|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horse
Other Horses you control have indestructible.
At the beginning of each end step, if you gained life this turn, create a 5/5 white Horse creature token.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||salthegato , NostalgicAce , Suns_Champion , NCN946 , 7vennum7 , BillyBalverine , Reliva , philktoken8998 , MattN7498 , L4DMalus , theilluminaire , darthnuchi|
|Want (2)||spineywoodchuck , vashaclarens|
Crested Sunmare Discussion
on Oloro Stuff
4 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
6 days ago
Glad I could help with your Nekusar deck! Here is hoping I can be helpful here as well, and continue the illusion that I know what I am talking about.
To start, let's talk about your lands. I would recommend starting with 37-38 lands, to ensure you are consistently hitting your land drops. This number can be adjusted some, based on your ramp and mana curve, but this number should provide a strong starting point as you playtest the deck.
The least expensive, easiest method would be to add a number of basic lands. I would recommend adding as many BW lands which enter untapped as possible. Personally, I do not recommend lands that enter the battlefield tapped, such as Orzhov Basilica or (effectively) Evolving Wilds, as they place you a bit behind in the early games, where you want to drop a new card every turn. Rather than list the BW lands here, here is a link to the most helpful decklist on this website: All the lands in a sorted list. I highly recommend bookmarking this wonderful tool.
Some other useful lands to consider, though these are not really budget-friendly: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth--this will turn all your non-mana producing lands into swamps, increasing the utility of cards like Rogue's Passage; Cabal Coffers a great card in any swamp-heavy deck--the utility of this card declines if you run many non-basic lands.
There are also a couple mana rocks you could use: Orzhov Signet is the most notable, since it is inexpensive, easy mana ramp. Orzhov Cluestone and Orzhov Keyrune are also decent options, as they each provide some extra utility. Costing three mana is a bit of a downside though.
To provide one final card to add: Crested Sunmare. This card allows you to quickly amass an army of indestructible 5/5s, particularly since you have methods of gaining life on each player's turn. At the very least, it provides you a sacrifice target which replaces itself.
I am a bit pressed for time now, but I'll review the decklist in more detail and try to find some cards you can cut.
1 week ago
No problem, friend! OH, I also forgot, definitely try out Crested Sunmare, Wurmcoil Engine and Requiem Angel if you're going more aggro; the last one is VERY good in this deck; especially if you're pumping out more tokens with Anointed, those cards will benefit a lot. The only reason I ended up not running it was that I'm not crazy about its heavier converted mana cost.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
How competitive do you want this deck to be? Currently, there is not much life gain in your deck. Especially with their only being 2 copies of Aetherflux Reservoir. If you want it as a win condition, you would need more copies. But because there are good artifact decks, there is a lot of artifact hate in the sideboard. I would recommend either going along with a tribal theme (cats or vampires) that has lifelink creatures so that you have a consistent plan to win if you do not come across Aetherflux Reservoir. Another card that could go in here is Crested Sunmare and Fumigate. Heck, you could even run a few copies of Approach of the Second Sun if you want. Hope this was able to help!
3 weeks ago
Suggestions Fumigate , Crested Sunmare , Aetherflux Reservoir , Rhox Faithmender Solemn Simulacrum , Gideon's InterventionGhostly Prison , Sword of Feast and Famine or any sword really, i think you need another 3 or so mana rocks like Mana Crypt Coldsteel Heart Basalt Monolith , Knight of the White Orchid(its a creatures that searches lands) , Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 month ago
And here are nonland suggestions, as well as thought process. Pick and choose which ones you like.
1x Alhammarret's Archive - makes Oloro even better at what he does: drawing cards and gaining life
1x Austere Command - a staple board wipe that's very cheap right now and very good against every deck in our meta
1x Azorius Signet - ramp
1x Blind Obedience - lifegain and it's very good against gishath and inalla
1x Boon Reflection - doubles lifegain
1x Chasm Skulker - tokens and combos with all the card draw you have
1x Chromatic Lantern - ramp and fixing, basically a must-have in every 3+ color deck. It is expensive though, so if you skip out on it I can't blame you
1x Crested Sunmare - triggers at the end of every turn, so it won't be long before you have an army of 5/5 indestructible horses
1x Cyclonic Rift - the best blue card in the format
1x Dimir Signet - ramp
1x Drogskol Reaver - it's like an Oloro that doesn't make you pay mana!
1x Exsanguinate - this can easily gain you 20-25 life, and in that case it's only for 7 mana. Flexible enough to be a small spell to get you a bit of life or a kill spell
1x Fact or Fiction - More card draw!
1x Luminarch Ascension - I know how much you love angels, and this is also a very viable win condition. Also good for Zur
1x Merciless Eviction - probably the best board wipe. It's good against K+T, it's good against Inalla, it's good against Meren.
1x Necropotence - this card is gross and at its cheapest ever right now. The "downside" of paying life doesn't even matter in your deck. Just make sure you don't overdraw! Which is why I suggested Thought Vessel as a replacement for some other ramp pieces just in case
1x Orzhov Signet - ramp
1x Rhox Faithmender - doubling effect. Imagine you have this out and 50 life and you cast Beacon of Immortality, you'd go straight to 150. And that's conservative for the amount of life you'll have by the time you can cast Beacon.
1x Sphinx's Revelation - draws cards and gains life
1x Swords to Plowshares - you have a lot of removal, but sometimes you need something for one mana
1 month ago
The problem with Blazing Volley and Fiery Cannonade are that they don't kill the Crested Sunmare, his horses, or Victory's Herald. Sweltering Suns doesn't solve the problem either. Only Hour of Devastation does that.