|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Realms (V12)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|The Dark (DRK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Maze of Ith
: Untap target attacking creature. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by that creature this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Maze of Ith Discussion
4 days ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
6 days ago
6 days ago
Beautiful primer here!
It should be noted that Ley Weaver / Argothian Elder + Maze of Ith doesn't work, as Maze of Ith only untaps attacking creatures. You could use Griffin Canyon if you think using Arcane Adaptation or Conspiracy is worth it? That's probably the only clean way to do it.
2 weeks ago
I run a minimum of 35 lands, including the Ixalan flippy floppy lands, which are usually pretty consistent (Golden Guardian Flip, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip)and excluding ones that don't produce mana (Maze of Ith, Eye of Ugin). Works pretty well for me, but I'd imagine that it might be a bother for others. Honestly I'd rather be screwed than flooded.
2 weeks ago
I play similarly to you I think.
I tend to follow the structure I heard on Commanders Brew which is:
- 30 + CMC of your Commander (or highest between partners) + Number of colours of your Commander
Then around 10 slots for rocks / ramp / lands that do other things (e.g. Maze of Ith that doesn't produce mana). I'd agree with the above that if you use any rock with CMC >4 it better do something great! (Hedron Archive is a reasonable example, probably the bare minimum effect needed to include unless you're in ).
I always have to remind myself during the deck-building process that splashy awesomeness is awesome but without enough lands I'll never be able to play it anyway!
2 weeks ago
This deck is really nice! Good job! I was able to win on the first time playing it, but with some modification. I ditched 3 basic lands and replaced them with Thespian's Stage, Vesuva, and Maze of Ith. Together, I could remove 3 creatures from combat. Combined with Collective Restraint and Sphere of Safety, it was really hard to hit me, since my opponent had to pay 15 mana per creature. Then I used Torrential Gearhulk to cast Cyclonic Rift from my graveyard, and milled him down with Forced Fruition.
3 weeks ago
If you are looking for more defense, you could improve your land package to provide that. With all the land tutors that you run, you could add cards like Kor Haven and Maze of Ith, but most importantly Glacial Chasm. Looping that with land recursion or land bounce effects is insane. That card just wins games. You would need to cut some non-lands though for making room for the latter 2 because they do not produce mana.