|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs Kiora||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||pskinn01 , Sparky41 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Kvothe1115 , rockleemyhero , rakdos24 , Tommuz , Nebman227 , brokendwarf , thekingpinBR , DrPopular|
|Want (2)||moonmonster , Atony1400|
Explosive Vegetation Discussion
1 day ago
I would run them all, and do in my Omnath build, but I think at least 4 or 5 total ramp spells are needed. Perilous Forays is great as it allows you to sac an elemental to get the bolt effect and then get a new elemental with the Omnath trigger; pure value.For card draw I have found Carnage Altar and Shamanic Revelation great. The efficiency of Skullclamp could e increased with a few sac outlets. Magmaw is an elemental and a useful sac outlet all in one.Last suggestion is Clan Defiance. I am never lacking targets and this is almost always a 3 for one.
3 days ago
Definitely need more ramp spells. By ramp, I mean any card that lets you add more mana than you should have on that turn (examples are cards like Sol Ring or Kodama's Reach). If you don't have the mana to cast your big spells, than it doesn't matter that those spells will change the game; you can't cast them! My suggestion is to add 4 lands and 7 more ramp spells, such as Selesnya Signet, Worn Powerstone, Explosive Vegetation, Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Dromoka Monument, and Wood Elves
3 days ago
Hey a really good idea!
Immediately I can spot a couple of issues though:firstly you have a couple of CMC 3 cards with Cascade.. these cards will cascade down into CMC 2/1 cards of which you dont have many.. so personally i dont think these are really worth it.
6 days ago
1 week ago
Looks like a good start.
Other Suggestions for cards to look at:
1 week ago
Walking Atlas, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Myriad Landscape, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, Skyshroud Claim and Blanchwood Armor spring to mind. Since all but one help you put out more forests you should replace forests for the cards you choose to use.
And you have 2 copies of Shape of the Wiitigo listed.
1 week ago
Cards i would cut and some replacement suggestions:
- Soul's Attendant: doesn't advance board state. Elvish Mystic.
- Essence Warden: ibid. Llanowar Elves
- Angel of Jubilation: really difficult mana base to achieve on turn 4. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
- Tolsimir Wolfblood: not enough impact late game. Angel of Sanctions
- Privileged Position: wipes should be your main worry and concern Fresh Meat.
- Collective Blessing: how can you be reliably sure there will be enough creatures to take advantage of this?
- Night Soil better of just running Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus token synergy notwithstanding.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: too mana hungry. Needs to just be lower in expense. How about Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
- Garruk Wildspeaker: planeswalkers are notoriously fragile. He ramps on turn 4 but i'd rather have a Explosive Vegetation or a Cultivate honestly with the mana problems this deck has.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter he's not bad I'd just find another way to draw cards. Maybe Slate of Ancestry.
- Champion of Lambholt you could use some more lower cmc token producers in place of these. You have a lot of cards that make tokens better early on which doesnt do you any good with no tokens. Maybe Awakening Zone.
Try some of the weird new embalm stuff from amonkhet as well. Can help you recover from boardwipes and utilize your left over doubling seasons etc.
2 weeks ago
I play tested this deck against my animar deck, Ataraxic89's Eldrazi Deck.
I played it twice. It performed very badly. Maybe just bad draws but I made sure it had at least 3 lands in hand.
Your mana costs are WAY too high for how little mana ramp you have. Which in green, there are no excuses.
Also, your lands are too slow. Now, this is a more expensive fix than the above 5 cards. But IMHO its better to have basic lands, than too many "slow" lands that enter tapped. I strongly suggest you reduce the number of "this land enters tapped" or "this land taps for colorless and does a neat thing" lands to 10 or less of all your lands. The exception being things like shock lands, such as Stomping Ground, or a checkland like Rootbound Crag.
Lastly, you need to remove some of your more expensive CMC cards. Your average is almost 5 cmc. Thats just too high.
You cant "Go Big" if you cant cast your cards.