|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Curse of the Swine
Exile X target creatures. For each creature exiled this way, its controller puts a 2/2 green boar creature token onto the battlefield.
Curse of the Swine Discussion
1 day ago
Thanks, garruk3, for the suggestions. Given the really low curve this deck works on, though, I'm generally just trying to win before something like Melira shows up. If I sided in removal and Nature's Way wasn't going to work, I'd probably be wanting hard removal like Curse of the Swine , Polymorph , or Reality Shift , since in this case I'm unlikely to have mana open for a counter when it's needed.
3 days ago
As of cards to add and relatively budget: (also your deck wants to have alot of instant speed/flash stuff, always leave your mana up to plays spells not on your turn or float the mana if nothing important happened.
Tatyova, Benthic Druid
Blue Sun's Zenith
Stroke of Genius
Pull from Tomorrow
Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
Curse of the Swine
Nezahal, Primal Tide
3 weeks ago
Without a list of what's in the deck already:
Docent of Perfection Flip - not sure if you have this, but it's good in wizard tribal.
Cyclonic Rift - goes in any blue deck.
Insult is fun in combat damage based decks.
Vandalblast - how good this is would be meta dependant.
Curse of the Swine - good removal.
Mizzix's Mastery - gets better the more spell heavy the deck is.
Primal Amulet Flip - yes it's good.
Bident of Thassa - card draw.
Expropriate - is hated by some people as it can swing a game quickly.
1 month ago
Hey, fellow 'Laddie brewer! Stopping by to suggest some ideas to your deck.
It looks like you're mostly trying to go wide with tokens, and occasionally punish with big bois, or all the big bois. I noticed you have several token makers, but not enough big bois to make tokens of, or copy makers themselves. In this scope, allow me to suggest a few cards and possible pieces you could directly replace. These suggestions are rather minor as I don't want to change the scope of the deck entirely, as it should still be yours. :)
- Trading Post in for Whirlermaker : 4 mana and tap to make a dude is too expensive. A better option is to put in good ol' Trading Post as it makes a 0/1 goat for 1 mana and 1 life. Remember that life is a resource too, and at 40 in EDH, 1 life won't make that much of a difference. Besides, Trading Post does it all! Draws a card, recurs artifacts, creates tokens, and gains life. Excellent piece for any artifact deck.
- Cyclonic Rift for Aether Gale : This is the first big money upgrade I'm suggesting. I understand if you want to maintain a budget, but consider splurging on a CyRift if you see the chance to trade for one or come across some extra dineros. It bounces EVERYTHING except for your big bad bois, so you can swing out and win.
- Chaos Warp : Izzet suffers from the ability to remove enchantments or exiling in general (other than very few spells like Lava Coil or Curse of the Swine , two cards you also may want to consider as removal), so having a card that can hit anything is imperative. Chaos Warp at $2ish does just that. At instant speed! Oh, I'm about to get swung at with an unblockable Blightsteel Colossus ? Nope that noise. They've got Propaganda or Sphere of Safety ? Tuck it away! Thus, your chances to win increase even more. Like your number of tokens.
- Twinflame : Cheap copy maker, and you can make even more copies of more things, but only one is enough for Laddie to create an army. It's a bulk-ish card so it shouldn't hurt the budget.
- Desolation Twin : Another bulk card that makes a token on entry?? Excuse me?? Yup. Gives you a free 10/10 token on arrival that Brudiclad would like to use as a template. No annihilator, though, but an army of 10/10s is NOTHING to laugh at.
- Master of Etherium : A cheap, stronger, yet more vulnerable alternative to Darksteel Juggernaut. For three mana, its P/T is also equal to the number of artifacts you control, but it gets better. Other artifacts you control get +1/+1, meaning that EVERY Master of Etherium buffs the rest, giving you effectively twice as much power as the same number of Darksteel Juggernauts. And the cheap mana cost means you can pay to make a token of it on the same turn, then swing out with 10 tokens with 19/19. That's death. lol
- Flameshadow Conjuring : This card's worth a couple of bucks, but it's an enchantment that makes a token of anything you play for red. One mana. That's it. With Etherium Sculptor out, you would pay full price for a big beater AND a token of it that Lad is going to replicate. This card sees plenty of hate, so be way of when you play. Also, the token goes away at end of turn, so make
- Dance of Many : Old, cheap enchantment (costs UU to play) that makes a copy of ANYTHING on the board. Has a UU maintenance cost at the upkeep, but it doesn't matter if you already made other copies and swung with them all.
I invite you to look at (my build)[http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brudiclad-the-big-bad-boi-builder/] and compare lists for ideas. Again, I didn't suggest many changes because I don't want to take away from the deck; it should still be yours. Lemme know what you think of these changes!
1 month ago
Dimir Infiltrator - Tutor and unblockable.
Reality Shift - Good exile effect in blue.
Curse of the Swine - Also good exile effect in blue.
Imprisoned in the Moon - Incredible psudo removal.
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Provides psudo haste for an aggressive build like this. Teferi also doubles as a good control card here.
Devastation Tide - Blue/Black have a hard time dealing with enchantments. You will find use for this at some point.
You can also add some on-color cycling lands. They become useful after you don't care about drawing any more lands in the late game. Additionally, other on-color utility lands would be a plus. For example, Bojuka Bog or Halimar Depths would be fine additions.
1 month ago
You cast Control Magic , targeting an opponent's creature. Willbreaker 's ability triggers and goes on the stack. Willbreaker 's ability resolves first, and you gain control of the creature until Willbreaker leaves the battlefield.
If you lose control of Control Magic , while Willbreaker is in play, you will still control the creature until Willbreaker leaves play. If Willbreaker leaves play first, you will still control the creature until Control Magic no longer enchants the creature.
You will target the creature triggering Willbreaker . It resolves and the creature is now under your control. At this time, you do not have control over the auras and equipment attached to it.
It is still the same object, so Fumble will resolve and bounce the creature to its owner's hand (not you). You will gain control of the auras and equipment attached to that creature.
You target X creatures. Willbreaker will resolve, and you will gain control of those creatures. Curse of the Swine will resolve and exile those creatures. You will get 2/2 green Boar creatures, as you controlled the creatures at the time of Curse of the Swine 's resolution.
1 month ago
How does Willbreaker affect the following spells;
Control Magic Fizz?
Curse of the Swine I get pig Tokens?
1 month ago
Hope this has helped!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
Curse of the Swine occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
G/U (Simic): 0.54%