Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
Draw three cards.
|Want (6)||Suicune , BaconTrail , PyreCracker , CyberRamos , cole_scholtz , Etinifni|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Treasure Cruise occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
UR (Izzet): 0.76%
Treasure Cruise Discussion
20 hours ago
I have a few suggestions, if you're interested:
Your rocks could use improvement. I've never been a fan of Primal Amulet Flip, if only because it's 4 mana and needs time to flip. You'd probably be better off running something like Talisman of Progress or even just Fellwar Stone. My inclination would be to run a bunch of two-drop rocks, since they'll let you cast your general turn three.
2 days ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
3 days ago
Vampire of the Dire Moon doesn't seem like it fits in this deck.
4 days ago
Yo philkillpro appreciate your insight.
This deck is built towards cEDH match ups, yes it does mainly require my commander to win because Nivvie himself is a two card combo with any of the Curiosity effects. It is supposed to be slow, we are a control combo deck, we are not rushing to win asap, it's built to out tempo and control the boardstate.
In regards to Mystic Confluence it comes in and out of the deck, the same can be said for Cryptic Command, Dig Through Time, and Treasure Cruise. It all depends on my current meta and how much it interacts with the game. Yes having triple pips on blue and red in the casting cost of the commander is a downside however Nivvie negates it by not being able to be countered as well as netting at least one card draw before anything happens to Niv. I also would like to think that I do have enough sources for mana as I have 10 extra ways of producing color mana aside from my lands. In the part of also for Mana Drain and Sol Ring, they are damn good cards. It's not used for casting Nivvie faster as I mentioned earlier above, it's to out tempo your opponents. Not to mention there are certain tricks you can do like for example using Frantic Search with the excess colorless mana to untap your lands to accelerate into Nivvie faster.
As to Wayfarer's Bauble, Spell Swindle, and Lightning Greaves. The latter is a maybe, you don't want to tap out in a flash hulk meta but it does ramp so I'll take it into consideration. Spell Swindle is too slow and chances are Swindle itself will get countered, free cast spells are your best bet. For the former, our combo itself relies on having enchanted Nivvie with a Curiosity effect, with the low creature count we have, chances are there is no other creatures to equip when we decide to enchant Nivvie making it no bueno to give Nivvie Shroud.
For Mizzix it does no good in this current build and the casting cost is too high. Thanks again for your insight~
1 week ago
If you're looking for budget options, you could replace Thoughtseize with Duress, Specter's Shriek, Despise, Harsh Scrutiny, Agonizing Remorse, or Divest. Even Brain Maggot or Kitesail Freebooter would work. Those also work as replacements for Thought Erasure. Dig Through Time can be replaced with Treasure Cruise or Drawn from Dreams. Fatal Push could be swapped for Murderous Cut, Doom Blade, Cast Down, Ultimate Price.
For the lands, you can always run cards like Dismal Backwater, Dimir Guildgate, or Submerged Boneyard to replace some of the pricier dual lands and Evolving Wilds or Warped Landscape to take care of Fabled Passage.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I think that Phoenix of Ash could be a very nice additional threat, but it plays a different role in the deck than Ox of Agonas, since this one is more like a Treasure Cruise that you can toss to the gy just like an Arclight Phoenix.
I'm not so convinced with Storm's Wrath, since it f's my planeswalkers too (and I'm boarding quite a few). Anyway, I'll try the phoenix.