|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
When Farhaven Elf enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Farhaven Elf Discussion
1 day ago
Paradox Engine Worst case scenario, you play the card with not enough pieces to go off and someone instantly krosan grips the card.
Jaddi Offshoot You have more efficient ways of generating Lifegain.
Mikaeus, the Lunarch Isn't impactful enough when it hits the board or when it stays needs paradox engine to be abused and there are easier ways to go about this effect.
Oblivion Ring Excellent cheap removal but unfortunately there are better removal spells that are available
Elspeth, Knight-Errant Not impactful, deck isn't primarily combat focused.
Avenger of Zendikar No brainer
Rampaging Baloths Works with your landfall theme, this is easily abusable with an instant payoff.
Blackblade Reforged You have enough flyers to abuse this equipment easily
Admonition Angel More landfall goodness (with exile)
Quarantine Field removal
Titania, Protector of Argoth Insurance
Sword of the Animist Landfall redundancy
2 days ago
Alright, finally got to update the deck to GRN. I have been absolutely swamped with work for the past month or so but finally got the time tune my pet deck right here. The changes are:
Top I cut because oftentimes I was just unimpressed by the cards, simple as that. In this deck and in the meta I play this deck in I'd much just rather play spells from my hand than activate the top to find specific cards. Later in the game when I would have the mana to spare, I'd just much rather have straight up card draw, and that has been added to the deck in the form of Beast Whisperer. The one mana dorks were cut and replaced by Wall of Blossoms, Farhaven Elf and an extra land in order to power the deck down just a tiny bit in the early game. In my meta this Animar deck is definitely on the more powerful side, and the games that I happen to get a turn 2 Animar online it is very likely that I will run away with the game unless someone mulliganed into a dedicated hate card. Therefore I chose to power the deck down just a hair to increase the number of 'fair' games. One word on Farhaven elf, since this Animar deck has contributed to the increased number of wrath effects in my meta I chose a 'mana dork' that leaves its effect behind once the board has been cleared.
@ Frank_Glascock, I will go through your comments and reply as soon as I have the time!
2 days ago
Hey, saw your forum post asking for budget card help.
With Izoni I suggest expanding on the strategies of creature sacrifice (enabler/win condition), self-mill (enabler) and reanimation (back-up plan). You have ramp already with one drop Elves, Tribe-Elder and the enchant lands, but you can even expand on ramp. Ramping into Izoni doesn't do much if you don't first have a lot of creatures in your graveyard. Out of all these strategies I think the primary one is creature sacrifice. With sacrifice you can get more value out of your creatures before they go to your graveyard. Izoni herself is a sac outlet which is good with the sacrifice/aristocrat theme, but I suggest expanding on this theme with other creatures who can be free (no mana cost) repeatable sac outlets. Free repeatable sac is nice to be able to more easily get value from creatures the turn you play them/create them as well as get them into the graveyard faster for no cost.
Secondary is self-mill as it's the faster way to get creatures (a lot of them) into your graveyard, but you get much less value from your cards when all you're doing is milling them into your graveyard. Reanimation can be a back-up plan if Izoni fails or be used with Izoni's Insects and reanimation is good when self-milling.
A goal to strive for is to be able to use the Insects the turn you play Izoni, by sacing each Insect for value or to make all your opponent's lose life. Since you can't attack with the Insects the turn they're created you want to be able to utilize them in other ways (sacing them). I would make creature cards the priority because Izoni doesn't do much without having a lot creatures in the deck. There are some exceptions, powerful budget noncreature cards like Skullclamp, Sol Ring, Dread Return, etc.
A Dread Return in your graveyard when you play Izoni can do a lot since you can flash it back by sacing three Insects. This can be powerful, reanimating a creature like Avenger of Zendikar, Protean Hulk or Krav, the Unredeemed, etc. or reanimating an aristocrat/sac outlet (Viscera Seer) to set-up the current turn or your next turn. Krav for instance his ability which you can use the same turn you play him, for one you can sac all Insects/Izoni draw lots of cards, gain lots of life and put a lot of counters on Krav. Being able to easily sac Izoni is helpful and good with ramp because this lets you then play her again from the Command Zone and create more Insects.
Cards to consider adding:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Hissing Quagmire
- Golgari Rot Farm
- Tainted Wood
- Bojuka Bog
- Svogthos, the Restless Tomb
- Dakmor Salvage
- Blighted Woodland
- Woodland Cemetery (non budget)
Cards to consider cutting:
- Demonlord Belzenlok
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Hydra Omnivore
- Loyal Guardian
- Thrashing Brontodon
- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
- Wild Beastmaster
- Bear Umbra
- Dawn's Reflection
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc
- Myth Unbound
- Song of Freyalise
- The Mending of Dominaria
- Kamahl's Druidic Vow
- Dark Petition
- Necrotic Wound
- Sign in Blood
- Illusionist's Bracers
- Swiftfoot Boots
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Really the reason for the additional ramp, is that in the $50 budget format, it doesn't leave much in the way of budget for lands, as they are always very expensive. To facilitate a 3-color commander in this format, and to consistently cast him Turn 3, I need to mana fix, and the way that Animar, Soul of Elements does that, is with creatures, thus all the ramp.
If I had access to more dual lands, then the ramp would be less important, unfortunately need lots. This deck is pretty new, 3 weeks old, it's dominated the format ($50 budget league). There's been talk of making him "Ban"imar, but I love the deck.
Appreciate the comment, I'll keep evaluating and trying to balance the ramp and other aspects. I probably could use some more removal, but not sure what's out there that I can fit in.
1 month ago
I reckon average CMC probably needs to come down overall. You have almost no ramp in the deck, afterall, only like 5 cards. 21 at >5 CMC seems pretty whack, especially when your commander is a mana sink. Farhaven Elf and Wood Elves seems reasonable value with your creature synergies.
Felidar Sovereign seems not synergistic. Low life gain opportunities.
Reya Dawnbringer is clunk town, particularly with lots of other ways to reanimate/prevent creatures dying.
Hydra Broodmaster will probably be a 2 turn process. That's usually a 7/7 for 6, followed up by 3 3/3s if it lives. 19 power for 13 mana isn't really an exceptional rate on mana efficiency, and it offers so little utility.
Yosei, the Morning Star seems ambitious with your fairly small reanimator suite.
Sunscorch Regent seems a bit like a do-nothing fatty.
The Great Aurora feels pretty bad when you really aren't a dedicated token deck.
Angelic Arbiter is a giant awkward fatty that ALSO gives your opponent choices. Don't love it.
The 'aura package' might be too cute. I think you already are working in a lot of different directions there, between trying to be a counters deck, and a hatebears deck, and a tokens deck. Open the Armory and Heliod's Pilgrim are not exceptional. This makes Lignify pretty bad too.
You have a variety of field sweeps despite being a creature deck. I don't think this is wrong, but given the effort you've put into 'indestructible synergy', the sweeps that bypass indestructible seem problematic for you. Note, this still leaves you with 5 sweeps after Hallowed Burial and Descend upon the Sinful are cut.