|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Obzedat, Ghost Council
Legendary Creature — Spirit Advisor
When Obzedat, Ghost Council enters the battlefield, target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile Obzedat, Ghost Council. If you do, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep. It gains haste.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||mcstang1986 , bakeraj4 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Brandbrower21 , ZombieFood , Poptartz95 , DudeMan1031 , accioali , voidruby , philktoken8998 , vashaclarens , Nightdragon779 , golgarigirl , failurechild88 , 2austin5 , Big-Foot|
|Want (2)||bradyofportdetroit , Turtlelover73|
Obzedat, Ghost Council Discussion
1 week ago
Twilight Shepherd is best friends with Teysa.
Baleful Eidolon early defense, and boosting to boot.
Belfry Spirit was made for teysa's ability.
Bygone Bishop gives great drawpower.
Celestial Kirin can be rediculously fun.
Crypt Ghast, ramp and extort, anyone?
Disowned Ancestor good early blocker that can grow.
Divinity of Pride just amazing!
Drogskol Cavalry makes spirits ang goves you life for it.
Ghost Council of Orzhova the OG Orzhov baddie.
Ghostblade Eidolon two words: double strike...
He Who Hungers hand-hate
Hopeful Eidolon early lifegain and boosting.
Infernal Kirin more hand hate
Kami of False Hope my favourite white 1-drop, and for a good reason.
Karlov of the Ghost Council if you have a subtheme of lifegain, then this guys is the BOMB
Kataki, War's Wage if you're not big on artifacts yourself, this guys is fantastic.
Kokusho, the Evening Star just amazing
Kyoki, Sanity's Eclipse even better hand hate
Lantern Kami cheap early air-control
Myojin of Cleansing Fire might be expensive, but I had to mention him.
Nikko-Onna solid enchantment hate
Obzedat, Ghost Council they're back. And better
Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens big beefy tokens? Yes please!
Revered Dead early awesome defense
Seizan, Perverter of Truth extra cards, at a price
To be continued...
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Defiant Bloodlord really isnt worth his mana cost, especially if youre only doing 22 lands. You really should cut him. In his place id reccomend going up on Divinity of Pride or Obzedat, Ghost Council you could also replace him with Sanguine Bond since it costs less mana and will more easily combo out with Exquisite Blood you also might want to consider Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet since he would lower your curve and slot nicely into the strategy. This kind of deck is one of my specialties and we can talk more about it in person.
1 month ago
I have a few suggestions, so just bare with me.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - She doesn't do anything to fit Kaalia's theme immediately. She's a great card, but will not be utilized efficiently in this deck.
- Burnished Hart - Keep this if you are passionate about it, but it's slow to utilize without a lot of ramp, and you'll want to spend the mana casting other spells to power your Kaalia engine.
- Mana Flare - I'd never give anyone else a bonus unless you were a group hug deck.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council - Like Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim this card doesn't fit your deck theme. You don't really have a lifelink sub-theme going here, so this should go.
- Sangromancer - If it ain't an Angel, Demon, or Dragon, or if it doesn't immediately have a use, like Grand Abolisher, then it should go.
- Angel of the Dire Hour - This will blow up your creatures if you cheat it in with Kaalia. Just saying.Fork - Keep it if you are passionate, but I personally don't see the use for this card in the deck.
- Wild Ricochet - Same as Fork
- Necropotence - You need the ability to draw, and this is the standard bearer for black card draw.
- Phyrexian Arena - If Necropotence is the champion, then this card is the runner-up.
- Greed - This is the second runner up.
- Ruby Medallion - Jet Medallion is a good idea in this deck. Why have one when you can have two?
- Diabolic Tutor - It's not the fastest tutor, but when you are desparate, you will appreciate it. Plus, it's budget friendly.
- Rune-Scarred Demon - This is Vampiric Tutor on a stick. Run it.
- Lord of the Void - This card is obnoxious in Kaalia. Sure, steal other players' creatures. Watch them sulk about it. Salty like the Dead Sea!
- Vampiric Tutor and Demonic Tutor - If you have the dinero, then these are no question.
- Dragon Mage - I love this guy. Nothing like being able to cycle your hand because you've got nothing but lands that you don't need.
Anyway, dude, I hope this helps. Can't wait for you to kill someone with it. Peace.
1 month ago
It still has lots of adequate good problem cards that other decks don't deal with well. Cards like Lingering Souls, Liliana of the Veil, Creeping Tar Pit and Obzedat, Ghost Council are more than sufficient for killing my opponents. Lately, I've been pretty impressed with the deck's performance. In testing the only deck I've had a real problem beating is burn. Even against Eldrazi Tron, I was doing pretty well which is very unusual for a control deck. If you're playing Esper Midrange, I encourage you to try this control deck out. Lately, it has been performing better than my Grixis Control deck.
1 month ago
I've seen some of the draw-go lists and I felt they didn't really have too many win conditions other than White Sun's Zenith. I am also not in love with the idea of running Esper Charm, Think Twice and Sphinx's Revelation. These cards aren't interactive enough for me personally. In addition Tasigur, the Golden Fang in esper midrange lists doesn't work well with Lingering Souls. I understand my deck is far from perfect or even competitive but I think through extensive testing and maybe some love from wizards card creating team can make this a potential option in the future.
In its current state, I felt the deck needed some more late-game threats which has led me to test out Obzedat, Ghost Council but I think he may completely screw up my mana and tempo. I'll have to test and see.
2 months ago
Not a bad list. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic was my first commander.
In time I've found the deck to be not too suitable to my playstyle and moved on to play Brago, the king who says Ni and Kemba kit-kat. I still have my Oloro deck but I am rebuilding it so I can't link you to a deck unfortunatly.
The advice I can give you is add more win cons.
Test of Endurance No need to explain
Felidar Sovereign same as above.
There are some useful creatures you can add, but I'll leave them to your judgement:
- Drogskol Reaver
- Magister Sphinx
- Obzedat, Ghost Council
- Karlov of the Ghost Council
- Ghost Council of Orzhova
There are more cards I used to use, but I don't want to over do it.I hope this helps, and if you need any more help feel free to ask.
Almost forgot, the Kaladesh weapon of mass destruction Aetherflux Reservoir ;)