|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , maR2307 , xXThormentXx , sonnet666 , TehDelta , Daddy1ong1egs13 , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , darthnuchi , ibraJG84 , ironax , dplerner , Mousemke , TheRealPeaches , bakeraj4 , Benniator , Sparky41 , saj0219 , rockleemyhero , pskinn01 , MoJoMiXuP , perrin515|
|Want (2)||Zomgasa , mlouden03|
Treasure Cruise Discussion
20 hours ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 week ago
Also in case you are unaware, Day's Undoing will not grant you any insect tokens. This is because it ends the turn as a part of the effect. Though your commander's effect will trigger and go on the stack, it will need to wait until Day's completely resolves before it's effect can do the same. However, the "End Your Turn" effect will remove all spells and ability triggers from the stack. However, since it does not end the turn on your opponent's turns you could bypass this by adding cards like Quicken, Leyline of Anticipation, and Vedalken Orrery.
1 week ago
Dire Undercurrents was actually considered briefly simply because Wydwen, the Biting Gale can return herself to hand to be cast and trigger it repeatedly. In the long run, however, it was too mana intensive in two different ways.
First of all, this is primarily a control deck, so I'm trying to keep the curve very low. There are very very few things that cost more then 3 that don't have flash. In fact, the only things are Puppeteer Clique, and Treasure Cruise, although the later doesn't really count because it can be made significantly cheaper.
Secondly, after Undercurrents has resolved, paying a total of 6 mana and 1 life just to draw one card and make an opponent discard one card is usually not good enough. Even if I can repeat it and do it at instant speed.
Imprisoned in the Moon isn't a bad idea though. While I have creature removal covered decently, and can kill planeswalkers with Fae punches, I don't really have much in the way of land removal. On top of that it's just very versatile overall.
+1 Imprisoned in the moon
-1 Puppeteer Clique
Awww yeh. Lowering that curve. Don't really care about the reanimation anyways.
2 weeks ago
@Pachuca While I don't think Arcanis the Omnipotent is a bad choice, I think it fills a role more like Consecrated Sphinx in that it doesn't draw you cards on the first turn you hard cast it and it's likely going to cost a lot more than Treasure Cruise. The reason I prefer Consecrated Sphinx is that it costs one less blue (my mana base is sometimes restrictive) and it can draw you control options before your next turn. It also calls for a response sooner than Arcanis the Omnipotent does. In a slower environment or in 1v1 games, Arcanis the Omnipotent might be more value, but it'd probably still be worth running other card advantage options as well.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I think a deck with all the charms in it is an awesome idea. Ramos is an amazing commander as well.
Naturalize seems redundant as you have a bunch of charms to get rid of artifacts and enchantments.
Maelstrom Archangel is good but underwhelming as you have very few cards with CMC 6 or higher.
Harmonize is great for decks that don't have blue. However, you do have blue. so I recommend you take advantage of that and run some of the amazing blue card draw spells since you will have tons of mana. There are a bunch of budget options as well. These include but are not limited to: Foresee, Rush of Knowledge, Intellectual Offering (mostly for all the signets getting to untap), Treasure Cruise, plenty of others as well.
Dark Ritual seems very weak in this deck. Your running 5 colors for one so three black doesn't help a lot. Plus with Ramos, you will generate a lot of mana if you replace it with something that has more colors.
The deck seems to be lacking ways to abuse Ramos' ability or to even win for that matter. Door to Nothingness is perfect for Ramos, but if it's your only (or at least MAIN) way of winning then you should add in whatever tutors you can afford to make sure you get it. Having that much mana available means you should consider adding in some big beaters and high costing spells. Insurrection, Exsanguinate, Time Stretch, Army of the Damned, and any of the big Eldrazi are some of my favorite high-cost cards to play.
overall a very cool deck with a ton of answers to your opponents but seems left with very little in terms of winning. I would recommend adding higher CMC cards that have brutal or game-winning effects, then use Ramos, Maelstrom Archangel or even all your mana rocks to cast them fast.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
No Treasure Cruise? I think it would fit perfectly in here!