|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Seaside Citadel enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add , , or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||rockleemyhero , mtgmanatee , Famicomania , TheRealPeaches , bakunet , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , angesoir , killstars , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Xunfor6iv3nX , Reliva ,|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , gamerhat , Candyman949 , No1HanSolo|
Seaside Citadel Discussion
1 week ago
This is probably the first time I've ever said this, but you are actually running too many lands. I would cut back to 38 at minimum, maybe more than that depending on what you add back. I'd suggest putting in more ramp to replace some of those lands - Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, Rampant Growth, there's tons of options here. You probably want more dual lands if you have them, and Spire of Industry in particular seems out of place given the low artifact count. Seaside Citadel would be good. You may also be interested in Cathedral of War. Rafiq is a great commander - have fun!
1 month ago
IN - OUT
- Canopy Vista for Forest
- Dragonskull Summit for Crumbling Necropolis
- Sunpetal Grove for Seaside Citadel
- Cascading Cataracts for Evolving Wilds
- Drowned Catacomb for Swamp
- Quicksilver Amulet for Dreamstone Hedron
- Phyrexian Arena for Frontier Siege
- Kindred Discovery for Fearsome Awakening
- Prismatic Geoscope for Belbe's Portal
- Return to Dust for Fortunate Few
- Exotic Orchard for Island
- Birds of Paradise for Crosis, the Purger
- Selvala, Explorer Returned for Spellbound Dragon
1 month ago
My suggestion is do these three things:
1.) I'd take out Blooming Marsh, Cascading Cataracts, Crucible of the Spirit Dragon, Inventors' Fair, Spire of Industry. There are better options that aren't an arm and leg. Some suggestions are the wedge and shards lands:
- Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Frontier Bivouac, Jungle Shrine, Mystic Monastery, Nomad Outpost, Opulent Palace, Sandsteppe Citadel, Savage Lands, Seaside Citadel
2.) Add at least 2 more lands (I personally run 38 lands) to help fix the lack of land draw.
3.) Additionally, I'd focus on 2 to 3 specific colors to help with the lack of efficient mana fixing in the deck.
After that, I'd test that out and see how the deck works then.
1 month ago
I'm pleasantly surprised you chose Mystics over Prophets. Now we can run Bird Wizards TOGETHER!
The curve is great and the top end is powerful. Your instants help you be tricksy.
I see very little payoff for the UrzaTron lands in your deck. You have some top end and one X spell. Consider other value lands instead.
1 month ago
Hey, good job in the Commander league.
Haste is an ability you really want with Silvers, you already have Heart Sliver which is good, but I suggest also adding Blur Sliver and Firewake Sliver. Crystalline Sliver has already been suggested, but I'm going to suggest it again since it can be a game winning two drop Sliver. You already have Winged Sliver, but I suggest also adding Galerider Sliver more flying evasion and it's a one drop Sliver.
Harmonic Sliver can be devastating to your opponents. This Sliver is so good that some nonSliver decks play it because it gives you value when it ETB. The ability it gives Silvers when they ETB is not a may ability if your opponents don't control any artifacts or enchantments and you do then you must destroy one of your own. To prevent this play Darksteel Ingot. It's a three drop Rainbow mana rock with indestructible, it can't be destroyed. Target it with Slivers who ETB to prevent having to destroy your own.
A couple of underrated Slivers who can draw a lot of cards to consider adding: Synapse Sliver and Dormant Sliver. Hibernation Sliver is also underrated as it can save any Sliver from removal, board wipes, exile, etc. It's ability has no mana cost and doesn't target, it can be used with any Sliver who has shroud, you can save Crystalline for the cost of 2 life.
Sliver Queen has already been suggested and if you want to win with an infinite combo with Slivers then it's the best Sliver to include. Horned Sliver has also been mentioned, it's great with Sliver Hivelord giving it trample.
Amoeboid Changeling and Unnatural Selection can make any creature an opponent controls into a Sliver letting Overlord permanently gain control of that creature adding it to your Sliver army. Mirror Entity can be a Sliver, it's a Changeling and it can pump an entire army of Slivers. All Slivers get this power and toughness boost while keeping all their abilities.
