|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Kessig Wolf Run
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Target creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
Kessig Wolf Run Discussion
2 days ago
Hey, nice budget version of Xenagos.
Budget card upgrades to consider:
- Greater Good > Colossal Majesty
- Genesis > Moldgraf Monstrosity
Genesis can be repeatable creature recursion, good with Ghalta and Greater Good .
- Somberwald Sage > Zhur-Taa Druid
Sage is good ramp for creature strategies.
- Woodfall Primus > Carnage Tyrant
Primus also has trample and it can destroy a noncreature permanent when it ETB.
- Nature's Lore > Rampant Growth
Lore can get Stomping or Glade and put it onto the battlefield.
- Sylvan Scrying > Kodama's Reach
Scrying can get Kessig Wolf Run .
6 days ago
- All of the above suggestions I agree with.
- I would also say that you are trying to cast big 4 mana/ 5 mana spells so youll need more ramp to do that. I have a mono green version simular to your deck. Mono Green Control!?!. I am running an extra mana dork which can really be helpful. You have a lot of double green spells.
- As for the maybe board Vivien Reid isnt gonna dig for the spells you want it finds creatures I wouldnt put it in. Nissa, Vital Force makes you commit more to green being you will have so many doubel green spells. If you are going to add a Nissa i would add Nissa, Who Shakes the World . If you are playing a lot of infect Melira, Sylvok Outcast might help you out but its a SB card at best. Spellskite is a soild SB card against burn. Plow Under is double green, but you in a way get to Time Walk . They have to redraw cards they have already played, and are cut off mana giving you ad advantage. It helps the most when you are in the lead, when behind it is not a great play. Kessig Wolf Run might be a "win more card" its fine when you have no cards in hand, but i dont forsee that happening being you have big spells, so youll only really cast 1 spell a turn. Surgical Extraction helps with graveyard decks 2x SB is where I would put it if you fight those decks.
1 week ago
RNR_Gaming I'm going to try out your suggestions along with the other cards in the maybe board now. Blood Crypt | Cabal Coffers | Crop Rotation | Dakmor Salvage | Demonic Tutor | Hour of Promise | Kessig Wolf Run | Overgrown Tomb | Skirge Familiar | Slippery Karst | Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre | Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth | Volrath's Stronghold
Waiting on them to arrive now and haven't decided what to swap yet. We've only played the deck a few times but it feels inconsistent and like there's not enough removal so far.
3 weeks ago
yep I'm a schmuck. Paying 9 mana for any two creatures (whatever they are) is just so powerful.
I imagine I'll be tutoring for value mainly getting a greenwarden/ewit + something big like omnath or avenger.
I played this deck last night and made a lot more creatures than I had anticipated and would have won far more simply if I could have just searched up a Craterhoof Behemoth . But I ended up making a ton of mana bouncing cradle and sinking it into Kessig Wolf Run which worked just fine. Craterhoof wouldn't have been as interesting!
But I may end up adding one :/
3 weeks ago
Cindervines | Ghired's Belligerence | Hanweir Garrison | Tilonalli's Summoner | Avenger of Zendikar | Thopter Assembly | Beast Within | Harmonize | Decimate | Skyshroud Claim | Goblin Rally | Saproling Symbiosis | Skullclamp | Oketra's Monument (maybe) | Garruk, Primal Hunter | Kessig Wolf Run | Field of the Dead
2 months ago
Thanx for the view. I think youre right about the lands, i've adjusted the base. Test playing showed mostly the Dark Depths and Thespian's Stage combo as constant threat, with the finisher of Inkmoth Nexus and Kessig Wolf Run .
I think its an idea to cut the +1 counter-tech and focus more on landfall.
Thanx for the thinking
2 months ago
I think Lotus Cobra would be a super sweet addition to this deck. You could even add a Kessig Wolf Run to have a good place to dump the Mana. Edge of Autumn is also an interesting choice for this deck, maybe worth trying out.
Kessig Wolf Run occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.09%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
RG (Gruul): 1.97%
BRG (Jund): 1.03%
RGW (Naya): 1.99%