Maralen of the Mornsong
Legendary Creature — Elf Wizard
Players can't draw cards.
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player loses 3 life, searches his or her library for a card, puts it into his or her hand, then shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Maralen of the Mornsong Discussion
1 day ago
6 days ago
"You're not going to have fun playing against it, but secretly you're going to like it."
Is the most accurate description of Maralen of the Mornsong there is.
1 week ago
maybe include Maralen of the Mornsong to have some synergy with your commander
2 weeks ago
It's all good!
CollinZZ -- Maralen and Ob would be the peanut butter and jelly of a Demon/Elf Covenant. They make 100% sense. Unfortunately, like you said, she's off theme. She forces tutor, something I want to avoid in this deck. I am already slowing the game down enough without forcing a shuffle at the beginning of every turn (and I'd like to get to keep playing this one). Also, Maralen of the Mornsong would be the only one of thirteen creatures that has to sit passively instead of punch face when she lands. Also, she's not a demon, and this is a tribute deck. Regardless of how evil she is, she's the enemy. And Ob will take her peanut butter entrails and devour them. Teaspoon full at a time. For years.
I actually almost talked myself into including her anyways. Those horns.
In any case, I do have her sleeved up. And there is a version of this build that cuts the demon count and creature based hate and includes orbs, webs, Maralen, tutors, more land destruction... it's the only way I can occasionally get a win in against the multi-thousand dollar combo and control decks at my LGS.
rob_shifflett -- While I won't be cutting either due to the insane synergy they have with (i.e. against) the workplace meta this build usually faces, I'd also like to know why CollinZZ thinks I should use one of those two in particular to free a spot for Maralen. But knowing other metas (like my LGS), Archfiend of Depravity is nothing more than a 5/4 flyer against high dollar combo decks that only need two cards on the field for a wincon. He is conditionally useful against the one or two opponents who use creatures like Crypt Ghast or mana dorks for ramp or anyone who gets careless with leaving too many ETB creatures on the board with a Roon deck. And as much as I love Lord of the Void, he is one of the creatures I occasionally opt out for more control/stax in competitive games. While getting to yank emrakul out of someone's graveyard is super fun, there are some decks I face where I have to be careful not to help them delve/dredge/reanimate to much.
And CollinZZ -- I'd love to get some more details on your suggestion (aside from the Maralen angle, she has to stay out of this version regardless of how good as she would be in it)
2 weeks ago
This is such an amazing deck. I have been trying to make an ob nixilis EDH deck for a long time now. This list is great but I would take out Archfiend of Depravity and put in Maralen of the Mornsong. With nixilis she is such an amazing beater. I know that she doesn't fit your theme but I think she would be worth it and its fun to look through your deck for cards too. THX
2 weeks ago
: Thrumming Stone puts all cards that aren't cast using ripple on the bottom of your library, which means that I will have 35 or so swamps in my deck after the stone has synergised with the rats. Also, Maralen of the Mornsong shuts down any sort of mill (including self-mill) as players can't draw cards. From an empty library or otherwise.
2 weeks ago
You want things that force your opponent to search their library. Things like Maralen of the Mornsong. Lands like Ghost Quarter. You could also use something like Darksteel Plate as additional protection for your commander.
|Power / Toughness||2/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.38|
|Avg. cube pick||13.45|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Mindlock Orb
- Beacon of Tomorrows + Lich + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Stranglehold
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Exquisite Blood + Maralen of the Mornsong + Sanguine Bond
- Hex Parasite + Maralen of the Mornsong + Soul Conduit
- Archive Trap + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Archive Trap + Bloodchief Ascension + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Shimmer Myr + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Necropotence
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled + Sorin Markov + Maralen of the Mornsong
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Platinum Emperion
- Aven Mindcensor + Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- Isochron Scepter + Maralen of the Mornsong + Shadow of Doubt
- Maralen of the Mornsong + Ob Nixilis, Unshackled + Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Liliana's Specter + Maralen of the Mornsong