|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dig Through Time
Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
Look at the top seven cards of your library. Put two of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (47)||perrin515 , Skulldrey , Dr.Jackel , NOGzFTW , essex0619 , Roadhog , xXThormentXx , TrackerD , Ellyreia , hippienproud , Paradise_Collectibles , EnividWodahs , Nemesis , FoamEagle , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , Riders_of_Brohan , cryptoplasm , Brandamn , RedMulligan , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , ibraJG84 , VGJustice , ironax , Justinaut , brokendwarf , Sparky41 , gosora , DudeMan1031 , Cyrk , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , Benniator , MattN7498 , saj0219 , Vasbear1 , kpral , meowCat1234 , PTsmitty , Wolfebladeelite , vashaclarens , YossarianLives , jrschnoebelen|
|Want (2)||TheDuggernaught , mlouden03|
Dig Through Time Discussion
1 day ago
Im playing with this deck for some time now and I have to say that I really love it. Ive played with Hulkweaver version of the partners before, but I find this faster, more combo-oriented and less staxy playstyle more suitable for me.
That being said, I have some remarks. Tbh I find both rituals being quite underwhelming. The more staxy meta becomes, the more useless they become and when decks like bloodpod are in their prime time with cards like Thalia and co. I find that sometimes the rituals are just dead on spot. What do you think about them? I plan to test Dig Through Time and Preordain or Snapcaster Mage in their spot. I feel like with all the fetches, cantrips and cheap dorks which tend to die a lot, its quite a decent shell for Dig. Its true the card is kinda slow but its the best pure CA for 2 mana in the format period. Preordain in close to being another ponder and I just like possibilities that are given by Snapcaster.
Pls, let me know how do you feel about my remarks. Best regards :).
3 weeks ago
Perhaps a few of these might be worth testing in this deck Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, Rapid Hybridization, Reality Shift, Curse of the Swine, Sleight of Hand, and Peer Through Depths.
4 weeks ago
Your reasoning is excellent. You have convinced me to give Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise a try. They are going to replace Dissipate and Fact or Fiction. As for Elixir, I think you are right there too. I will get Thran Dynamo in to replace it.
I wish I could come by snow-covered lands, but I cannot. My friends will not trade me any because they have none to spare. If others benefit from the Lens because of this, I do not mind (that much). Like you said, this is a casual game anyways.
Maybe I will add Trinket Mage too at some point, but not at this time.
4 weeks ago
Expropriate, Blatant Thievery, Commandeer, and Gather Specimens are all some nice cards that play into this strategy. Also delve spells are fairly good with this commander as well since the "die" clause of its effect can only trigger it you allow it to go to your graveyard which would prevent you from recasting it. However if you use these Dig Through Time, Logic Knot, and Treasure Cruise you can remove it from your graveyard and put it back into your command zone. Relic of Progenitus would also serve a similar purpose, as well as giving you the ability to hate out graveyard based decks. Also since you are already running four other 1 cost artifacts you could consider Trinket Mage.
1 month ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 month ago
1 month ago
Ways to find your combo cards: Fabricate, Whir of Invention, Thirst for Knowledge, Lim-Dul's Vault, Demonic Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Trinket Mage, Treasure Mage, Dig Through Time, Sphinx's Revelation, Ponder, Preordain, any Tezzeret walker.
Protection/Help: Scourglass, Roar of Reclamation, Merciless Eviction, Cyclonic Rift, Stoic Rebuttal, Supreme Verdict, Defense Grid, Orim's Chant is cool on Isochron, and also can be used as a way to make sure your last combo piece isn't countered/messed with before you combo.