|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||raymaverick97 , NorthernCrow , KipIsKosher , Jpegwun , dplerner , frederiklw , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , Fiolek , MythicWinter111 , ibraJG84 , ironax , Lucretian , richardmv , philktoken8998 , bakunet , saj0219 , sombrevivo , DudeMan1031|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , rockleemyhero|
Elvish Mystic Discussion
10 hours ago
Wolf-Skull Shaman is a fairly strong card to include I'd think, since it not only synergises with other Elves but also makes 2/2 Wolf tokens that benefit from Tolsimir's anthem.
Anointed Procession has spiked recently in price, but I still absolutely recommend it for any token strategy.
Elvish Visionary may not look like much, but a disposable Elf that cycles itself is super strong.
Fortified Village is a budget dual land that's super low right now since it just cycled out of standard.
Gyre Sage is absolutely ridiculous if you can find a way to repeatedly put +1/+1 counters on it.
2 days ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! Elvish Mystic is a quite obvious pick indeed. As for Reclamation Sage and Elvish Visionary, I really don't want to decrease the number of warriors too much since it would limit Bramblewood Paragon's effect; Elvish Visionary is neat though, think I'll put it in the maybeboard and make some tests.
I added 2 Gruul Turf for now since I don't have enough budget to afford other dual rares. The same goes for Ezuri, it's reaally expensive so I hope 1 will be effective enough.
At the moment I'm considering these changes:
+2 other instants (same as above, don't know exactly which ones)
+1 Hunting Triad to compensate the token production
2 days ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
2 days ago
2 days ago
Reclamation Sage is much better than Zealot!
Elvish Mystic will be slightly better than Arbor Elf because you can still tap it for mana if all you have are pain lands. Also, go up to 4 Karplusan Forest instead of 2 Mountain, and maybe consider adding other duals like Rootbound Crag or Stomping Ground. You really dont want basic mountains here because theyll mess up your opening hands.
Elvish Visionary is a great cheap way to keep the elves coming. Id suggest 4 in place of some more expensive elves.
Id suggest 1-2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader as a good way to use Radha mana and end the game :)
Also I know you want to keep this modern legal, but PLEASE get a playset of Bloodbraid Elf for casual games :P Ill rest easy knowing shes the other reason to go GR elves.
3 days ago
A couple of things:
If you wish to create another line when typing up individual cards, press the space bar 3 times then move the new item to the next line.
If you wish to display a card put the card name in both brackets: [ ].
Now as for your deck, I think the changes made so far work. I'd try to get your Elvish Mystic count to 4, but that's just me.
With my suggestions:
2.) got it.
4.) Charging Monstrosaur: I guess for the deck you are running he works.
5.) Mortal's Resolve: understood.
6.) Flinthoof Boar: like Kird Ape you gain a benefit from simply having a mountain and a forest in your deck. the P/T boost is easy to obtain for the low cost that they are. Additionally, they don't hurt your wallet. As for Experiment One and Dryad Militant, if you are going for a more aggressive approach, then they can work, but like saber4734 said, you want to have one main focus and maybe smaller side thoughts in your deck.
7.) Wasteland Viper: its cute, but as a 1/2 with deathtouch, it mostly just sits there waiting to die without ways to pump it up.
8.) Other thoughts:
- Skullcrack -> better, if you are going more of the burn route than the creature heavy deck.
- Burn Away, Clan Defiance, Homing Lightning -> All these spells cost too much for the subpar delivery they give you.
Hope this helps!
3 days ago
I'm kinda sorta almost there... here's the cards I still need. Most of the cards are bulk. And here's a link to my binder
1x Dusk / Dawn
I'm not picky about sets. Again, here is my binder. Thanks!
5 days ago
Took out another Forest, and a Farhaven Elf and put in Llanowar Elves and Elvish Mystic. Hopefully these changes as well as some more to come will start to get the mana curve a little lower and also accelerate things.