|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Each player discards his or her hand, then draws cards equal to the greatest number a player discarded this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||ZombieFood , Crimson6 , Daddy1ong1egs13 , frederiklw , TheRealPeaches , LTmiller , Sparky41 , MoJoMiXuP|
|Want (3)||Ariumlegion , moonmonster , TheBl0b|
15 hours ago
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to be able to make that work the way you want to.
First off, it's worth pointing out that if a player would draw a card from an empty library, they lose then and there - not at their next draw step.
The issue is that at the time of resolution of Windfall, you will need to have enough cards in your hand to force the player with he most cards still in their library to deck out. However once Windfall actually starts resolving, you can't interrupt the spell mid way through. You would discard, then draw equal to the greatest (which should be you) AND THEN you could do the next thing. This however would make you deck out, ending the game in a draw.
In the above scenario, you could use a replacement effect such as Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar which, like Laboratory Maniac, would stop you from losing the game (in the case of labMan you would win outright) as you never actually "draw" the card.
18 hours ago
1 day ago
enpc - Ya I don't think it exists.. Just figured i'd check with people on here for something fringe I might've missed. There has been many times deck building where I search for cards that synergize together in gatherer, but then i'll be watching something on YouTube and see a card i've never seen before that should've appeared in a gatherer search.
The combo i'm trying to figure out goes drawing all of my library with Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix + Thrasios, Triton Hero with infinite colorless mana, using Windfall, then each other player would loose on thier next turn. So i'm trying to figure out how to shuffle my hand back into library so I don't get milled out. Library of Leng is the closest thing i've found so far, since i'd discard to my library.. But Windfall would just make me draw that many again.
I know it sounds like a convoluted combo, but it really isn't since it comes up quite often with a bunch of wheel effects producing colorless for Kydele.
1 day ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
2 days ago
rob_shifflett Using a "Why didn't you use google" comment is the most dismissive thing you can do. That's why I said that, it wasn't meant to be argumentative, nor disrespectful.. Just pointing out comments that offer no help.
Thanks for checking anyway, as I said, i've been looking for a while myself to no avail.
Your suggestion would work, however the combo involves drawing my entire library, using Windfall, and with Library of Leng in play I'd discard to library. So i'm trying to figure out how to either skip drawing back that many cards with Windfall, or just drawing the cards and shuffling my hand into library.
1 week ago
Again, thanks for the input!
Though this deck does contain counter spells, I wasn't planning on using more than 3-4. These are mostly meant to make the deck slightly more versatile, especially during the early stages of a game. That's why the counter spells in it don't have a CMC above 3. I like all the cards you mention on this front though (Mystic Confluence, Commit / Memory and Wild Ricochet). Rest assured I'm using some of them in other decks (some of which still need to be posted).
I'm using one wheel effect in this deck; Windfall. I included it because I wanted something to complement the sparse battery of counterspells this deck containts. Also, it's a nice, cheap form of disruption I can use early game. Adding more of these effects, ... I dunno. I feel that to get more out of them, I would need to add more cards that would damage players for drawing cards and preferably also for discarding cards. I have a Grixis deck with Nekusar, the Mindrazer as a commander (this deck still needs to be posted), which already does precisely that.
Though Ral Zarek is pretty darn awesome and I happen to own one, I'm not sure I should add him. His primary power does come in handy combined with the creatures that have an activated ability, but other than that he doesn't fit the theme all too well. I'll think him over some more.
When comparing Sanctum and Electromancer, I'd say Sanctum has more abilities (scrying as well) and is harder to remove, whereas Electromancer has a cheaper CMC. As the deck already has plenty of draw and scrying stuff AND it's hard to get started as a blue-red deck (without Mizzix) to begin with, I'd rather have the cheaper Mancer.
Djinn of Infinite Deceits, now there's a card I completely overlooked! I'm definitely going to add him. He'll probably be replacing Erratic Portal; I've not needed it all that often anyway, I got more use out of Cloudstone Curio.
Cultural Exchange could fulfill a similar role as the Djinn, but as a one-off effect and on a larger scale. It would be brilliant if one could cast Reins of Power or Blatant Thievery first and follow it up with this card to take control of a second opponent's creatures. You'd even get your own creatures back by the end of your turn. However, these are the only two situations I'd deem this card to be worth its CMC. If I'd be generating more tokens somehow I would add this card, but since I'm not doing that ...
Guttersnipe has been great. Usually I play three opponents. That means that whenever Snipe is on the field, each instance/sorcery I cast will cause 6 damage (2 per opponent). That doesn't seem like much but it does begin to stack up after a while. As this deck contains 26 such spells AND I can cast Snipe during the early game, I consider it to be too valuable to replace.
2 weeks ago
i would start by cutting both jace, forced fruition, spiteful visions, howling mine, dictate of kruphix all other draw step/upkeep stacking or self-damaging cards
curiosity is a good card on nekusar, but without him its a dead card, so its not really worth it imo cuz nekusar doesnt play like niv mizzet or locust god, in that he is much more discard than those two, plus, if you want to be mean, Glistening Oil does the job of both curiosity and Gratuitous Violence for 2 mana
temple bell goes infinite with Mind over matter but without MoM bell is just another howling mine feed, and with mom you can easily combo off similar to dream halls by untapping lands or mana rocks then casting a wheel and untapping more with unwanted cards
Kami, niv mizzet, and jace's archivist are too slow, since they dont have haste theyre often killed before you can tap them
nekusar is best in that he can kill a whole table with a Windfall so single target or cards like Blue Sun's Zenith or Terminate arent that great in edh when you could be casting a Memory or Evacuation
also, memory jar is amazing here because you can copy it with stuff like Mizzium Transreliquat, Mirage Mirror Copy Artifact and Sculpting Steel plus metamorph and impersonator to draw 7, discard them all to dream halls or mind over matter, then activate the second "jar" to exile the 7 cards in the original hand, which you also discard to avoid exile, this combined with stuff like Bojuka Bog rakdos charm or Leyline of the Void makes your opponent benefit far less from Memory/Time Spiral type cards while you keep getting your cards back while slowly decking them
hope that helps!