|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Mythic Rare|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||warcry02 , Dr_Jay , TheDuggernaught , Ferritt , metlguy , cklise , dplerner , Big-Foot , Forkbeard , MagnaAura , Vasbear1 , angesoir , mlouden03 , DarkMagician , brentkc49 , Joblaska|
|Want (15)||oryandaw , Turtlelover73 , Riders_of_Brohan , TheDuggernaught , Atavistic , brokendwarf , sneferie , Psycheretic , Doom_of_Valyria , PembrokeWelshCorgi , Jonnybidon , ryuzaki32667 , rakdos24 , No1HanSolo ,|
Mirari's Wake Discussion
3 days ago
Grand Abolisher, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Champion of the Parish, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Karametra, God of Harvests, Captain of the Watch, Crusader of Odric, Recruiter of the Guard, Bruna, the Fading Light, Gisela, the Broken Blade, Geist-Honored Monk, Soul Warden, Riders of Gavony, Sun Titan, Yisan Chord, God's Wrath, Heroic Intervention, Kindred Summons, Second Harvest, Sundering Growth, Enlightened Tutor, Bow of Nylea, Rhonas's Monument, Beastmaster Ascension, Mirari's Wake, Aura Shards, Glorious Anthem, True Conviction, Parallel Lives, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Akroma's Memorial
3 days ago
Thanks for the feedback bud, I'm going to respond to some of the cards individually to give a more clear explanation for why I put them in there, and then we can maybe chat more about alternatives to some of the suggested cards. I'm planning on removing the Testing cards because I think it is a misnomer. Those are cards that weren't in a lot of other Sigarda decks, not particularly cards that I wanted the most feedback on. But that's my fault for not clarifying.
- Beastmaster Ascension, Cathars' Crusade, Door of Destinies, and True Conviction are what I would consider the primary win condition cards of the deck. They do generate a lot of heat, but that's why there are four of them. Hopefully during a game I would expect to see two of them. To be honest, I much prefer counters over static effects for two reasons: they stick around when the buff is removed, and static effects turn off things like Mentor of the Meek.
- Bow of Nylea is primarily in the deck because people don't like blocking deathtouch creatures. The activated abilities are insignificant in my opinion. If i have extra mana before my next untap phase I will add a +1/+1 counter to Sigarda, or tuck four cards back in my library if Angel of Glory's Rise is dead. I could definitely see the argument for cutting this card, and you mention better stuff, but do you have any recommendations for a mass combat enabler?
- Descendants' Path and Duskwatch Recruiter Flip are a way of seeing more of my deck. Selensya doesn't have a lot of multiple draw cards, and the ones that do are typically creature specific. The only card I would be genuinely sad to tuck is Angel of Glory's Rise, and both of these cards would either cast her, or put her into my hand. Also keep in mind I have 9 cards that make me shuffle my deck, or tucking things to the bottom of my library doesn't mean I won't see them. Also I don't want Duskwatch Recruiter Flip to flip, his activated ability is significantly more impactful than the generic ramp, in my opinion.
- The main difference between Grand Abolisher and Dosan the Falling Leaf is that Grand Abolisher stops people from doing things on my turn, Dosan the Falling Leaf forces people to play instants at sorcery speed, and doesn't stop activated abilities. I think Dosan either fizzles to things that I want to stop (Karlov of the Ghost Council, Spore Frog, and sacrifice effects), and only really messes with spellslinger type decks.
- I like Eerie Interlude when someone has Nevinyrral's Disk type effects out, but until you know someone has a board wipe, or you're going to combo it with your own board wipe, you're basically holding up three mana all the time. I would love suggestions on a permanent that will do this instead.
- I understand Magus of the Disk and Shaman of Forgotten Ways are removal targets, and that they have to survive a full rotation, but keep in mind that besides a board wipe, they both require two removal interactions because Sigarda, Heron's Grace will be out anytime they are. Magus of the Disk is in here to combo with Odric, Lunarch Marshal, though I admit that combo is a little jank. Shaman of Forgotten Ways is in there to shut down some of the lifegain elements or many of the decks I've seen, and because with the exception of a token deck, I expect to have the most number of creatures out. If you were to cut these two cards, what would you replace with them?
