|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards and/or Gate cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (22)||ironax , Fleshxandxbone , marcus638 , mziter501 , SirFowler , webdokkeren , redlegs_17 , REV666 , EliGjerdingen , switchkill65 , LoneCrusader399 , joshw335 , frederiklw , Reliva , superdude2431 , Melmo , Epidilius , The_Munchkin , Va1mar , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , mazrimtaim , Horizon97|
|Want (3)||vashaclarens , helium2 , binarysecond|
Circuitous Route Discussion
7 minutes ago
Hey, interesting version of Omnath, I really like the deck name :)
Budget cards ($5 or less each) that I think can help your deck to consider adding:
- Cinder Glade : dual land to tutor for with Farseek, Lore, Claim, Spoils, etc.
- Sheltered Thicket : same as Glade.
- Stomping Ground : same as Glade, only nonbudget card I'm suggesting.
- Jund Panorama : budget fetch land.
- Naya Panorama
- Horn of Greed : draw cards when lands ETB.
- Elemental Bond : draw cards when Beasts or Elementals are created, etc.
- Greater Good : sac Elementals to draw and do damage to opponents.
- Sol Ring : one of the best cards in Commander helps to ramp into Omnath.
- Fierce Empath : budget tutor for Avenger, Rampaging, Liege, etc.
- Signal the Clans : same as Empath, but an instant.
- Nissa, Vital Force : repeatable effects for lands; makes a land an attacker with haste, recur a land or any other permanent card, fast ultimate draw when lands ETB.
- Ramunap Excavator : play lands from your graveyard good with Wilds, Expanse, Panoramas, etc.
- Lotus Cobra : good mana ramp with all the land ramp spells.
- Llanowar Scout : play a land from your hand.
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn : budget more play additional lands per turn.
- Courser of Kruphix : play lands from the top of your library.
- Nature's Lore : tutor for a dual land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Rampant Growth
- Circuitous Route : another Explosive Vegetation .
- Beast Within : permanent removal.
- Chaos Warp
Cards to consider cutting:
- Scourge of Geier Reach
- Taurean Mauler
- Tyrant of Discord
- Elfhame Sanctuary
- Gruul War Chant
- Argentum Armor
- Lay of the Land
- Sprouting Vines
- Map the Wastes
- Untamed Wilds
- Natural Connection
- Retreat to Kazandu
- One with Nature
- Seer's Sundial
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Makes sense. I'm not running land recursion in Tatyova Druids. Since it functions more like an Elfball deck, the margins are obviously going to be a bit different. I love me some Hour of Promise , because Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is basically Gaea's Cradle in that deck. I do think you should run Hunting Wilds and Ranger's Path over Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route , though. You've got 3 Mountain Forests, so it seems to be all upside. And, yeah, I'm in the same boat with owning Burgeoning , but not Exploration $$$
1 week ago
Hi! Great deck. May I suggest a few changes? Cut Pillar of Origins for any Signet. It only helps you to cast 30% of your deck, so why not play a card that helps you with all of them? I think you need a lot more ramp to get Gishath, Sun's Avatar out as quickly as possible. Cards like Explosive Vegetation , Skyshroud Claim Circuitous Route , Rampant Growth etc. Check out my version of Gishath, it may give you a few ideas and you might be able to give me some too. Cheers!
1 week ago
This looks amazing! I'd consider switching some or all of your Gatecreeper Vine with District Guide . Although the guide is  more expensive, you have a lot of two-drops and this would maybe better help your mana-curve. And, of course, a 2/2 is better than a 0/2. A few other interesting cards I've seen in standard Gate decks that you may like:
- Wayward Swordtooth lets you drop out two lands at a time
- Circuitous Route can bring you two gates closer by turn 4 (three gates if you play one, then cast Route and bring out two more with that)
- Wilderness Reclamation can act as a cheaper Prophet of Kruphix (although it's not entirely as beneficial).
I hope something here was helpful. I'd really appreciate it if you'd give me advice on one of my decks, like Azorius Airstrike or Humans to Demons (both modern) or Boros Strike (standard). Thank you so much!
1 week ago
I will second multimedia on some of the suggestions...
Sol Ring has a legit claim as the best card in commander
Acidic Slime is such versatile removal and leaves you with a 2/2 that will trade with someone's best [and likely much bigger] creature because of the deathtouch, plus consider that if you have Thantis, the Warweaver in play, your opponents will be attacking each round and you are the likely target because of the spider.
Fierce Empath is great for making sure you have that bruiser to cast once you have all of these lovely lands in play
Cheap duals that you should look at adding -
Sheltered Thicket and Canyon Slough . Not too expensive, can cycle for card draw in a pinch without your commander out and then be brought back into play with his -3 plus they have the Swamp/Forest/Mountain type [subtype?] that lets them be fetched with Farseek though Wood Elves / Nature's Lore will only fetch the Thicket. You can always splurge on the relevant shocklands to round out the cycle.
I would also swap out the 'Refuge' lands for the appropriate guildgates so Circuitous Route can do better color fixing for you. Farhaven Elf might want to become District Guide for the same reason but you do lose getting the land in play.
Omnath, Locus of Rage could definitely find a nice home in this deck as well.
Not quite as budget as Multi, but I tried to keep suggestions under $5.
1 week ago
I could but i wouldn't know what to cut, as you can see it is in my maybeboard. Personally i am not runnning it right know as it leaves a dead turn when you play it on turn 4 the advantage that the Thaumatic Compass Flip + Wayward Swordtooth gives is that you can ramp in a more active manner giving you a 'free' threat later if not removed. That being said i can see the advantage of a an easier way to ramp. If you are planning on making a similar deck i would recommend cutting The Mending of Dominaria . Against aggro this card is way to slow and before a Scapeshift turn it does similar things to Circuitous Route . So yeah you could certainly add Circuitous Route but i feel their is nothing i would want to cut it for besides maybe The Mending of Dominaria but the upside of this card against control is too big to ignore.
2 weeks ago
@KamiKasper - It's funny you mention that. I've been brewing a version of Amulet Titan that uses Hive Mind as a draw engine. Temur Gate Mind. It's not budget like this deck is, but it's been a lot of fun in play testing.
Circuitous Route is fine, but I prefer the titan as it's re-usable when attacking and makes for a great defender along with Wayward Swordtooth and the combination of the two gives me a beats offense if they Extirpate Maze's End or something.
2 weeks ago
Once a Circuitous Route hits it feels like it's nearly impossible to keep a Gate Colossus threat at bay especially in conjunction with Guild Summit . I got pummeled by some guy's Gate deck on Arena the other day two games in a row after matching with him again. It was truly inspiring.
Circuitous Route occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
All decks: 0.43%