|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Curse of the Swine
Exile X target creatures. For each creature exiled this way, its controller puts a 2/2 green boar creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||SirFabius , mcstang1986 , sonnet666 , Lucretian , Wazerwifle , gildan_bladeborn , bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , REV666 , ZombieFood , Splashy , pskinn01 , , Kimimaro , Wolfninja , saj0219 , acbooster , xXThormentXx , DudeMan1031 , miracle , Dr_Jay , thetechzombie , MattN7498 , Nemesis , golgarigirl , twistedmage , vashaclarens , dplerner , shinobigarth , Va1mar , CampbellStev , Mousemke|
|Want (2)||Willis1994 , mlouden03|
Curse of the Swine Discussion
2 weeks ago
Great stuff, I adore merfolk tribal.
And I'll take any excuse to suggest Curse of the Swine.
2 weeks ago
Think Twice could be a nice way to keep the spells coming, and Goblin Electromancer and Curious Homunculus Flip would make a lot of them cheaper to cast. Brainstorm, Blue Sun's Zenith Treasure Cruise offer more cheap card draw. Izzet Signet and Mind Stone could be good for ramp and for fixing, in the first case. Young Pyromancer, Docent of Perfection Flip, and Talrand, Sky Summoner could be nice to pump out bodies. Archaeomancer offers a second Mnemonic Wall, not that I want to encourage any more of that. Rapid Hybridization, Curse of the Swine, Grapeshot, and Reality Shift offer some real cheap removal. Elixir of Immortality could help prevent self-mill. Also for cheap duals there are Izzet Boilerworks, Izzet Guildgate, and Highland Lake. Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse offer cheap fetching, and Lonely Sandbar and Forgotten Cave might work well too.
With all the cancels Baral might be decent as well, though he's a touch pricey. Come to think of it, Baral and Kari Zev's expertise cards could also help cast two spells in one turn.
Just my thoughts; I look forward to playing against it.
1 month ago
Like this a lot! A bit more oriented towards countering and Niv-Mizzet's draw-damage ability than my Niv-Mizzet stealing deck, but fun all the same :) I'm not entirely sure why you've got Chandra's Ignition in there. Sure, it's an awesome card, but is it in theme with this deck? Looks more to me like something to add to a voltron deck. If it's because you're looking to add a boardwipe effect, wouldn't you be better off with something like Blasphemous Act or Curse of the Swine?
P.S.: I'd appreciate you taking a look at the previously mentioned Niv deck; could really use the feedback.
1 month ago
Adds I would recommend: More lands 35 is pretty risky and generally you would prefer mana flood to mana screw. I would aim for 38 myself. Utility lands Yeah, this list runs Back to Basics but you will not always draw it and a couple dead lands with it out still is not so bad. You exclude a lot of useful effects like Reliquary Tower, Myriad Landscape, Riptide Laboratory (for protecting talrand), Faerie Conclave/Dread Statuary (for emergency blocks) etc. by not running nonbasics and mono-colour decks with no duals have the most space for those. More mana acceleration Most edh decks need ramp and this deck is no exception. With more mana, you can counter more spells per turn cycle. Sol Ring and other mana rocks are staples. I would aim for ten total. More card draw Same deal as ramp. Most of your counters trade 1 for 1 with your opponent's spells so you will need hand refills or you will run out of cards trying to trade 1 for 1 with 1 with 3 or 4 opponents. Pretty basic multiplayer card advantage. This deck prefers instants so it can keep mana up for counters. Blue Sun's Zenith, Stroke of Genius, and Pull from Tomorrow have a big impact. Perilous Research costs little and you can just sacrifice the drake it makes. Board wipes Some games you will fall behind your opponents so you need more reset buttons. Evacuation, Inundate, Crush of Tentacles, and Engulf the Shore all get you out of sticky situations and simulate a blue Wrath of God. Oblivion Stone permanently destroys. Other Curse of the Swine, Pongify, and Rapid Hybridization are all instant or sorcery spot removal. Rise from the Tides gets you a LOT of tokens. Dismiss replaces itself. Propaganda protects you. Brainstorm, Telling Time, Think Twice, Opt and other cantrips do not really give you net card draw since you use up a spell to cast them, but give you card quality instead.Cuts I would recommend: Kraken's Eye is probably bad because cards that only gain you life typically are. Elixir of Immortality is the same unless you are regularly near decking yourself. Backfire, Creature Bond, Feedback, Power Taint, Psychic Venom and other cards that only damage players are typically too low impact in edh. Disperse and Flash Counter are strictly worse than Into the Roil and Dispel. Cancel is strictly worse than s many other options; here is an entire article detailing them: http://articles.edhrec.com/in-the-margins-cancel/ Disappearing Act seems worse than Cancel unless you particularly want to replay your permanents.
1 month ago
Removal or sweepers you could consider: Life's Finale, Ixidron, Curse of the Swine, Crosis's Charm, Evacuation, Chaos Warp, Wrecking Ball, Nevinyrral's Disk; Big Game Hunter, Chain Reaction, Plague Wind, In Garruk's Wake
1 month ago
2 months ago
I have been having a blast playing Rashmi on magic online recently. My best suggestion is to use elves as your ramp. Getting her in play turn 3 is great, and the way elves synergies work you get even bigger mana later on. Rashmi is an elf so Priest of Titania, Elvish Archdruid, & Elvish Guidance are great, especially when you have all the other 1 cmc mana elves too like Llanowar Elves, etc. Karametra's Acolyte, Curse of the Swine and Restock are other mvps for me. Here's a link to my list for you:
2 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!