|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Explosive Vegetation Discussion
13 hours ago
17 hours ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
3 days ago
Hey pal few suggestions:
(I'll be operating under the assumption you plan on switching to Surrak Dragonclaw later down the road)
Equipments can be good, but not really as much in this deck. Surrak doesn't just want the equipped creature to get through, he wants all your stuff to go through. That being said, some equips are good, like Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves as they can provide protection for your key pieces in the way of shroud.
There are many great ways to ramp up your available mana early game, and I'd strongly suggest you use a bunch of them for all your mana-hungry creatures. Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, Sprouting Vines/Seek the Horizon, and Oracle of Mul Daya are all pretty good in EDH. I'd say to take out Untamed Wilds, Unbridled Growth, and Map the Wastes among a few other cards to slot this good ramp in. Also, I'd suggest using the Signets instead of Fire Diamond and Izzet Cluestone. (Last second, throw Boundless Realms in for Nissa's Renewal. you have way too much going on at the 6 mark to be ramping)
Horrible Awful Creatures
I can't really think of much to add here, just a bunch of things to toss so here it goes!~
Tromokratis: A touch too expensive for my tastes. If he's there to get your guys through, he's doing a real bad job at it because you already have trample on them. Really just a waste at this rate.
Sphinx of Magosi: Similar problems with Trom. Real pricey, not super big or game-changing. While he'll draw you a few cards, there are a bunch of better cards out there for that.
Sagu Mauler: He's pretty good if he's all you have. I mean, Slippery Bogle is a modern staple for a reason. But I think that your creatures at the 5/6 slot should be a bit more than a dodgy 6/6 trample.
Prophet of Distortion: He's just bad. You only have 5 sources of the colorless mana he needs in order to work. He's not a good body, he won't draw you many (if any) cards, and he is frankly undeserving of a slot in this deck.
Phytotitan: I'm half and half on this. A 7/2 that sticks around a bunch could be good, depending on your meta. This one is up to you.
Pack Guardian: It's just bad. A 4/3 vanilla that lets you turn a land hand into a 2/2 vanilla. Wooo~
Oran-Rief Hydra: You don't have enough forests to have the best of him. Not really super great when you compare it to other things at the 6 slot.
Harbinger of the Hunt: Too pricey to board wipe with, too expensive to be a 5/3. Not very good.
Frontier Guide: You should have much better things to do with 4 mana. Isn't even big enough to consider swinging with if you've used all you mana MP1 or don't need more ramp.
Flamewake Phoenix: It's really just an annoying little bird. if anything, it'll get your big guys hated out so you stop pinging your opponents for 2 in the air every turn.
Right now, as far as actually finishing the game goes, I see 3 things in the deck that you might be able to win with. Avenger of Zendikar, if you can dump a bunch of lands on the board in one turn, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, and Hydra Broodmaster. I'd suggest finding a way to throw in any combination of Overrun, Pathbreaker Ibex, Beastmaster Ascension, or Craterhoof Behemoth.
Sorry about the long post, I'm just trying to help you in the only way I know how.
5 days ago
These are angels you could add
I think you could take out Emancipation Angel, Illusory Angel, Guardian Seraph, Indomitable Archangel, Lightkeeper of Emeria, Malach of the Dawn, Seraph of Dawn, Avenging Angel, Herald of the Host, Patron of the Valiant, Dawnbreak Reclaimer, Archangel, Angel of Salvation
Harsh Mercy seems good as well
It seems like your heavy hitters are 4 mana and up, so i think your ramp should cost less than 4. This way you're not decieding betweenn casting an angel or ramping for other angels. Maybe cut Explosive Vegetation for Rampant Growth. you could cut Belbe's Portal and Quicksilver Amulet for that same reasoning. You could add Simic Signet, Selesnya Signet and Azorius Signet for more ramp as well
You could run some anthems to pump your team as well, I think Door of Destinies could be really good in this type of deck
1 week ago
Nice deck! I have a couple ideas to share after looking at the list.
I have been loving Rishkar's Expertise myself recently, it seems pretty good here.
If you are still looking for more ramp spells, here are my favorites that you aren't using... Hunting Wilds, Ranger's Path and Skyshroud Claim can search up 2x "forest cards" like Cinder Glade not just basics. And also Explosive Vegetation, Far Wanderings, and Nissa's Pilgrimage are other solid 2 for 1 (or better) ramp spells. If you run them all you may want a few more basics in there though. I like the creatures you are using to discount other creature costs too actually, but if they are dying early or not providing enough mana (like if you are only casting one dragon per turn anyways) I might replace them with cards that get lands. Lands rarely die and can cast anything in the deck, not just the creature cards, which are actually only about 25% of the deck.
1 week ago
You definitely need more Lands (about 38 are required). Then I would add Urza's Incubator and Cards like Kodama's Reach. Wayfarer's Bauble and Explosive Vegetation are nice too. I think Quicksilver Amulet, Belbe's Portal, Selvala's Stampede, See the Unwritten and other cheat-in stuff would be great. Oh and an Avacyn, Angel of Hope would be dope, if you want to spend so much Money. And Archangel Avacyn Flip is nice too.
1 week ago
Generally speaking, what I like to do is split up my cards into categories like I did with my Karametra deck, then after playing a few games I see if say I find myself getting too many draw cards I can prioritize replacing those. Alternatively, see what roles the cards you want to put in take and replace accordingly. For example, Nissa is both draw and recursion so maybe replace her with a less optimal draw spell? (btw, she only needs to survive one(!) turn for her ult, definitely better than most (all?) planeswalkers). For specific cards, I don't know how your deck plays so I might make some bad decisions, but here goes: Undergrowth Champion seems like just a slow beater, especially since if you are adding hexproof giving cards that make his first ability worse. Do you need Relic of Progenitus when you have Stonecloaker? How good has White Sun's Zenith been? It seems like a wincon for a different deck, as you don't have haste and the genesis cards are much better x cards for karametra (not to mention white zenith nonbos with them). Otherwise, I guess taking out slower mana dorks like Sylvan Caryatid is not a bad option since they are less good in Karametra if they don't cantrip or something. Or just slower ramp cards in general like Explosive Vegetation that don't let you get Karametra out faster and don't get utility lands. Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
that sounds like it would work. maybe some green ramp such as Explosive Vegetation or Cultivate wuold be nice. Also, Sol Ring is a must, with it enabling you to get higher up mana, ni order to ramp up colors. cards like Command Tower are good for color fixing, if casting progentius is your main goal.