|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Legendary Creature — Human Monk
You may play two additional lands on each of your turns.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Azusa, Lost but Seeking Discussion
11 hours ago
Sorry about that, I've now re-enabled it.
I don't think I have enough sac lands for Loam. PlusCrucible of Worlds fills that slot.
2 days ago
3 days ago
This is usually my hierarchy:
- I use as many fetchlands & original dual lands I can afford.
- I then use anything that a fetchland can grab, ie shocklands.
- I fill the try to fill the rest of lands with all color producing lands, like Command Tower, Grand Coliseum, City of Brass etc.
- Artifact staples Gilded Lotus, Darksteel Ingot, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, etc
- I use some sort of green ramp package:
- Tap Creatures Bloom Tender, Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Caryatid,
- ETB / Sac creatures Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum etc
- Fetch sorcs Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim etc
- Extra land drop Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Explore, Oracle of Mul Daya etc
Those are usually the steps I go through to get 5 colors in to a deck. The key is to playtest it so you can tell if you are getting the ramp out or not consistently. Always start with more and then narrow it down if you get flooded with mana too often. Nothing worse than getting mana screwed in 5 colors!
4 days ago
If you are intending to build a landfall deck, have you considered playing Omnath, Locus of Rage as the commander and Mina/Denn in the 99? It seems to me like it's easier to ramp than dig through your deck for good landfall effects.
Regardless, one of the best Landfall effects in the game is Avenger of Zendikar. Might find a home here :)
Horn of Greed gives you a lot of land ramp: usually twice as much as any of your opponents.
You might also find some good options if you look up Azusa, Lost but Seeking decks: they're well-adapted to close out games with a lot of mana.
6 days ago
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
I'll second the jhoira nomination seeing as though the reprint we're getting looks amazing.
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy is good at controlled chaos
Norin the Wary is chaos incarnate.
i've had no trouble finding a commander cause I just focus on commanders i've found to love. Azusa, Lost but Seeking, and Norin are such but mostly azusa. If I want to get a feel of a new commander, i'll build it here and see if It fits my playstyle or help someone who asks. (ill look through the decks when I get home). The most recent commander to garner my attention is Ayesha Tanaka because 90s mechanics really should not be brought back.
1 week ago
If you want just a little more ramp, consider Azusa, Lost but Seeking. Very expensive, but crazy ramp.