|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Knight
When Murderous Rider is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, put it on the bottom of its owner's library.
(You may cast Murderous Rider from exile if you sent it on an adventure.)
Instant — Adventure
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. You lose 2 life.
(You may cast Swift End for from anywhere that you have the permission to cast this, then exile it on an adventure instead of putting it into your graveyard. When you have not chosen to cast Swift End, this card is treated only as Murderous Rider in whatever zone it is in.)
(Example scenarios for Swift End: You may cast this off of Melek, Izzet Paragon . You may not target this with Snapcaster Mage . Thalia, Guardian of Thraben increases the cost of this. Electrodominance requires X=3. If your opponent owns this and you cast it, only you may cast Murderous Rider when it goes on an adventure. You may cast this from a cascade spell if the spell has a cost greater than Murderous Rider's cost.)
Murderous Rider Discussion
3 hours ago
What I would do to add a little bit of consistency is add a single Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth . Also I would try turning your Abrade and Bedevil into Kolaghan's Command they are easier to cast and have 4 modes. I would turn Dreadbore and Kalitas into Murderous Rider so you have three copies. Maybe turn the Ritual of Soot into Languish and through them in the sideboard and fill them with another Thoughtseize and Murderous Rider . I would also turn the Search for Azcanta Flip into Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip.
Best of luck to you sir and I hope you dominate your OGS.
4 hours ago
There are a lot of under-powered cards in this deck. I understand if you're trying to keep it budget, and if you really are then just ignore me, but if you want to make it competitive, I'd recommend removing the following cards: Ardenvale Paladin , Barrow Witches , Knight of New Benalia (which isn't standard legal), Knight of the Keep , Lonesome Unicorn , Serra's Guardian (doesn't seem to fit the deck), All That Glitters , Ordeal of Heliod (also not standard-legal), Silverflame Ritual . That's frankly most of your deck, and I didn't include some cards that are kind of iffy. Check out some other orzhov knights lists, and try to get high power cards. My baseline for what card is worth the mana to cast it is that one mana gets you one power and one toughness (so a 1/1 is one mana, a 2/2 is two, etc.) really that's a low-level of power, so anything below that should never be used unless it has an ability that makes it worth it.
Like I said, if you're just playing casually and don't want to spend much money, ignore this comment completely because it's more for a competitive deck.
19 hours ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
4 days ago
I would find time for 2 changes
Boros Charm - double strike can just flat out win you the game, or completely ruin someone's combat maths. And is handy vs boardwipes late game with indestructible, and the 4 damage can be removal.
I would also find time for Murderous Rider as it is such a solid card in your deck. Removal when you need it, lifelink etc.
5 days ago
I would love to throw 3 x Murderous Rider in here, but I know I'm gonna pull him with Narset and have to but him on the bottom of my library.
5 days ago
Sounds like you're getting there!
The problem with big early creature can be somewhat solved by either adding more unconditional single-target removal like Bedevil or Murderous Rider . Just playing a few copies of Ritual of Soot main, which imo would also be good.
1 week ago
snowfox54119 great job with your list, it's one of the favorites at our play group, not just for me. My variant on it is pushed a bit more into the direction of Goblins with running Goblin Matron instead of Imperial Recruiter and more feel of "There's a Goblin for that", but still close to your build in spirit and it's oodles of fun to go and combo off over the wincon of some other player just by flipping the right pieces.
One card I found working for me was Murderous Rider , because from my hand it's a slightly worse heroe's downfall and on the field it's something that can go infinite with Ashnod's Altar and Grenzo. Throw in Heartstone and you gotta go infinite flips and get your combo going. And it's nice to know there is some answer to pesky PWs and hate bears in your deck. It could even be tutored with Imperial Recruiter.
1 week ago
this deck is pristine, my friend. I would update it to some of the Cavaliers from m20, specifically Cavalier of Night . I woukld cut Blessing of Belzenlok , as there are better combat tricks, even if the creature is legendary(specifically Battle Mastery ) and all your Ajani's Welcome (No lifegain payoff). I would add in two addition History of Benalia for constaincy and a playset of Murderous Rider , sutting out Dub and 3 Moment of Triumph .
No data for this card yet.