Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.75||$1.19||$1.93||$2.72||0.05 TIX||0.08 TIX|
|Have (44)||sonnet666 , philktoken8998 , ducttapedeckbox , DesmondHawk , HavokX , sweetaction , rakdos24 , PTsmitty , webdokkeren , GeminiSpartanX , greycross , GoldGhost012 , Regulus1010 , trness , calaw00 , DrLitebur , Fairseas , hydradia , ManOfTroy , metljoe , zachi , 8vomit , Comicalflop , MUTEDM1ND , rexxxif , CampbellStev , Loxtail , Sckeetch , x754 , Gigglebox , Jay , The Doctor , Death_The_Kid , jimykid86 , insertcleverid , nutellaisgreaterthanlife , Heffrum , hash-brown , cortexjackal , AzulHunter , StevenPJobs , Gameover209X , apailhorseneameddeath , PreZchoICE1|
|Want (2)||deathcabbage7 , cortexjackal|
Vampire Nighthawk Discussion
14 hours ago
I also have a BW lifegain/drain deck (although it's not on Tappedout) and I can suggest you this:
- Soul Warden or Suture Priest might be good additions to your deck and are better than Soulmender.
- Brave the Sands can work well with Souls of the Faultless and Vampire Nighthawk.
- Felidar Sovereign should be in your mainboard. It's a little slow to put into play, but it's a strong and consistent card.
- Boon Reflection might not be needed since you already have the beacon and Rhox Faithmender.
- Nowadays, Serra Avatar isn't the "bomb" that used to be. You should remove it.
- Blind Obedience might be a good card to have.
1 day ago
What about Vampire Nighthawk Flying and Deathtouch and lifelink
2 days ago
Well if anything Grand Abolisher can replace Elvish Piper, Hornet Queen, Phyrexian Delver or Vampire Nighthawk. If your also looking for protection on your combos during your turn, Dragonlord Dromoka is an amazing utility card which you can chain into with Birthing Pod.
Return to Dust is great if you can get a hold of it, which is very viable since it got reprinted in Modern Masters 2015, you can most likely replace End Hostilities with it. Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile is a stable that should be run in almost every deck that splashes with white.
I used to run Crux of Fate but with some of the other people in my meta running dragons and Scion of the Ur-Dragon decks, its not viable for me to run it so it's more of a meta call should you choose to run it. (Its a great card though!)
2 days ago
Hello Apathy-Dance! Typically, Grixis (Red-Blue-Black) plays a very controlling role. offers counterspells while and offer the best creature and artifact removal. You already seem to have a good start for removal with cards like Lightning Bolt, Doom Blade and Tragic Slip. I would consider adding Terminate as well. I would definitely try to add some counterspells in like Mana Leak - it can stop your opponent on the early turns and is quite cheap.
You may also want to look into including some wrath effects (those that clear the board). In your colors you can find Anger of the Gods, Infest or Slagstorm. This will help you survive against aggressive decks.
Another card worth looking at is Rakdos Charm. It is a highly versatile card that serves as either artifact removal, graveyard hate (in case your opponent is using their graveyard) and can kill your opponent if they have enough creatures on the board.
You then need some creatures to win the game with. In your colors there are some really cool vampires that work very well in a control deck such as Vampire Nighthawk and Olivia Voldaren. Plus, both of those creatures will survive an Infest if you play it.
Finally, you may want to include some discard spells like Duress, Despise or Appetite for Brains (if you're playing against decks that play higher costed cards). These sorts of effects can help you disrupt your opponents if they are attempting to assemble a combo.
+1 Good luck and let me know if I can answer any questions or give more advice :)
2 days ago
Insane burn matchup? I'm all ears!
Well I have a few things to say on this deck: 1) Remand is pretty awesome combined with targeted discard. Its like a cantrip removal that removes EVERYTHING, any permanent with any abilities.
4x Inquisition of Kozilek and 4x Vampire Nighthawk dont make the burn matchup "insane", just slightly more managable. Nighthawk dies to a simple burn spells just like anything other small creature. And Inquisition is bad against a large number of other matchups like twin, tron or scapeshift.