Cards to consider adding:
- Crystalline Sliver
- Galerider Sliver
- Harmonic Sliver
- Firewake Sliver
- Amoeboid Changeling
- Mirror Entity
- Unnatural Selection
- Blur Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver
- Synapse Sliver
- Dormant Sliver
- Horned Sliver
- Darksteel Ingot
- Kodama's Reach
Cards to consider cutting:
- Steelform Sliver
- Sliver Construct
- Reflex Sliver
- Plated Sliver
- Opaline Unicorn
- Mistform Sliver
- Groundshaker Sliver
- Diffusion Sliver
- Blazing Volley
- Stinging Shot
- Reduce / Rubble
- 6x Lands
Lands to consider adding to upgrade the manabase:
- Command Tower: best Rainbow land for a five color manabase in Commander, only $1.
- Exotic Orchard: budget Rainbow land.
- Unclaimed Territory: budget Rainbow land to cast Slivers.
- City of Brass: Raindow land, but $6.
- Path of Ancestry: ETB tapped Rainbow land, the scry if using it to cast a Sliver is very good.
- Grand Coliseum: ETB tapped Rainbow land.
- Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Prairie Stream, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh: Battle lands are good with Basic lands and Farseek since it can fetch one of them.
If choosing to play ETB tapped lands such as Blossoming Sands instead consider the Tri-lands: Jungle Shrine, Seaside Citadel, Savage Lands, Frontier Bivouac, Opulent Palace, etc? These lands ETB tapped, but can make one of three different colors instead of only two.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Taeguk, I've read your comments more closely. That Birthing Pod, Felidar Guardian combo does look insane. I feel like I really want a way to more consistently get Birthing Pod into play. Any thoughts on Fabricate or tutors in general? I've acquired a Wargate which could be good as well. Other than ramp and creatures you don't seem to run them in your deck. Could also be used to grab Panharmonicon.
Im used to mana rocks as ramp and colour fixing I need to adjust and trust the green ramp cards a bit more.
Mana Base. Partly for budget reasons, partly for pre-con laziness. Im not on the Wastes bandwagon yet, since I so far only have one card that needs colourless mana, and thats in an activated ability. I feel like I need to get a number of games under my belt before having a good opinion. As I said, the mana base is weak and I will upgrade it over time as I gain experience with the deck and become willing to pay for fetchlands, etc. I dont like lands that come into play tapped, there better be a big upside. Faerie Conclave , Rupture Spire, Secluded Steppe, Transguild Promenade are coming out. I dont really like the bounce lands very much, but they along with Seaside Citadel are staying in until I acquire better fixers. Opal Palace is staying in for now, it comes in untapped, gives me colourless mana and can fix in a pinch. Im eying the signets and the Caravan for the chopping block. Goldfishing the deck I think I may actually might have too many mana sources which is pretty strange. Ghost Quarter is going in (Strip Mine is better of course but I dont have one). Land destruction, Blood Moon and the like are not big concerns in my meta so Im not too worried about non-basic lands. Temple of the False God Im on the fence about. It feels great to play on turn 4 or 5, awful before that, meh turn 6 and beyond.
Youre probably right about Rite of Replication, but dammit I dont care what you say, Im not taking out until I cast it at least once before I take it out!
Day of Judgment is possibly on its way out? Its probably not great in this deck but feels odd not to have a board wipe. Something else maybe?
Win Conditions. Yeah I need one. The deck looks super fun to durdle around but I probably need more than Armada Wurm.
3 months ago
Hey there! Cool deck you have here! I have a few suggestions for you:
- First of all, I would highly recommend going down to 60 cards, the minimum deck size. There's a long and complicated reason for this, but suffice it to say every card you add over 60, you reduce your chances of drawing your best cards.
- Because of that, I'd cut: 2 Seaside Citadel, 2 Chained Throatseeker, 3 Dragon Fangs, 2 Core Prowler, 2 Spellskite, 2 Viral Drake, 2 Fuel for the Cause, 2 Leeching Bite, and 3 Turn Aside.
- I would recommend running a lot of pump spells. There are your classic ones like Giant Growth, Might of Old Krosa, and Vines of Vastwood, but you also get cool ones like Invigorate. If you're looking for more cards to cut, I'd start with your enchantments and noncreature artifacts, as none of them are particularly strong in a 60-card format. EDH, sure, but not so much in Legacy or Modern.