Bringer of the Blue Dawn
Creature — Bringer
You may pay (White)(Blue)(Black)(Red)(Green) rather than pay Bringer of the Blue Dawn's mana cost.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may draw two cards.
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Bringer of the Blue Dawn occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Bringer of the Blue Dawn Discussion
5 months ago
I am also a fan of a few of the Bringer creatures that can put in some real work for these big WUBRG decks. Bringer of the Black Dawn will pretty much let you tutor each turn and pick what you draw if he can stay alive and Bringer of the Blue Dawn will get you some additional card draw for staying alive.
5 months ago
What I like about Jodah is that I also have a Jodah deck -- Jodah Has a Few Tricks Up His Sleeve -- that I think is kickass, but using the compare decks feature I see that there's a difference of ~55 cards. It's sweet that he facilitates such a wide variety of decks -- there's no single best way to build it. I run a much lower CMC list, there are some differences simply because I don't have the cards ( Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , Emrakul, the Promised End , Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger ), and I see why you wouldn't want to play Omniscience and Show and Tell .
Anyways, here's a handful of the cards that I run and you don't that I've had good results with:
Bringer of the Black Dawn - paying WUBRG for the Bringers is sweet if Jodah gets removed
Vial Smasher the Fierce - the high CMC of Jodah decks makes Vial Smasher awesome
Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder - adding cascade is great
Teferi's Protection - your primer says you run it but your list doesn't have it
6 months ago
Suggested Cuts and Inclusions
While I tried to make cuts and suggestions relevant (e.g. replace ramp with ramp), many of them are arbitrary. Feel free to ignore or swap with other suggestions!
- Regrowth --> Explosive Vegetation
- Seasons Past --> Kodama's Reach
- Twist Allegiance --> Blazing Archon
- Unexpected Results --> Sunbird's Invocation
- Electrodominance --> Brilliant Ultimatum
- Geistblast --> Baleful Force
- Spell Swindle --> Counterspell
- Stroke of Genius --> Overflowing Insight
- Ice Cave --> Omniscience
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Island --> Battlefield Forge
- Swamp --> Caves of Koilos
- Plains --> Shivan Reef
- Blighted Woodland --> Yavimaya Coast
- Cascading Cataracts --> Llanowar Wastes
- Armillary Sphere --> Swarm Intelligence
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip --> Bringer of the Blue Dawn
- Kaleidostone --> Fierce Empath
- Prismatic Lens --> Whispersilk Cloak
- Dawntreader Elk --> Farseek
- Fertilid --> Search for Tomorrow
- Selvala, Explorer Returned --> In Garruk's Wake
- Sunblast Angel --> Duneblast
- Wildfire Eternal --> Ashen Rider
Other useful inclusions
9 months ago
Oath of Druids is fun in big mana decks.
Not sure what the white bringer does here but Bringer of the Blue Dawn is insane
1 year ago
Bringer of the Green Dawn is fine. I guess...
They are upkeep triggers though so reanimating at sorc speed means they have to stick a whole turn. So while I like them I don't know if you want them for this.
1 year ago
A few cards worth adding...
- Crystal Quarry
- Cascading Cataracts
- Prismatic Geoscope
- Bringer of the Black Dawn/Bringer of the Blue Dawn
- Baneful Omen/Twilight Prophet
- Ramos, Dragon Engine
- Painful Truths
Cards I think you should consider cutting...
1 year ago
Why don't you play all the bringer such as Bringer of the Blue Dawn so you an get 5 counters?
1 year ago
What if the Bringer cycle had been legendary?
Myself and three friends are going to find out in this week's match of our League. I am tied for last with my current rival. With the other two 3 points ahead. I was stuck with the Bringer of the Red Dawn.
As this is the ninth game, I am suffering deckbuilders fatigue. I am lacking inspiration for this deck. Maybe Aggravated Assaults, Threatens and Goblin Bombardments(free sacrifice outlets). What would you do with Bringer of the Red Dawn as your commander?
My rival has Bringer of the Blue Dawn. He is a Nekusar Main, so I assume he will go that route. With heavy emphasis on mass discard.
Bringer of the Black Dawn was left out for obvious reasons.