|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Curse of the Swine
Exile X target creatures. For each creature exiled this way, its controller puts a 2/2 green boar creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||gildan_bladeborn , SirFabius , CampbellStev , bradyofportdetroit , DudeMan1031 , acbooster , rockleemyhero , redlegs_17 , Nemesis , pskinn01 , , Splashy , golgarigirl , Mousemke|
Curse of the Swine Discussion
12 hours ago
2 days ago
Some other "inexpensive" cards that could be fun:
- Capsize / Cyclonic Rift / Voyage's End / Crystal Shard / Wash Out for more bounce
- Isochron Scepter because a spell on a stick is always handy
- Curse of the Swine great removal (and VERY cheap for how good it is)
- Spell Crumple because a counterspell that goes back in to your deck rocks
- Ponder / Fact or Fiction / Blue Sun's Zenith / Foresee for more draw
4 days ago
6 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
2 weeks ago
@HydraxI like beck. I'm worried that it costs too many mana when paired with Hunted Phantasm or Hunted Troll and also that if they counter the troll/phantasm then they get a 1-for-2. I am going to playtest it and see how it fits in. With regard to Curse of the Swine and Swan Song: curse was in the initial deck but it is weak removal even without the tokens (and the tokens are often a pain) and Swan Song used to be a three of on the sideboard but modern sideboarding is very robotic and it doesn't fit well on the mainboard because, unless there are two Illness in the Ranks on the 'field, then the token will be annoying to remove (it would require a full spell to itself).
Thanks for your suggestions and +1s everyone. I am adding Swan Song to the maybeboard because it just fits so well with the theme.
2 weeks ago
I playtested this and it's honestly a lot of fun, you've done a great job here!
Main deck looks really solid, can't really find much wrong with it.
If there's any suggestion I could make, it would probably be Beck.
The Call part is probably less relevant because it's a bit expensive but hey, if you got the mana why not?
I'm not sure what you would take out though, like I said the main deck looks solid.
Good luck with this deck though, it's pretty awesome
2 weeks ago
Hey greyninja, thanks for stopping by and the recommendations!
I really like your Yidris deck and looked at it before I even saw your Animar - didn't realize that it is from the same creator though :)
Your Animar deck was an inspiration for my take on Yidris.
My Playgroup is pretty casual so i try to avoid going infinite or getting too out of hand moneywise. To be honest - I bought the precon deck, used some stuff I had laying around and made some low cost financial additions.
Regarding your recommendations: I have Tooth and Nail here but I always felt like it was a draw and win card. Most of the times it will find a specific combo and I like the random part of the deck. For the same reason I don't run any tutors here.
Curse of the Swine is a really nice suggestion, especially because it scales!
Bloodgift Demon was supposed to be on this list, got to readd it.
3 weeks ago
I saw you liked my Animar list. +1 from me. Figured I'd drop by and say hi!
I like a lot of the deck; Duplicant is perfect for multicolored, your ramp package is extensive, definitely some boardwipes and all that
4.58 average cmc is high. It looks like you're shooting for turns 2-4 ramp; Turns 4-8 drop beats or boadwipes. Fun!
Make sure every single creature will immediately give you value, or continue to give value once it has resolved. Hopefully you can swing thru. Phyrexian Ingester exiles. Bloodgift Demon has evasion and draws card$
I'm building the same Partner deck right now (LINK). Pretty much going for excessive ramp to fuel thrasios; then infinite. No pressures there
Also you should check out my Yidris deck (LINK). It might have some ideas too. Cheers