Creature — Ooze
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.
|Want (4)||Etinifni , captainninjakid , Cablead , MikeyCantStop|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Acidic Slime occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.13%
GU (Simic): 0.82%
RG (Gruul): 1.39%
RUG (Temur): 2.72%
BRG (Jund): 1.48%
BUG (Sultai): 0.97%
Acidic Slime Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
There is so many combos that I dont know. Just do some research.
3 weeks ago
Tomik is a solid card in MLD and otherwise land destruction due his one sided effects. Also, he feels like a white stax card due to the nefarious sound of his flavor text.
Tomik, Supreme Lawmage
Legendary Planeswalker - Tomik
+2: Each player with more lands than the player with the fewest sacrifices a land they control.
-3: Spells your opponents cast cost more to cast; land cards on the battlefield, in graveyards, libraries can't enter the battlefield or be the target of spells or abilities you don't control; and your opponents can't cast spells from graveyards or libraries, until your next turn.
-5: Destroy all lands, then return all basic land cards from all graveyards to the battlefield tapped under their owners' control. You get an emblem with "Whenever a land you don't control leaves the battlefield, untap all lands you control."
The ideal planeswalker for death & taxes and Stax. I mean just comes out early, is oppressive, but not necessarily any good outside of that build, much like Tomik, Distinguished Advokist.
I'd like a card like Acidic Slime, but in white.
3 weeks ago
On to the creatures. Most things look pretty good. I actually really like the inclusion of Tendershoot Dryad and Verdant Force as a sneaky alternate win-con. Some things I don't think should really be included are your 0 drop artifact creatures. I don't see them doing much. I also don't really like the inclusion of Lovestruck Beast as he doesn't really fit theme and he can be pretty fragile when it comes to being able to attack. Satyr Wayfinder also could be replaced since you don't have much graveyard interaction. I could also throw out Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma here since she doesn't reduce most of your hydras, but I think her attack bonus is enough to warrant her inclusion.
I think you've got your bases covered in terms of what effects you want to have in here so I think if you're adding cards it'd be good to look for redundancy. If you've got Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx in here you should probably run Voyaging Satyr. Llanowar Tribe works well with your Leyline of Abundance. Speaking of which, one or two mana dorks would probably be prudent. You could focus on more elves and do something like Priest of Titania or Elvish Archdruid or you could just do other dorks like Whisperer of the Wilds or Druid of the Cowl. Some more card draw creatures could be good like Soul of the Harvest. One card that doesn't really have anything like it in here is Temur Sabertooth. You've got a number of good creature ETB effects that you can repeat with the Sabertooth. Also, I think it would be good tech for resetting an X cost hydra that you played early in the game and making bigger late in the game once you land a big mana producer like Karametra's Acolyte. Some other creatures w/ good ETBs on them that you could consider are Acidic Slime, terastadon, Regal Force, Fierce Empath, Avenger of Zendikar, and Bane of Progress. Oh yeah. You don't have Genesis Hydra in here. It should be in here. Also, I really like your idea to get Seedborn Muse and Yeva, Nature's Herald in here. They are great.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Made these changes because I didn't have the original cards
1 month ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)