|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Bident of Thassa
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
, : Creatures your opponents control attack this turn if able.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (44)||Famicomania , pskinn01 , Cyrk , The_Munchkin , , dbp512 , Skydra2 , Myllyes314 , lolpatrol , Reliva , TheBl0b , , philktoken8998 , mziter501 , Hakira , saj0219 , ShishkyBob , MattN7498 , CastleSiege , rockleemyhero , the.beanpole , Psycheretic , gildan_bladeborn , _raeofsunlight , redlegs_17 , REV666 , ZombieFood , Lindough , Antiat , voidruby , , KipIsKosher , zachi , plof , Friedrice24 , kaikaitanner , joshw335 , thetechzombie , Supremespeed , JeremyTheMiner , Va1mar , angesoir , DudeMan1031 , bradyofportdetroit|
Bident of Thassa Discussion
1 hour ago
Needs more Infect my man, Grafted Exoskeleton should do the trick. Corrupted Conscience is also good, especially when your opponent has a 10/10+, although you can just put it on a Bane of Progress to blow someone out immediately. And let's not forget Blight Mamba which is literally just an infect snake.
1 day ago
Cards that I run in my LG deck: Bident of Thassa to make someone attack into locust chumps, which double on your turn.
Nin, the Pain Artist is only ok for targeted removal but can also turn one locust into many.
I also use the artifacts mentioned above, including Dreamstone Hedron.
2 days ago
Hello all! I'm looking to build a deck that forces everyone to attack me, then punishes them with cards like Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs.
The problem is I don't have nearly enough cards.
For cards that force people to attack, I have Trove of Temptation, Fumiko the Lowblood, Boros Battleshaper (kind of), Bident of Thassa, and Alluring Siren. Also Hellraiser Goblin, since I plan on the commander being Zedruu the Greathearted
And yes, while cards like Crown of Doom, Gahiji, Honored One, and Assault Suit seem great, I want people to attack me. But it only really works if there are more cards like Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs that then punishes them for attacking me.
2 days ago
1 week ago
Yeah, I have some ideas. There are a tons of ways you could do it, I'm just going to list a few. Merfolk is too vast to cover here.
I was going to suggest this card, but now i see it is a merfolk which makes it better: Vorel of the Hull Clade. It is worded strangely, but it effectively doubles the counters on the items listed. This would go well with your commander.
Also consider some of these merfolk. Deepchannel Mentor, Fallowsage, Master of the Pearl Trident, Master of Waves, Merfolk Sovereign, Merrow Harbinger, Merrow Reejerey, Silvergill Adept, Silvergill Douser, Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Tidebinder Mage, True-Name Nemesis, Wake Thrasher, and Wanderwine Prophets.
1 week ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
2 weeks ago
Coastal Piracy and Bident of Thassa would be great, not to mention Thassa, God of the Sea herself. Another nice interaction Ive found is Captain's Hook and Captivating Crew. Steal their fatty, equip/ attack, unequip and their fatty dies