- Oblivion Ring is okay. I intentionally picked him over Fiend Hunter or Banisher Priest because enchantments have the least amount of removal, compared to the other nonland permanent types. If I was in Orzhov I would cut this for Anguished Unmaking or some similar effect.
- Thalia's Lancers: Don't forget Bow of Nylea and Tamiyo's Journal are also tutorable. Though most of the time I would be tutoring for one of the Odrics, or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa late game for the win.
- Werebear to me is the perfect mana dork. If I see him early, he provides me with a lot of ramp. If I see him late, he's a 5/5 human for CMC 2. There are a lot of Human mana dorks, but none of them save Shaman of Forgotten Ways does anything else of use.
Sorry that was longer than expected. About your recommendations:
- Bruna, the Fading Light and Gisela, the Broken Blade: To see for Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, you'd have to draw both of those, or one and Thalia's Lancers. The chance of seeing that happen in a game is somewhere in the ballpark of 10% after seeing 20 cards, so not great. I'm not really sure they have enough value on their own to justify that, I'd rather invest two slots in things that help my already big creatures get damage through.
- Sun Titan: Does not fit the tribal restrictions. Also, I don't really want a recursion sub-theme. There are cards to do it, but in my opinion, if you're going to do recursion, you want an engine of sorts, and that is getting too close to Marchesa. Plus recurring creatures doesn't really have a win condition unless it is an engine. They are valuable sure, but that's why Angel of Glory's Rise is the only recursion card in here.
- Oketra's Monument: I've never been a super fan of reducing generic mana costs, but only three of the white creatures won't benefit from this. I really wish the tokens were Humans, but to be honest this is a definitely maybe to include. I'm not sure what I would swap this with though, any opinions?
- Hero of Bladehold: Same slight problem with Oketra's Monument, but from my research, I can't find many good Human token generators. I might swap this with Angelic Overseer.
- Marshal's Anthem: Its CMC 4 to cast, and CMC 2*X to bring back. Unless I have Mirari's Wake out, I'm probably only bringing back 1 or 2 creatures, and the +1/+1 isn't really significant enough in my opinion. I'd rather try and fit in Collective Blessing somewhere.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Flip: I think this card is really cool, and I think that I wouldn't cast this unless it was going to flip the same turn. Having Gaea's Cradle for CMC 3 can be really powerful, but I don't really know what ramp I would cut. Maybe Karametra, God of Harvests? The only problem I'm seeing with this is that it is mana not , and the overwhelming majority of stuff I want to do is in white.
I would love more draw, but there isn't a lot of good draw sources in Selesnya that I can find. Have you found any that you would recommend? The main reason I have a low CMC is because all of the things I have to draw with cost mana, Like investigating, Mentor of the Meek, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, etc. So the hope is to be able to funnel the extra mana into those draw sources. I have not really addressed the lands as of yet, but if from playtesting Reliquary Tower is needed, I'll slot it in, but I think Thought Vessel is a waste unless you are drawing an exponential amount of cast from things like Rhystic Study.
I have some cards that I'm interested in getting your opinion on, and some potential swaps that I'd also like you opinion on. I'll redo the Testing category and the maybeboard, then ask you to reconvene later if that's okay?
1 week ago
Here are some more suggestions: Broodmate Dragon, Territorial Hellkite, Crucible of the Spirit Dragon, Cascading Cataracts, Path of Ancestry, Unclaimed Territory, Mirari's Wake, Kindred Discovery, Mirror of the Forebears, Coalition Relic, Crucible of Fire.
1 week ago
The Puresteel Paladin only checks artifacts for the equip , not equipments. If 1 of the artifacts is an Ancient Den + Chrome Mox, playing a Sword of Fire and Ice lets me draw and equip that turn. If Ancient Den was simply a Plains I would have to wait till another artifact comes out, or pay the equip costs. It doesnt happen all the time, but when it gave me a turn faster equip was very awesome.
Teferi's Protection is great, some combo wins it still doesnt stop, it really needs split second, like really really. But all round, its done its fair share protecting me from board wipe, mass removal (like Cyclonic Rift overload and such, even dodges Merciless Eviction)
Mirari's Wake not sure what I would do with the mana? Im trying to kill fast with infect, I found it too slow for what I was trying to do. Late game I try and tutor infinite life combo and Felidar Sovereign. I didnt like that it strengthened my standard win con for late game, wanted a completely different one. But its always a consideration.
