|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , maR2307 , xXThormentXx , sonnet666 , TehDelta , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , darthnuchi , ibraJG84 , ironax , dplerner , Mousemke , Benniator , bakeraj4 , TheRealPeaches , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , MoJoMiXuP , dbp512 , SirCorey , rockleemyhero , perrin515|
|Want (2)||Zomgasa , mlouden03|
Treasure Cruise Discussion
2 days ago
Just a curiosity I came across when I was looking through the list. I've been building and tuning a Mizzix deck for casual play for a couple months and I've had Treasure Cruise sense the beginning. Why is it not here? X draw spells just better?
2 days ago
Since you fill your own graveyard too with Ghoulcaller's Bell, you could play cards like Treasure Cruise, instead of Ponder. You could easily draw 3 cards for 1 mana instead of look 3 cards, choose 1 and put 2 back. Also, Brainstorm would probably be better, since you draw 3 cards (which trigger Jace's Erasure 3 times) and you put 2 back on your library, so you doesn't mill yourself! (Dream Cache as the same effect, more or less)
I don't think you need black to discard. Well, you can, but I would probably not do it.
Tbh, I would concentrate on Jace's Erasure mechanic, drawing much cards while milling the opponent. You can, then, play control cards like counter spells and things like that, to prevent your opponent to play anything. (If you go with this stragety, I would probably prefer Fraying Sanity as a noble)
1 week ago
, I've thought on Treasure Cruise quite a bit. It's hard for me to like a spell that only gets real value when I exile at least 5 cards from my graveyard. Early game I really wouldn't want to draw it, it'd be a dead card in my hand. I don't like having spells that are like that.
I also don't want to exile any instants, sorceries, or artifacts from my graveyard because I can recur all of that. I'll make an exception for Dig Through Time because it's instant speed and gets me preposterously deep into my library with rebound.
Cruise on the other hand just draws cards, it's functionally no better than Concentrate. What with having a few ways to reduce the cost of spells in my deck, I would want to run Concentrate over Cruise, cause the former has no downside.
1 week ago
On the topic of lands to ramp, a general rule of thumb is to have around 50 mana sources in the deck including lands and ramp. In this deck in particular I would suggest closer to 53 or 54.
To make room for more ramp, I would cut Megantic Sliver, Battle Sliver, Dictate of Kruphix, Spellbook, Transguild Promenade, and Courser of Kruphix. Cards I would add are Birds of Paradise, Simic Signet, Golgari Signet, Manaweft Sliver, and Gruul Signet.
I would also add a little more card draw/selection. Some of the best of these are Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. Delve in general is a very powerful mechanic. I would cut Comeuppance and Thorncaster Sliver for both.
1 week ago
Just in general though you want to have a couple more mana rocks because they are just good in general. I don't know what your budget is like but here is a link to all the mana rocks for EDH
The token based wincon and the dragonstorm isn't really the best "wincon" so to say. Of course it is up to you and if you find this to be really entertaining. A more competitive deck would use something like Aetherflux Reservoir and cast their entire deck but oh well.
Here are some cards you need that are also relatively cheap and very good.
basically you have a lot of cards in your deck that are like second tier cards I am not sure if you are going for flavor victory.
What is generally the case is that winning through combat is bad in EDH because you often need to setup for an extra turn and you might get completely wiped. In EDH if is pretty hard to win without using an infinite combo to kill everyone at the same time. You will also be viewed as a threat if you have a bunch of shit on the board. You have a lot of very expensive creatures in your deck that don't immediately win you the game. When you cast something that is like 8 mana the hope is that you win with that card.
You should look at some other people's mizzix decks it will give you an idea of how people play commander. I don't know if many will be that great on this site but oh well.
2 weeks ago
So this will be the same as my above comment. Anything I mention here does not mean that they are bad cards, rather I personally think they are less efficient for your deck's goals and strategies.
These are some cards I would look into cutting/replacing: Show
- Personally, I'm not huge on this card. Two 5/5 flyers is okay for blocking, but with all the control this deck puts out it doesn't really matter if you have chumps in the air. Plus, losing land drops/mana means casting less things, which is never good.
- All are good cards, but lose their strength when you don't have Mizzix out. Additionally, they aren't hard counters. Meaning that if your opponent does have the mana to sink into it, you're out of luck. Swan Song, Red Elemental Blast, and/or Pyroblast could be good replacements.
- I know this one seems crazy to take out, but really after you get so many XP counters, getting extra counters doesn't really matter. I see that Tezzeret's Gambit is in the side board, so I would say through that in here instead. That can be free card draw, while also providing Proliferate.
- Additionally, you get no discount on casting this 5 drop. Mystic Remora could also be considered as a replacement for this, because early game that card can essentially be Ancestral Recall in one turn rotation.
- I hate the bounce lands because they set you so far behind tempo. I honestly think running 36 lands will be fine for this deck, so I recommend cutting this in favor of one of the cheap draw cards (which help land drop consistency).
- This is alright, but without the Mizzix discount this is pretty pricy to draw a card and deal some amount of damage. It has a high ceiling of dealing a chunk of damage, but it can definitely be a dead card sometimes.
- Not a bad card, but Diminishing Returns is probably a better card overall, so I'd say just swap these out.
- You will most likely hit the Spell Mastery, but I hate how it is an X spell that has to be set up in order to not be solely creature removal. I'd say take this out for Pyroblast or Red Elemental Blast, in my opinion.
- This can be a huge whiff, and the lack of control you have over the kind of deck your opponent plays/what is in their graveyard makes this too unreliable. Your play group may make this card playable, so in that case keep it. If not, it might be too expensive CMC-wise to justify the variance this card has.
- I know that this is essentially Ancestral Recall, but I think that Dig Through Time is the better card between the two because of its instant speed. It gives you more cards insight for better selection as well.
- Similar to Pull from the Deep, just having Diminishing Returns in here replaced the need for both of these cards.
- I've never been to huge on this card, and really you only need so much, if any, redirection in your deck. You have cheaper (granted, less powerful) redirection in this deck, so I would recommend just swapping this specific one out for Fuel for the Cause. More Proliferate and more counter magic is always good.
I won't suggest any more until you see these and gauge whether or not these would be good cuts and replacements. I know there is more you could do if you wanted to, so let's just see what you think so far before we get too crazy here! Haha. Keep me updated on what you're thinking, man! Always enjoy helping other players.
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I saw your Reddit post asking for help, so I decided to leave a comment here because I like T/O comment syntax better. In any case, I would probably focus more on your control and voltron themes, and cut out cards that don't help either of those plans (mainly the Wizard subtheme, I'd stick to just 2 plans).
- Azami, Lady of Scrolls
- Sea Gate Oracle
- Sower of Temptation
- Taigam, Ojutai Master
- Venser, Shaper Savant
- Supreme Will
- Treasure Cruise
- Darksteel Mutation
- Mammoth Umbra
- Dragonlord's Prerogative
- Silumgar's Scorn
- Disdainful Stroke
- Nimble Obstructionist
- Mystic Remora
- As Foretold
- Supreme Verdict
- Enlightened Tutor
- Reality Shift
- Sphinx's Revelation
- Unexpectedly Absent
- Path to Exile
Hope this helps!