. Five drops I would cut are:
- Fell the Mighty
- Increasing Ambition
- Crimson Honor Guard
- Liliana Vess
- Sanguine Bond
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa
- Bloodline Necromancer
One thing I see that might happen and can be frustrating when playing an aggressive deck in Commander is running out of gas. To prevent this I would include more draw. Mentor of the Meek, Night's Whisper, Sign in Blood. Menor is great even though he isn't a Vamp with the Vamp tokens from Edgar's eminence. Paying one mana to draw a card when a token is created. Take advantage of black spells which let you draw two cards for only two mana they're very good.
You're playing artifact ramp which is great especially when paying a Commander who costs six mana. Consider two drop artifact ramp instead of three drop? I suggest this because the three drop spot has the majority of Vamps and you want to play one of these Vamps not ramp at this stage of a game. The two drop spot has Vamps, but they are less powerful or plentiful as the three drop Vamps. Because of this you can use this opportunity in a game to cast some ramp. I suggest three Signets: Rakdos Signet, Boros Signet and Orzhov Signet. In fact I would cut the majority of non-Vamp three drop cards with the exceptions being draw and a couple of removal spells.
My advice for the manabase is you're much better off playing basic Swamps in place of a lot of the come into play tapped lands such as Wind-Scarred Crag and Orzhov Basilica. Black mana is very important here so much that I would limit the amount of red and white cards you play and really only use those two colors to cast Edgar, a few Vamps and a few removal spells, but only as a splash. Another option that's less budget is to play lands that can make any color of mana: Exotic Orchard, Forbidden Orchard, City of Brass, Reflecting Pool.
Here's a few more cards to consider adding. Most of these I consider upgrades to what you're already using:
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Do you want GY recurrence Bloodline Necromancer, Unburial Rites or Beacon of Unrest Kindred Boon is great for tribalalso Jet Medallion since you are majorily black - it is better than Bontu's Monument since you have more black than only creatures - though I would advice you to take up both.Also this guy is a beast Blood Baron of Vizkopa
1 month ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
1 month ago
I Agree with this
1 month ago
I wouldn't play Tasigur, the Golden Fang. Go for Blood Baron of Vizkopa. Far more "oomph!" and a stronger finisher. He's even more spooky when you're already playing Lightning Helix and Timely Reinforcements.