|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Ooze
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||thekingpinBR , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Poptartz95 , pokemate0 , Falte , Friedrice24 , MonoRedBomb.Com , frederiklw , richardmv , ibraJG84 , ironax , silvereh , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Lucretian , bakunet , Fleshxandxbone , pskinn01 , sombrevivo , jtaddeo , angesoir , miracle , killstars , duff87 , Reliva , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , GeminiSpartanX|
Acidic Slime Discussion
2 days ago
- Starfield of Nyx Not about the enchantments turning to creatures thing but the recursion is nice
- Sram, Senior Edificer more card draw from casting auras
- Alexi's Cloak
- Hunter's Insight more card draw
- Heroic Intervention Well, is amazing the number of disruptions this card will help you against
- Faith Unbroken some aura shaped disruption will do you no harm
- Acidic Slime disruption and and a body with deathtouch. When you happen to give fist/double strike and/or trample to a deathtoucher it becomes the ultimate ass kicker.
- Spirit Loop and Aspect of Mongoose more reusable auras.
- Reliquary Tower if you draw so many cards, this is a no brainer.
1 week ago
The first thing that stands out is that the ratios for this deck lean very heavily towards single use, non-repeatable effects. There should probably be a bit more land (I'd aim for at least 36 or so), and a few of the cheap fetch lands would go a long way. While you have some token generators, some additional creatures would probably help as well. Think of it this way: late in the game with no cards in hand, how big of an impact will the card have? If you can include a card with more than one use, the chances go up.
TL;DR I would cut some of the limited focus instants and sorceries for some additional land and some creatures/artifacts that still move towards your theme.
Some Suggestions on what to add:
My suggestions on what to remove:
Land: 1 Forest, 1 Plains (2)
1 week ago
I have to agree with the comments on your deck's comment page: Where in God's name are your Avatar of the Resolute? Mono-Green Stompy is built around Avatar of the Resolute and relies on it for getting things done. It makes your Experiment Ones, Scavenging Oozes, and Strangleroot Geists do even more work. It even makes Young Wolf viable.
Champion of Lambholt is cute but as you say, it's a pet card. The problem is that it's taking up room.
I also don't think you're getting much benefit from your mana base. Nephalia Academy and Field of Ruin are kind of ho-hum in this deck. You can board in Acidic Slime, Beast Within, or Mwonvuli Acid-Moss. You don't care about counterspells because you can board in Thrun, the Last Troll, Skylasher, Great Sable Stag, and Choke. I'd drop down to 19 lands and play a 3rd. Treetop Village. Everything else should be Forests.
1 week ago
Had a game (a while ago) where my opponent was playing a Mayael beatdown deck against my Saffi Eriksdotter deck. He had a lot of fliers so to buy myself a turn I played my Reveillark purely as a blocker.
Somehow I top decked an Ashnod's Altar which let me get infinite mana, but I needed an outlet. I had an Acidic Slime (when I used to run it) sitting in the graveyard, a Sun Titan in hand and a Nim Deathmantle on the battlefield.
What did it though was the Mikokoro, Center of the Sea I had in play. Ended up killing my land with slime only to get it back with titan and draw indefinitely. My oppoent was (justifiably) a bit salty. Did a double take when I saw the combo and knew I had an out though, it did feel pretty good.
I now run that as one of my listed backup win conditions (I use Strip Mine instead of Slime to kill my land).
2 weeks ago
Basically you just bin the leonin and Reanimate it with an enchantment, then exile said enchantment to the Leonin's triggered ability. It creates an instant infinite death loop as the enchantment re-enters play and brings back the leonin when it dies to the enchantment leaving play. Just another angle of attack that opponents usually don't see coming :)
2 weeks ago
Hey, i'd like to give you my opinion on some of the (not overpowered) cards you might be missing and some that i think underperform in this deck after some time playing with Meren.
- Golgari Charm: This card always disappoints me. Every effect on this card is not very appealing for Meren, the only good board state i see myself playing this is if my opponent has a couple mana dorks and for some reason i have nothing on board. If you are worried about infinite combos that involve some enchantment i'd play Krosan Grip or Viridian Zealot considering you already have Acidic Slime and Reclamation Sage.
- Buried Alive: This card is a must. You can throw some mana dorks, sack outlets or the all-star Spore Frog to your graveyard on early game to start the engine or find some finishers on late game.
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip: Play this for control matchups to support the Mindslicer effect, very easy to flip and can reanimate your low CMC creatures for some great value.
- Living Death: Weird card, i can't think of an appropiate board state where i'd like to play this. If your engine is working you usually have more creatures on the battle field rather than your graveyard. If the engine is not working you probably have an empty graveyard or not much value there anyway. Dont think of Meren as a dredge deck that will fill your graveyard with value in a couple turns, most games the value is in your hand or rotating between your battlefield and graveyard.
- Dusk Legion Zealot + Elvish Visionary (The card advantage engine): I've been impressed by the performance of "one shot" draw spells like Altar's Reap,Night's Whisper or Sign in Blood on my decks as 2-mana draw two, with Altar's Reap beign an awesome top deck in mid to late game. Of course i play this with repeatable card draw like Phyrexian Arena or Sylvan Library
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan + Wrath: I've won some matches with this combo and Yahenni is a great sack outlet as its very hard to deal with
- A bit Enchantment heavy: ive found Evolutionary Leap to be somewhat disappointing. Try All Is Dust + From Beyond instead of Awakening Zone for some ramp/colorless emergency removal as backup against obnoxious cards such as Iona, Shield of Emeria. Duplicant works aswell.
- No tutors?: Cruel Tutor, Worldly Tutor or even Diabolic Tutor are fair cards that will help you find answers more efficiently than pure card advantage
- Shady Finishers: Gray Merchant of Asphodel loves Grave Titan or Razaketh, the Foulblooded. Even Avenger of Zendikar with all the basic land fetching you can do would work better than Regal Behemoth or Massacre Wurm i think.
2 weeks ago
Maybe a couple of death touches, so you can wipe out multiple opponents field at the same time (Acidic Slime being a good example). You can also use Basilisk Collar for the same effect, especially on a regen guy.
You could also play guys like Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, but your playgroup may hate you for trying to destroy their lands. :/
3 weeks ago
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Acidic Slime a hate card just because it is general-use removal on a stick. Stony Silence or Rest in Peace, on the other hand, have specific strategies that they deal with. Now if your friend accused you of being degenerate for blowing up all his lands, I can agree with that. XD