Maralen of the Mornsong
Legendary Creature — Elf Wizard
Players can't draw cards.
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player loses 3 life, searches his or her library for a card, puts it into his or her hand, then shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Maralen of the Mornsong Discussion
1 week ago
Oh ok. Lol. Well, since you're switching commanders, I have some more suggestions for you. :)
+1: Bloodgift Demon, Overseer of the Damned, Dictate of Erebos, gravepact, (( + (Super good with Sakura-Tribe Elder btw))), Dark Prophecy, Fecundity, Whip of Erebos, Massacre Wurm, Crypt Ghast, Primal Growth, Gray Merchant of Asphodel.
Now, I have updated my deck
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 3 | 2 COMMENTS | 949 VIEWS
to revolve around STAX (Sacrifice Tax) effects because the recursion with Meren is super easy. If you're interested in that, here are some specific suggestions for it.
+1: Choice of Damnations, Painful Quandary, Descent into Madness, Smokestack, Damping Engine, Tsabo's Web, Mana Web, Ward of Bones, Call to the Grave, Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Possessed Portal, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Mana Web.
With Possessed Portal, it seriously slows or even shuts down people. To get around the not drawing, have cards like Abundance, Necropotence, and Maralen of the Mornsong (This card is especially good if you have Ob Nixilis, Unshackled in play). ;)
1 week ago
And sorry for the triple post.
Maralen of the Mornsong is tier two. I say this because it is an extreme combo deck that goes off turn 3-5 consistently and is less than $10 to buy.
Sygg, River Guide is tier 3, not 4. I say this because sygg is the go-to u/w voltron general. Unblockable and unkillable with having other merfolk for support makes a powerful deck 1v1 or multiplayer.
Ghave is not tier 1. Ghave is a fair deck by most edh standards (infinte or not).
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Maralen of the Mornsong will force opponents to search their libraries, making Archive Trap a sure thing. The problem with the Trap is once opponents see it played, they will be very hesitant to search their library on game 2.
2 weeks ago
Thanks Tluff! I had Exquisite Blood in the deck, but found it too expensive to be reliable. Often, I had to choose between playing a bomb like Congregate and readying a Condemn, or putting Exquisite Blood out.
Since the deck is so reliant on Tainted Remedy, I don't want to enable my opponent to search for their enchantment removal. I've got enough tutors in the deck that I'm consistently getting my board setup by turn 4 at the latest, so I think I can go without Maralen of the Mornsong.
|Power / Toughness||2/3|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Platinum Emperion
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Mindlock Orb
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Stranglehold
- Aven Mindcensor + Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Necropotence
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Leonin Arbiter + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Isochron Scepter + Maralen of the Mornsong + Shadow of Doubt
- Beacon of Tomorrows + Lich + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Shimmer Myr + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Psychogenic Probe