|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (5)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Deoxon , Pumpkinking913 , PTsmitty , ZeBear|
|Want (6)||Aragon_Neotrix , Kagu11 , skydivingninja , gariox , freeze0583261 , Gilzon|
Rampant Growth Discussion
8 hours ago
That is fair, and I see why you’re rollin with what you are.
Oath of Kaya is bonkers in a creature meta, idk where your meta is though so...?
Oath of Jace ’s ETB is pretty good and the scrying on your upkeep essentially becomes stacking your deck, at a certain point.
1 day ago
Hey, nice changes, Xenagos is a hell of a fun card. He's especially good as the Commander of a deck with Greater Good :)
Now that you have Stomping Ground and Sheltered Thicket consider Nature's Lore or Farseek replacing Rampant Growth ? Lore or Farseek is good land ramp because it can search for a Forest dual land, much better than Growth. Cinder Glade is another Forest dual land to consider for the manabase.
Dragonlair Spider , Hanweir Garrison and Ant Queen are budget creatures who are sources of tokens. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Xenagos, the Reveler are Planeswalkers who won't break the bank are sources of tokens. Another direction to consider since you added both Rabblemaster and Warboss is adding Krenko, Mob Boss . Krenko can be a source of lots of Goblin tokens.
2 days ago
2 days ago
Dance of the Dead is on the "pricier" side, but you're right - a 2 mana enchantment that reanimates is too good to pass up, especially in this deck. I'll try and work it into the cost.
(ok, it's more than $1 but it's too good)
Razaketh, the Foulblooded (I have an extra copy)
Again, I appreciate the help!
2 days ago
I still feel bad that I chimed in on post with nothing of actual relevancy, so I'm going to review and with those limitations in mind, I will conjure out a more productive and helpful post regarding the actual deck.
First recommendation would be to swap out Elvish Rejuvenator for Wood Elves . Rampant Growth is strictly worse than Nature's Lore . Both Nature's Lore and Wood Elves can fetch your temple garden and breeding pool at best and at worst, they get you a forest.
Will be going over the list for more optimization within the aforementioned limitations, please be patient as I am always working on my main deck while helping about two other people I promised to help on their list.
2 days ago
Since you're running mana doublers ( Wilderness Reclamation , Zendikar Resurgent ), you should stick to land ramp: Nature's Lore , Farseek , Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , Spoils of Victory , Skyshroud Claim , Hour of Promise .
4 days ago
Don't like Voidslime , Dissipate , Library of Leng , cut some of the redundant slivers, your commander can tutor you can search for the slivers you need. Add in more ramp, Farseek , Rampant Growth , Nature's Lore . Cut some of the greedier cards and replace them with cheaper effects. like Swan Song , Stubborn Denial , Dispell for the counterspells. add in more interaction, Abrupt Decay , Path to Exile , etc. What way do you want to focus the deck, if combo or combat?
6 days ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
Rampant Growth occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.14%
G/U (Simic): 1.04%
RG (Gruul): 1.43%
RGW (Naya): 1.79%