Delver wants to race to the end as fast as possible. Targeted sicard does the exact opposite. I built my own version of grixis delver, Bloody Singleminded (Competitive), and it turned out to be a midrange deck rather than early game. So the discard fits with mine.
you are not running the best delve enabler, Gitaxian Probe (i suspect because of the life loss?). Its still worth it.
4x Lightning Bolt is mandatory, in every competitive tempo deck.
2 days ago
Discard is incredibly bad in Delver. It actually sets you behind in a tempo deck, which is what Delver is. I'd -4 Inquisition of Kozilek -3 Countersquall for +1 Lightning Bolt +4 Gitaxian Probe +3 Remand. Also, Vampire Nighthawk is just worse than Young Pyromancer, I recommend swapping them. Oh, and -1 Terminate +1 Murderous Cut.
2 days ago
I have to agree with VampireArm and I'd also suggest B/W Tokens. Soul Sisters is more of a combo deck, while Tokens is more aggro/value. Deck lists here:
Part of the issue with your current list is that you have too many creatures that just die to Lightning Bolt and its partner, Snapcaster Mage. Spending 3 mana on a Vampire Nighthawk is really bad if your opponent can just spend 1 mana and immediately kill it with no other downsides.
A conventional rule for Modern is that if a creature costs more than 1 mana, it needs to either have 4 or more toughness (Deceiver Exarch, Restoration Angel, Tarmogoyf); OR do something amazing/have impact to the board state (Reveillark, Scavenging Ooze, Ranger of Eos); OR it should be resilient (Geist of Saint Traft, Kitchen Finks, Vengevine).
3 days ago
Thanks for the quick response and suggestions. Burn and Abzan are both quite common in my local meta and I like that this list is a lot stronger against them than more traditional lists. I am going to try your idea, have a traditional mana base so I can transition to a traditional build and because the cards that you are running that differ from traditional builds (Vampire Nighthawk, Inquisition of Kozilek, etc) are either quite cheap or I already own them it should be easy to test.
|Power / Toughness||2/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.84|
|Avg. cube pick||5.72|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- Stromkirk Captain + Vampire Nighthawk
- Blade of the Bloodchief + Bloodghast + Vampire Nighthawk
- Lashwrithe + Vampire Nighthawk
- Sorin Markov + Vampire Nighthawk + Whip of Erebos
- Vampire Nighthawk + Runechanter's Pike
- Midnight Charm + Vampire Nighthawk
- Runechanter's Pike + Vampire Nighthawk
- Captivating Vampire + Stromkirk Captain + Vampire Nighthawk
- Captivating Vampire + Vampire Nighthawk + Vampire Nocturnus
- Silverblade Paladin + Vampire Nighthawk
- Sunbond + Vampire Nighthawk
- Death's Shadow + Vampire Nighthawk
- Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow
- Blood Artist + Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow
- Jace, Memory Adept + Vampire Nighthawk
- Scavenging Ooze + Vampire Nighthawk + Sylvok Lifestaff
- Scavenging Ooze + Vampire Nighthawk
- Lotleth Troll + Scavenging Ooze + Vampire Nighthawk
- Death's Shadow + Vampire Nighthawk + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Thornbite Staff + Vampire Nighthawk
- Sanguine Bond + Vampire Nighthawk
- Bloodghast + Vampire Hexmage + Vampire Nighthawk
- Sword of Light and Shadow + Vampire Nighthawk
- Soulflayer + Vampire Nighthawk
- Child of Night + Vampire Nighthawk + Wall of Limbs
- Godsend + Vampire Nighthawk
- Nighthowler + Vampire Nighthawk
- Molting Snakeskin + Vampire Nighthawk
- Blade of the Bloodchief + Vampire Nighthawk
- Double Cleave + Rakish Heir + Vampire Nighthawk
- Trepanation Blade + Vampire Nighthawk
- Chariot of Victory + Vampire Nighthawk
- Gatekeeper of Malakir + Vampire Hexmage + Vampire Nighthawk
- Desecration Demon + Pack Rat + Vampire Nighthawk
- Pack Rat + Phyrexian Obliterator + Vampire Nighthawk
- Pack Rat + Perilous Myr + Vampire Nighthawk
- Lashwrithe + Perilous Myr + Vampire Nighthawk
- Ajani's Presence + Stave Off + Vampire Nighthawk
- Thornbite Staff + Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow