|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Hydra
Trample (This creature can deal excess combat damage to defending player or planeswalker while attacking.)
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Managorger Hydra.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||pskinn01 , maR2307 , Lindough , carsickpanda273 , CAPT.Shock , BlueMageBrandon , Kvothe1115 , MoJoMiXuP , twistedmage , Famicomania , frederiklw , rhinoloupe , mziter501 , jhTheMan99 , Swamy , thetechzombie , Suns_Champion , Caldazar , ironax , Mousemke , LegendDeer , joshw335 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||fireborne1986 , vashaclarens , PTsmitty|
Managorger Hydra Discussion
1 day ago
Your deck contains several cards that generate tokens. I think your deck would fare better if you'd remove those and instead invest more into getting creatures that either generate counters or benefit greatly from them. There are several budget and non-budget ways of doing this. Here's some of the budget ways (they're not Hydra-themed, but suit your strategy very well):
- Gyre Sage: in your deck, this would be one of the best ramping options ever;
- Wild Beastmaster; works well in your deck; boosts all creatures when attacking;
- Forgotten Ancient; combination of Managorger Hydra and Spike Rogue;
- Champion of Lambholt; no +1/+1 counter deck should be without her;
- Bloodspore Thrinax; an even better version of Wild Beastmaster (because counters all work when defending :))
- Juniper Order Ranger; more counters!
- Renegade Krasis; adding counters can get pretty insane with him around.
- Inspiring Call: nice draw spell and gives all your creatures indestructible for a turn;
- Map the Wastes: ramp and bolster in one card; noice!
- Elemental Bond: because basically every creature you cast, is strong enough to allow you to draw a card.
- Death's Presence: one monster's death, is another's power.
- Hardened Scales: add a counter for whenever counters are added :)
- Bow of Nylea: gives a whole host of options, one of which is adding +1/+1's.
Some less-budget (more expensive) options, would be:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: great ramp and card draw creature.
- Vigor: your creatures grow by being dealt damage.
- Primal Vigor: Not quite a Doubling Season but close.
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: great walker with a primary ability tailor-made for this deck.
Sorry for the long post. Hope you find some of this to be useful. Happy gaming!
3 days ago
Having tried to build something similar, I am still undecided between Merfolk friends and family, which slowly builds towards having unblockable land creatures with a heavy attack, and Pointed Ears which uses a mix of elves and merfolk to build an army of unblockable creatures. Your deck seems to be somewhere between these two decks but, somehow seems to be lacking synergy between cards.
Deeproot Champion seems to be a new Managorger Hydra and really wants to find a home in a control deck that contains lots of cheap instants and sorceries. I just don't see it doing much in an aggro creature-summon deck.
Tempest Caller is very situational and you need it in your hand at a critical stage in the game - which seems rather unlikely. At best it is a win-more card - if you have control of the field, your win might be more dramatic.
The challenge will be to identify weaknesses in this deck and find better alternatives (which may not be the same cards that I used in my version of this deck)
2 weeks ago
Like that idea!
Just that is a great deck, you may test it and post their changes around your meta. +1 for you :D
1 month ago
Looks very cool; however, I know from experience that Daghatar's 4 +1/+1 counter can be underwhelming. I recommend Corpsejack Menace, Cathars' Crusade, Forgotten Ancient, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Managorger Hydra, and Cauldron of Souls.
1 month ago
usaDiabetic thanks for the suggestions man!
I agree I could probably make some cuts to give Atraxa some shoes. I agree Path of Ancestry should also go in here, I will probably cut the the Scry for it. Trade tap for a tap. Vesuva I think would do about the same as the rest of the lands I have, there's really nothing in my group worth copying.
And a lot of the cards you recommended I've had in and are super strong but I have people who can win on turn 5 so I had to cut some of the slower stuff unfortunately. Astral Cornucopia was a bit to slow so Crystalline Crawler took its place. Prime Speaker Zegana was another card I couldn't utilize because I couldn't get it out fast enough. Hangarback will be something I playtest though. Managorger Hydra is strong but will die before I can beef him up. Corpsejack Menace is two more but does a little more for me than Constrictor.
I have Verdict as my wrath but Black Suns may take a slot here.
Do appreciate the suggestions, you've given me some stuff to think about haha
1 month ago
I would probably put Astral Cornucopia in, insane ramp card for Atraxa.
Either way sweet build, I love Atraxa......I tried not to recommend too many blue cards haha