|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas||None|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Shaman
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
Lifelink (Damage dealt by this creature also causes you to gain that much life.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||ironax , Mousemke , acbooster , NostalgicAce , DudeMan1031 , ericalt91 , sonnet666 , Axtel , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Venser_the_Sojoner , twospires , DrLitebur , PTsmitty , Falte , MoJoMiXuP , , Friedrice24 , CampbellStev , dplerner , Sparky41 , MattN7498 , rakdos24 , Regulus1010 , hardhitta71194|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , moonknights01|
Vampire Nighthawk Discussion
5 hours ago
DrkNinja Appreciate the suggestion, I'd love Sorin Markov for the deck, he's just a tad too pricey at the moment with all mt EDH projects going on. However, I'll add him in as soon as I have the funding for him!
I agree with Blood Baron tbh, he's in a similar boat as with Vampire Nighthawk and other vamps that were suggested for this deck. He's situational, as you said. The only problem is I don't know exactly what to add except some cards from Ixalan that aren't out just yet (The bishop one). As soon as we get more vamps in Ixalan, there's gonna be some major facelifts for this deck!
Thanks for the advice!
15 hours ago
If you're going with a Vampire tribal theme, you should try to go as deep as possible. Adaptive Automaton, Bloodline Keeper Flip, Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, Stromkirk Captain, Vampire Nocturnus, Metallic Mimic, and Malakir Bloodwitch all do work in my Vampire tribal deck. If you feel like you can't fit in so many vampire creatures, you could try Mephidross Vampire as a way to compensate.
Some of the vampires out there provide a boost to lifegain/drain such as the aforementioned Malakir Bloodwitch, but also Blood Artist, Falkenrath Noble, Vampire Nighthawk, Sangromancer, and Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter. Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet is also strong grave hate.
Also, some additional utility would be good, like Bastion Protector, Rakdos Charm, Viscera Seer, Necropotence, Hide/Seek, Terminate... You might even want to consider Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Erebos, God of the Dead, considering all the black mana symbols floating around.
1 day ago
Nice, I've been looking for a good alteration to the Vampire Commander deck! Looks interesting.
I really feel like Vampire Nighthawk, Gifted Aetherborn and Stensia Masquerade deserve a place in any Vampire deck, although I can see that's not the focus of your deck. Growing first strike deathtouchers are always funny, though. The 'counters on player damage'-effect stacks with Drana so it gets out of control real fast.
1 day ago
Thanks for the Suggestions. I'm still trying to decide if I want this to be more tribal treefolk, or just good creatures with high toughness. I'm leaning towards the latter. Wall of Junk is definitely legal but has been errata'ed to be a wall and have defender. Grizzled Leotau is fantastic for the mana cost, but might be a little vanilla. I'm just adding Aerial Responder and Vampire Nighthawk
2 days ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
3 days ago
Cavern of Souls is probably the best tribal land out there but since this a budget deck I've chosen to leave it out. Fatal Push is the best removal for black, no argument there, but again same thing, budget.
4 days ago
I like it. Simple. Straight forward. Vampire Nighthawk is an absolute beast!
4 days ago
Oh ya, i meant Eldritch Evolution. It was the only reason i had green splashed in the deck. Eat a 2 drop on turn 3 to put my wincon on the battlefield, why not? Worked really well when I just couldn't draw a Vampire Nocturnus, I would just hunt it down. You're totally right, a third color splash is just harsh sometimes and it makes the manabase a little too awkward. Are Call the Bloodline and Heir of Falkenrath Flip your only discard outlets here? Vampire Nighthawk is one of my all time favorite cards, and probably my favorite creature, but sadly he doesn't work well with others as a 3 drop and doesn't do any boosting. He really is a stand alone guy and you may be able to put something better in there for him. Maybe the 4th denizen or 3rd aristocrat?