Whenever an opponent casts his or her first spell each turn, that player exiles the top card of his or her library. If it's a nonland card, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.
|Want (4)||jgtanq , benwalter7609 , Rabu , Deliwashere|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mind's Dilation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Mind's Dilation Discussion
1 hour ago
Mind's Dilation seems right on theme for you here too. It triggers on cast, so you can still counter/commandeer whatever they're trying to play, plus possibly get thefty on something else to boot! It is quite costly for something that doesn't immediately improve your board state though.
5 days ago
troca opportunity por Precognitive Perception , shrine of the forsaken gods eh ruim, dispatch precisa de um deck mais focado em artefato, 19 eh pouco pra consistentemente ter 3 no campo, callous oppressor parece horrivel kkkk, painful truths nao funciona se voce jogar de graca do yennett, troca por um Read the Bones ou Notion Rain ou Dream Cache , o resto parece bem decente, mas vou falar um monte de carta impar que eu gosto: Burnished Hart , Thief of Sanity , Prognostic Sphinx , Scheming Symmetry , Acquire , Aether Gale , Wave of Reckoning eh especialmente bom pq nao mata yennett e mata o resto, Time Wipe , Plague Wind , Generous Gift , Mortify , Gilded Lotus , Imprisoned in the Moon , Mind's Dilation
2 weeks ago
goldlion, Thanks for the suggestion! I do feel Spark Double is ok, but I rather really steal something. I feel that's more effective. This, to be the strongest it can be, I need to gain control first, which will cost me a spell already. Ofcourse I can play it just to copy, but then I would rather play a spell that could steal instead. But I will add it to the "Maybe List" and might test it later on!
Lanzo493, Mycosynth Lattice is indeed a very good addition! I got one left over, so I am not quite sure why I didn't think of it myself. Mind's Dilation was also on my mind, I've had a lot of fun with that card before. But it's mana cost is very high, to high, if you ask me.
Erratic Portal and Crystal Shard are so evil! This is definitely worth trying to fit in the deck and try it out! I will add it to the maybe list and see how I can fit it in. But, you are stating "They can't activate any abilities to pay the mana", how can't they pay the mana for it? Am I missing someting?
2 weeks ago
Nothing helps Sen Triplets like a good old Mycosynth Lattice . Fixes your mana fixing, especially considering the color demands certain players' hands will require for casting their spells. It's a bity pricy, though. Also, Mind's Dilation seems like a great card, at least for flavor, in this deck.
If you want to be really mean, run Erratic Portal and Crystal Shard . Once you've chosen an opponent with Sen Triplets , you can then bounce one of their creatures. They can't activate any abilities to pay the mana, thus bouncing the creature so you can then cast it. It's a huge tempo swing and card advantage win.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey MagicalHacker. Thanks for taking the time and sharing some tips! I actually had a look at your deck in action as one of the sources for inspiration. Great stuff!
Before going over your suggestions, do you have any tips on what to cut :)? Would be nice to also hear your view on what cards you think I shouldn't run.
This is how I currently evaluate the cards you mentioned:
- Animate Dead , Necromancy & Reanimate : I like these cards, but I found the other graveyard recursion cards to be more appealing. I prioritized runing cards that can get me multiple creatures from the grave over one-shot effects. I might get Reanimate back in the list someday just because of the nostalgia factor.
- Aura Thief , Steal Artifact & Steal Enchantment : I don't like that these cards are narrow in application. I prefer to have card with a lot of options over more efficient ones in a control deck like this. Aura thief is really strong, but I am not running ways to get it to the grave reliably (like a sac outlet). That is why I ended u cutting it.
- Control Magic & Dream Leash : Great options if I get some more room for more steal effects. Dream leash is really strong. However, I prefer the other 5-drops I'm running atm, and I want to keep my curve nice and smooth.
- Geth, Lord of the Vault : love this card. However, I ended up cutting it for curve considerations.
- Grave Betrayal & Mind's Dilation : Both cards I like and have been in decks before. However, they are both do-nothing-enchantments for 7 mana. I like the 7-drops I ended up including better (and again, I want to keep a smooth curve).
- Memory Plunder : I don't like this card. It's mana cost is quite prohibitive with all the colored mana and only gets back 1 card. I like Spelltwine better. I might undervalue the fact that it's an instant, but with my playstyle I'm not expecting to hold up 4 mana with this deck.
- Mimic Vat : Fun card, but more at home in an arsticrats-style deck imo. It doesn't have additional synergy with what the deck is doing as I run very few ways to kill creatures.
- Agent of Treachery & Gilded Drake : I already run this duo in my Roon deck, where they are way more busted than in Silumgar. And I prefer to keep my decks distinct if possible.
- Mass Manipulation : Cool card and one I'd like to try out sometime :). Will see if I can acquire one.
- Commandeer : A card I would love to run, but quite pricey, and I haven't gotten around to acquire it yet.
- Pendant of Prosperity : A lovely trinket to steel back. I will give this card some thought :).
Again, thanks for checking out the deck!
GL & HF,
1 month ago
Comparing my Silumgar deck to yours, they are about half or more different (including lands), but I wanted to point out eighteen cards I think you should consider adding, nine of which are already on your maybeboard:
Animate Dead , Aura Thief , Control Magic , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Grave Betrayal , Memory Plunder , Mimic Vat , Mind's Dilation , and Steal Artifact should move into the mainboard from the maybeboard.
Agent of Treachery , Commandeer , Dream Leash , Gilded Drake , Mass Manipulation , Necromancy , Pendant of Prosperity , Reanimate , and Steal Enchantment should skip the maybeboard and go straight to the mainboard.
These are simply my suggestions! If you are unsure of if these cards are as good as I say they are, check out my deck at The Bloodhall Season 1 - Dragonlord Silumgar and you can see how the deck plays in videos in its description.
1 month ago
Have you ever considered cards like Body Double , Mind's Dilation , and Chancellor of the Spires ? They're a good way to use your opponents' cards against them. I'd highly recommend giving them a try!