|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two Forest cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Have (4)||Brutus1 , metljoe , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (8)||Txport , xbskiracer , __juanthebeaver27 , StevenTompary , Elynia , Band445 , Brutus1 , lloydsmith28|
Skyshroud Claim Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey Zephyr Here from Gargos, Hydra Lord.
Decided to check out your deck and found several things I hadn't thought of. I had considered Scythe of the Wretched but I decided against it. But I failed to think of the fact that Gargos is a fighting machine! I'm definitely going to find a spot for it now. One thing I noted about your deck though, it lacks ramp. The point of the deck is giant hydras is it not? Without ramp it can take a while to even get out your commander, you rely on land doublers right? Add Skyshroud Claim or Nature's Lore as well as several other good options, your mono-green for heavens sake! That said I love your deck and am going to take good bit of inspiration from it. Can't wait to see it develop.
2 weeks ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions! There might be couple I'd like to use. As for the others, I've listed my thoughts below:
- I am already using Parallel Lives , and I'm not sure my deck relies enough on tokens to justify running both that and Anointed Procession , especially since it doesn't work with Tolsimir (aside from giving me the extra 3 life). If I feel I need to extra token generation, I might consider throwing in a procession.
- Bower Passage , I don't really like. I dislike cards that straight up turn my creatures unblockable for the right opponent (and may do nothing for others). Dense Canopy I like more, since it affects the whole table, and might therefor work better as a diplomatic tool. Same goes for Gravity Well . The problem remains though that they're dead cards if I'm playing against someone without flyers out. For a first draft I'd rather rely on the removal granted by the fighting ability and see if I still have enough trouble with flyers to justify one of them.
- Coat of Arms I don't like much as a card, and it goes against the theme. The last goes for Generous Gift as well, I think Beast Within fits the theme much better.
- I might add Skyshroud Claim if I feel I need more ramp. Nature's Lore I just just don't like in EDH. It has too little impact to be worth a card slot for me.
- I had been looking at my lack of recursion, and considering something like Praetor's Counsel to address it, but I felt it went too much against the theme. Seasons Past is a much better alternative. I'll consider adding it.
- Lastly, I'm going to straight up disagree with you that Aura Shards is in any way better than Sylvan Reclamation . Not only does it exile the targets (which helps against indestructible targets like Gods or Darksteel Forge , against which Aura shards is useless), but it's instant speed whereas I need to pre-emptively cast Aura Shards to be able to respond to artifacts or enchantments coming out, giving my opponents a chance to deal with it before they play their big targets (or get a free turn with them if I hold the Shards back). On top of that, I can basic landcycle the reclamation if I ever find myself in dire need of land. I had considered Aura Shards instead of Nullmage Shepherd , as they are much more comparable, but ended up opting for the shepherd since it allows me to more easily destroy targets on instant speed (since I just need untapped creatures rather than a way to pump out creatures on instant speed to trigger it).
I couldn't help but notice you had a list of your own. I'll take a look at it later and let you know my thoughts on that.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hey Sectiron, +1 for you mate!
Here's my (casual?) list: Slivers/ First/ Lords
Clearly you've given it some thought, but it reads like you're underestimating your excludes... unless you're under-tuning for casual, tbf.
I wanted to list a few combos in case you missed them ;)
...and more I'm sure!
...Basically, Morophon, the Boundless , Sliver Queen , and Pulmonic Sliver go infinite in many ways... and Dormant Sliver , Basal Sliver (aka Ashnod's Altar ) , and Darkheart Sliver are all really good.
...as are Firewake Sliver (it gives haste) and Mindlash Sliver . Really, any sacrifice in general would let you play and turn off Dormant Sliver / Harmonic Sliver (aka Aura Shards )/ Crystalline Sliver /(etc) as well as capitalize on board wipes.
Ramp feels really nice... why not play more? Resigning yourself to 5 mana sounds miserable! I agree cascading into ramp is a bummer, but if you play 2:1 cards like Skyshroud Claim , (etc), you'll consistently play your commander as well as protect yourself from land hate (...it is too easy to deny the WUBRG player).
Also, play way more 1-drops, including non-Slivers. I personally like Phyrexian Reclamation and have been testing Reconnaissance . Currently my only 0-drop is Summoner's Pact , which effectively lets me stop cascading through <100 cards, tutor, and then shuffle. Your current setup is torture! Cascading for a single 1-drop (which you can't skip and just tutor) into <3 0-drops? You're flipping and shuffling way too much for a single rock! Either way, though, it looks like fun.
My tables are also casual, but Slivers are arch-enemy... no matter what! Embrace it :)
Hopefully this was helpful. glhf!
2 weeks ago
And yeah—as I feared, budget considerations kind of went out the window once I decided to try to optimize this commander/list with ABUR duals, and it has accidentally on purpose become my main EDH deck (and home to all my old original or revised printings vs new reprints). The only plus side I can think of is that going all in on this for a 5c deck means I can trade or sell over into pretty much anything else, as a full 2/3rd of the deck as it stands don't care about dragons/are just EDH staples and goodstuff. I did have to trade a foil Urza, Lord High Artificer I packed at draft toward that Mox Diamond , though, which hurts. But the draggos demand blood sacrifice.
2 weeks ago
Moxen are definitely better than Signet/Lantern, however there's also a huge price tag to them as a limitng factor for me. But I wonder if I really need Chromatic Lantern with mana base like this - it might be used to fight opposing Blood Moon but probably that's it.
3 weeks ago
enpc you are absolutely right. After many test I found myself after waiting till turn 4 for any kind of plays. Cut 2 cards for Skyshroud Claim and Burnished Hart . But I think it could use maybe 2 more spots of ramp. And I dont know what else to remove.
3 weeks ago
Needs more ramp. You're using cards like Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens however you don't have Rampant Growth , Nature's Lore , Skyshroud Claim , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Into the North as well as cards like Fertilid . That way you can get full value out of mana doublers.
Skyshroud Claim occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.11%
GU (Simic): 0.55%
RG (Gruul): 1.51%
RGW (Naya): 1.89%