|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Snow Land — Mountain
: Gain .
Snow-Covered Mountain Discussion
2 days ago
I am very happy to see getting some new support in Modern Horizons! We FINALLY got full art Snow-Covered Mountain s!
So far admittedly nothing really seems like it will be any help in the Modern scene though... a simic snow treefolk is kinda neat... maybe in a Leaf-Crowned Elder treefolk tribal with all the different ways to switch toughness and power that has come about lately can be a functional use.
Is anyone else excited to see snow support/have any speculations?
3 weeks ago
I saw your deck on the Modern deck forum and I thought I would throw in my two cents. Seems like you are all in on stopping creatures. What about spells? I would splash green for Cindervines or come up with some other punisher option for people storming off. If you can't think of a punishing option you may just need to include Trinisphere or Damping Sphere to slow people down. I know you don't want a prison deck, but you are just a sitting duck here. Blood Moon , enough said. Also, consider using Snow covered mountains and Skred : super efficient removal. Last, you could diversify your threats with Chandra, Torch of Defiance or Hazoret the Fervent .
1 month ago
1 month ago
A nice trick you can pull with monocoloured decks is swapping out all of your Mountains for Snow-Covered Mountain s and then making room for Scrying Sheets . It can also pick up the Coldsteel Heart you're already running, meaning there's a little card advantage it can eke out for you every now and then. Mouth of Ronom and Skred might also be worthy inclusions if you go that route.
Some other intriguing ways for you to score a lot of tokens include Thopter Assembly , Lightning Coils and Retrofitter Foundry - even if you keep ditching the tokens immediately, those comes-into-play triggers will add up!
1 month ago
I’m currently updating my Krenko, Mob Boss goblin deck to include both of the above... it is fairly linear like u say but in its defence..lol... it’s really fun to krenko out the goblins and swarm the feild... I’ve had 100goblins on turn 5 and won :) with a Goblin War Strike
2 months ago
This would be a great card but since I only run 9 Snow-Covered Mountain s in my deck I'm going to pass since all of his abilities rely on Mountain s. Plus getting a 4/4 that can be killed might not be super great in edh (obviously depending on your meta). Getting an extra one or two mana is not super good when I have a planeswalker like Chandra, Torch of Defiance and the emblem is laughable is edh considering the higher Thanks for the suggestion HappyCat123!
2 months ago
I have made a bunch of changes recently to this creation and it just keeps getting better and better... the deck is almost to the point of ‘completion’ before I start foiling it out...
One change I just made is
3 months ago
Just a heads up, I'd replace your Mountains with Snow-Covered Mountain s because Extraplanar Lens doubles mana of ALL lands named. More than likely no one at the table will have snow lands so... Plus this gives your access to Scrying Sheets which is something this deck greatly needs, card advantage. Also I REALLY, REALLY think you should be playing Sarkhan, Fireblood and Sarkhan's Unsealing they are WAY too good for this deck.
Here's some card suggestions!
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Staff of Nin
- Mind's Eye
- Wheel of Fortune
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Faithless Looting
- Tormenting Voice
- Cathartic Reunion
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Sin Prodder
- Hedron Archive
- Treasure Map Flip
- The Immortal Sun
- Experimental Frenzy
- Endless Atlas
- Coveted Jewel
Here are some cut suggestions:
- Fledgling Dragon: For four mana you could play Moltensteel Dragon or Territorial Hellkite both of which are more value in my opinion
- Emblem of the warmind: As stated previously it's too easy to deal with.
- Farsight mask: Mind's Eye is strictly better, and you don't want to get hit in the face in order to draw a card.
- Kindred charge: This is PURELY a wind more card in dragons. By the time you cast this, because you'll hold it trying to maximize the copies, you'll be doing massive damage ANYWAY.
- Ancient hellkite: A lot of mana for a meh dragon when this could be a Steel Hellkite , Kilnmouth Dragon , Skyline Despot , or a Demanding Dragon
- Archwing dragon: If you are going to dedicate paying four mana to a dragon every turn, just play Dragon Tyrant
- Slumbering dragon: I like this card idealy... but if we are being honest... This card is NEVER going to wake up, no one is going to let an 8/8 dragon sit on the table for 5 turns.
- Zirilan of the claw: It's good... but you have to exile your creatures... and that's not good for you.
No data for this card yet.