1 week ago
Spirits Thanks- I love my deck! I actually use Sterling Grove for the protection part- there is a LOT of enchantment removal out there, & people hate on Duelist's Heritage, Mirari's Wake, & Aura Shards.. & when I'm dominating the table, they also hate on Asceticism, Sigarda's Aid, & even Sylvan Library. Nobody wants to waste their targeted removal on something that simply prevents what you care about from being targeted- & then I can sac it to get something else. Mirari's Wake & Aura Shards are instantly removed by someone if I can't protect them, & as soon as I start doing something crazy with Duelist's Heritage, like hitting double with Eminence while equipped with Sword of Fire and Ice and a Quietus Spike, then Duelist's Heritage gets targeted, too. The shroud on enchantments is helpful when your enchantments are kicking ass.
That brings me to Sensei's Divining Top; it is definitely redundant with Sylvan Library out, but that is exactly what I want! The effect is so powerful that people will try to take them out when you start winning, but it is not only twice as likely to end up in your hand, it is also twice as difficult to get rid of if both are out. Plus, though I prefer Sylvan Library, it doesn't protect itself from removal like Sensei's Divining Top does.
Sword of Vengeance is just very good keyword abilities on any cat I have out. The Vigilance means the cat can block, & the +2/0 with First Strike means the cat will likely be able to do so and survive (even without Eminence). I never tutor for it, and it might get cut, but it can be nice. You are right though- I should put something in that tutors for something better (ie- Open the Armory) or just put something better in.
I cut Path to Exile because I feel the ramp is too helpful for the opponent in EDH, and Swords to Plowshares makes more sense. I usually really really want to keep my own creatures, so doubt I'll be Path-ing them anytime soon. In fact, I cut Greater Good for that reason, though it might come back.
1 week ago
Possible cards to cut
forbidden orchard - don't need color fixing this bad, giving creatures to your opponenets seems loose
rupture spire - I think your mana is fine without needing this card. It's very slow and sets you back one turn, not worth it imo
all the vivid's - I think these would be better as Scattered Groves, Sheltered Thicket or Canopy Vista, Cinder Glade. then you can run the mirage slow fetches as well, like Grasslands, Mountain Valley and the like
aether vial - seems much to slow, and you have to many differing mana costs to know where to stop upticking. it would suck to tick up to 7 then draw a 6 drop for example
soul's majesty- could be Rishkar's Expertise. this has been one of my most favorite cards from the last couple of years
where ancients tread - could be Warstorm Surge, 1 more mana much more damage
zhur-taa ancient - Mirari's Wake just benifits you, therfore stronger i think
siege behemoth - I'm not sure about this one, i think there could be stronger cards out there but if you like it keep running it
Some possible additions
Etali, Primal Storm card's super good
Angel of Serenity removal is good
Avacyn, Angel of Hope anti removal is good
Xenagos, God of Revels hasty big things are good
Steel Hellkite - removal is good
Vizier of the Menagerie - semmi card draw is clever
Cream of the Crop - set up your mayeal
Sunpetal Grove and similar lands are good
I like the deck and it's a very stong strategy, hope i gave you some food for thought.
2 weeks ago
Yea for sure man!
I wasn't going for a Storm spellslinger approach with this deck, but rather generate insane amounts of mana and cast a huge X spell and blowout a player or all of them lol.
2 weeks ago
I think you could do without Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, and the Gruul Signet and instead add other forms of ramp that provide a more permanent form of mana such as Skyshroud Claim, Farseek, Rampant Growth, Kodama's Reach. I think Mirari's Wake and Zendikar Resurgent would be a great form of ramp as well. You could look at Krosan Grip and Return to Dust to add more removal because I know enchantments and artifacts are a pain in butt with creature heavy decks.
The lands I would recommend are the fetch lands just to make sure that they help you get what you need when you need it. It would also help when you actually do combat damage with Gishath, Sun's Avatar you hit more dinosaurs than you do lands. Other than that you deck looks good man I am a fan of Dino's myself. Best of luck.