|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||None|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Explosive Vegetation Discussion
3 hours ago
I only run 12 Mountains, including 4x duals. You've got 17 including your duals. Dropping down 5+ Mountains with 2x Valakut in play is 10+ Lightning Bolts, which is essentially a board wipe or enough to just knock out a player. I run less mountains than you and it's still my win-con, or at least a major player, in most of my games. It also adds value to Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Explosive Vegetation, Recross the Paths, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim, and Verdant Confluence by adding a burn element to each of them if you chose.
7 hours ago
TBH your opponent in that game played like shit and probably doesn't have a lot of experience with control.
Firstly, he should have countered Explosive Vegetation. If you're at a point in the game where you're literally discarding because your opponent isn't playing spells, then you should have 5-7 counters in hand and absolutely hit that ramp spell with ye olde "nope".
Secondly, he played Niv in a way that tapped him out? It was obvious you were stalling, time is on the side of the control player, this guy had zero patience. Honestly this guy needs to either re-orient himself to understand how to play control, or he just needs to play something else. RDW sounds right up his aisle.
Anyways, as for myself, I don't have much tendency to make other players salty at the table, but I do have a tendency to make myself pretty damn salty. I have a habit of being extremely self-critical, in Magic or out, so when I recognize a misplay, especially if it cost me the game, that really frustrates me. If I recognize a series of major misplays, especially spanning across multiple games, expect me to get really fucking salty about it.
Honestly TypicalTimmy, if I was in your opponent's shoes in that match I'd be salty too, but not because of what you did, because of how badly I screwed that up.
8 hours ago
Anyone have a recent game (Any format) where you made someone super salty? Was that person you? Do you need a hug :c
- Be me, playing 98% vanilla Windgrace precon
- Only swapped out two cards. A basic Forest and Worm Harvest for a Xenagos, the Reveler and a Garruk, Apex Predator
- Playing a game at my LGS; 1v1. He's using a Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind deck
- I understand he wants to draw into a ton of cards, pinging me for 1 damage as a wincon. But I also understand that Nivvyboi costs 6 to play and I'm up against blue
- So, we play the waiting game
- Turn after turn after turn I play literally nothing. I took an opening hand of 5 lands just for this occasion. Eventually I play a single Explosive Vegetation to get even more lands
- He's getting super mad, having to discard because I'm not playing any spells worth countering
- He brings out a Baral, Chief of Compliance and eventually enough lands to drop Nivvy
- K. So since he's tapped out, I drop Avenger of Zendikar and dump 8x 0/1 Plant tokens on the field
- Uber pissed at this point, but I'm just getting started
- The next turn he draws and decides to ping one of my 0/1 Plant tokens for 1 damage, bringing me down to 7 tokens left. He taps Nivvy and ping's me for 1 damage, draws, and passes with 7 or 8 lands untapped and a hand full of cards at his disposal
- I draw, smile, and proceed
- "I play Terramorphic Expanse and sac it for a Swamp. Pay , sac Jund Panorama and search for a Forest. Pay and sac Myriad Landscape for two Mountains."
- "ARE YOU DONE YET?!"
- "No. I Putrefy your Baral, Chief of Compliance. Does it resolve?"
- He looks over his hand, checks his lands, and agrees that Baral becomes to stinky and dies
- "Cool. Full Swing I swing for game."
- His expression drops and he goes "Wait, WHAT?! HOW?!"
- "I had five lands enter this turn. Avenger of Zendikar puts a +1/+1 counter on every Plant creature whenever a land hits, because of his Landfall. So Avenger is a 5/5 and I am swinging with seven 5/6 tokens. That's 40 damage."
- He burns through his hand looking for a response, but nothing is there to save him. He takes the full 40 to the face and becomes plant food
I had to check the math to make sure I did my land count correctly. I had 8 lands when AoZ entered because I had 8 tokens. He killed one, bringing me down to 7.
8 lands, I play TE as my 9th. Swamp enters tapped.
I pay 1 and sac JP, bringing me down from 8 available mana to 6 (Sac'd land + tapped land)
Then I pay 2 and sac ML, bringing me down to 3 lands left (Sac'd land + 2 tapped)
That's how I played Putrefy with all that activation.
1 week ago
I'd take out the staffs and find some more ramp and card draw.
1 week ago
punkrawkmonkey - Burnished Hart was on the consideration list but ultimately didn't make the cut. This was mainly due to the fact that the 6 mana required to get two lands in tapped is more than the 4 mana required for Explosive Vegetation; thus it is less efficient. It is true that it is repeatable, but by the time I feel that I will have the extra mana around to repeat the effect, I likely have enough mana to do most of what I want to do anyway. Memnarch is a fine card, but it is slow and really doesn't have any incredible synergy with the rest of the list. To touch on the self-mill aspect; yes, it is a viable thing to build the entire engine around, but it isn't exactly what I want to do with the list. I like Muldrotha as a commander more for the repeatable effects than for the idea of trying to completely fill my graveyard to find the same cards every game. I think that style gets a bit dull both to play and to play against. Living Death is certainly a card I may want in the list, I'll just need to test it. Yawgmoth's Will is likely going to take a back seat for now simply because I don't own it and it is pricey. Mystic Remora will probably find a spot in the list alongside Rhystic Study. Finally, I'll probably pass on Glen Elendra Archmage because I don't feel like being the person nobody wants to play against, and it's also expensive.
1 week ago
Looks like a good start! I don't think your land count is high enough to benefit from Azusa, so you should swap it out for something like Skyshroud Claim. Burnished Hart is also weaker than green options like Explosive Vegetation or even Kodama's Reach. Since you are playing green you have access to very good ramp spells like these, so you don't need so many of the tapped lands that produce multiple colors.
Crypt of Agadeem won't do much for you because you don't have enough black creatures or enough ways to fill your graveyard. Temple of the False God will produce 0 mana for the first few turns so is probably not worth including. Since your deck doesn't have many dragons Sarkhan isn't that helpful.
I don't think Spiteful Motives is good in EDH at 4 CMC either.
If you're playing with Sunforger, Crackling Doom is another good instant.
I'll leave it at that for now. Play with the deck and see how it goes. Good luck!
1 week ago
Memnarch is another artifact creature and obviously insanely good in Commander.
If you feel like being degenerate, Glen Elendra Archmage is dumb in this deck too..
2 weeks ago
Maybe: Cryptolith Rite
Note's: You are running a lot of ramp that touches only forests or basics, if you are going to include big ramp like traverse the out lands too and the basic grabbing lands which is an improvement to the garrisons I would increase your basic count maybe cut some of the tap lands.