|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Legends (V11)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
: Search your library for a legendary card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (13)||Mousemke , MagnaAura , CampbellStev , MikeLaserbeam , Shiromakuro , DaZlInG , Fairseas , Katseu , gosora , TheRealSpecialK , rockleemyhero , capriom85 , mziter501|
|Want (34)||MagnaAura , Nissa_Is_Best , Vukodlak , autizm069 , Prettyfun , RIft6 , Zomgasa , TheHelvault , Topher71 , Auriel , AgentHellboy , Birchie84 , Mousemke , Dr_Pleco , CryAll , eleventhend , FlavorPolice , baconater , kovellen , itheoryz , KinHealy , widell , GarethGrey , DeadlyPro_21 , ReliableSenpai , Geldarion , titaniumturtlex , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , Cauthan , Falcawn , Cryptlord , airbornezenith , Nomikon12 , BlackArticuno|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Captain Sisay Discussion
15 hours ago
2 days ago
Grafted Exoskeleton it's a personal choice and every time it hit the table this equipment had the job done.
Cant wait to see the new set War of the Spark. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see something good for my deck.
3 days ago
We've been playing something similar. Some ideas on how to make this deck more effective:
- Captain Sisay ; bit expensive card, but allows you to tutor for a lot of powerful stuff in your deck.
- Bloom Tender ; also a bit expensive card, but the mana from him is great.
- Greater Auramancy ; makes your gods even harder to remove.
- Enchantress's Presence / Mesa Enchantress : because you could use some extra draw.
- Heroes' Podium : superb boost for all your gods and is a filter to boot.
Have fun brewing/playing this.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 weeks ago
Ancient Animus is effectively removal.
Blackblade Reforged is wicked scary.
Captain Sisay is a must.
Day of Destiny is not bad.
Heroes' Podium is much better.
In Bolas's Clutches may not be bad.
Depending on your mana situation, Kamahl's Druidic Vow might be insane.
Loyal Retainers could be cool.
Mox Amber is not a terrible mana rock.
Primevals' Glorious Rebirth is a whole lotta value.
Reki, the History of Kamigawa would draw so many cards.
Time of Need is a 2-mana tutor.
Urza's Ruinous Blast is a one-sided board wipe.
2 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Card upgrades to consider:
- Captain Sisay > Planar Bridge
- Mana Confluence > Temple of the False God
- Tezzeret the Seeker > Tezzeret, Artifice Master: tutor for Swords.
- Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage > Lavalanche
- Reki, the History of Kamigawa > Zendikar Resurgent
- Maelstrom Wanderer > Omnath, Locus of Rage
- Sheoldred, Whispering One > Garna, the Bloodflame
1 month ago
To be honest I have no idea; I can only speculate. I haven’t had a playgroup for several years, and my previous one wasn’t nearly so competitive. I just started playing with a new group last week, and while they’re pretty chill, they seem to be more competitive than my previous group. I’ll have to see how this deck holds up against them. I’ll ask if they run any of those commanders so I can test it.
PookandPie has been running a very similar deck much longer than I. He would be the one to ask about how Ghave stands against such commanders. I know he has competitive Zur the Enchanter and Captain Sisay decks. I would personally be interested to see how he thinks Ghave would fair against them as well. Any thoughts to bring to the discussion, PookandPie?
1 month ago
BTW: Money is not an issue for me for the deck, I just try to stay away from cards that are one time uses (like tutors, etc) that are over $60 or are at sorcery speed. For example The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale will sit on the battlefield and continue to do work.
Back to Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: I would only put it in a deck if it really could contribute to your gameplan and do some work.
1) If you were planning on getting Filth in your graveyard as a form of evasion.
2) In a Captain Sisay deck where you use Captain Sisay to first find Inventors' Fair , which is then used to find Kormus Bell , then you use Captain Sisay to either find Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or Linvala, Keeper of Silence , if Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is found all your opponents lands die and they can't have anymore lands for the rest of the game and if you find Linvala, Keeper of Silence your opponents can't tap lands for mana anymore.
Captain Sisay occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%