Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it doesn't have the same name as another creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard, draw a card.
|Want (5)||pksword1 , mwb31 , Pyroraptor , Jacob20477 , weyenbergc|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Guardian Project Discussion
1 week ago
I agree with Thebiga641 you need more counter magic, there is plenty of cheap counterspells you can add to the deck. For card draw Coastal Piracy is awesome and Reconnaissance Mission is a better and cheaper version of it, I recommend testing them both. There is also Guardian Project which is very nice to have since you have 43 creatures in the deck.
Talking about control there is an amazing card for low power creature decks: Retribution of the Meek.
I really like your deck, see ya around bro <3
2 weeks ago
I had built a Fog Tribal Questing Beast deck a while back. Getting some of the better ones like Spike Weaver, who has really dropped since it shot up to $20 with the release of Atraxa.
Constant Mists is a great investment too. These are probably some of the best repeatable effects that allow you to attack and not care about your opponent's creatures.
I would really suggest typing out our deck using the custom categories. I tend to split mine into:
(Roughly 10x) Mana Acceleration
(Roughly 10x) Card Draw
Deck Control (like tutors)
(Roughly 10x) Removal / Protection Effects
Recursion (copy effects, returning stuff from the graveyard)
Ideally you want to make sure you have at least 10 mana acceleration effects and 10 card draw effects. Different commanders can allow you to drop the number of creature card draw effects you have.
Have a look at the card draw package I have in my wolf deck. Green is my most played colour. Their enchantments are just SO STUPIDLY POWERFUL. And people don't run enough enchantment removal. They do run creature board wipes though. So investing heavily into creatures can be... risky.
Elemental Bond should be an easy replace over Shapers' Sanctuary. The Sanctuary just doesn't trigger reliably enough. From my experience, single target removal isn't very strong in commander - unless you're playing in CEDH. But considering the difference between what you could draw vs. what you will draw with Elemental Bond. You're garenteed to draw with the bond. With the Sanctuary, you're just hoping that someone will target one of your creatures. It might happen, but when one is determined just based on your own creatures, it will trigger much more often.
Nissa, Who Shakes the World might be a good pick-up for your deck since you have so many forests.
2 weeks ago
In my opinion Explosive Vegetation is not playable in commander. Or any other format lol. Maybe in a lands deck. If you already had all the 2 and 3 mana untapped land spells included.
Have you run this deck in paper? Have you made any changes? I think defensive counter magic should probably be in the deck even in its most casual shell.
Whenever I see simic colors I immediately think of degenerate combos. Infinite mana + Finale of Devastation or Thassa's Oracle lines are my favorite, but I dig the Kiki-Jiki lines.Hyrax Tower Scout Splinter Twin and Combat Celebrant all add to those lines. If you use Intruder Alarm it combos with kiki jiki plus can give you infinite mana with mana dorks like Bloom Tender and Gyre Engineer by bouncing a Shrieking Drake or Dream Stalker kind of like the Ancestral Statue line. If you run Beast Whisperer or Guardian Project or The Great Henge bouncing the Shrieking Drake gets you to a Thassa's Oracle win.
2 weeks ago
SynergyBuild: Correct. Which is why things like The Great Henge and Guardian Project are being looked at. Also on the radar are Joraga Treespeaker and Elvish Archdruid in place of Karametra's Acolyte and Caustic Caterpillar. The deck is slowly morphing into a Faux Farm, FlashHulk, and IsoRev hybrid where we're trying to assemble a "2 card combo" with Ashaya, Soul of the Wild and one of the rangers (Quirion Ranger/Scryb Ranger) taking advantage of literally any dork under the right circumstance; a 2 mana producing one being the ideal choice, hence the Treespeaker consideration.
- Rush a dork, draw, and/or stax
- Cast Yeva, before our turn
- assemble 2 card combo for 6/7 mana, wait on the prowl to shotgun blast the table.
- NEVER shoot for win, just build while keeping options to win open once 6/7 is reached.
- 4 creatures means free Allosaurus Shepherd with Chord of Calling or one mana with Summoner's Pact
- Bonus points if you can create THE BUBBLE: Casting Veil of Summer into the obvious counter, storm off some more into Allosaurus Shepherd.
We have our pretection, we just need to look for the opening and streamline. Weigh in how easily it is to go infinite with Ashaya and NEED a mana sink or need a Glimpse effect.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.