|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast Harrow, sacrifice a land.
Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Want (6)||OminousNois3 , jophess99 , the7thDOF , bmxoffspring , hendkyl , Brent2410|
5 days ago
I ran about half dozen play tests with your deck. In most every situation I was mana screwed for the first five turns. In the only situation where the mana came up, I didn't draw any useful spells. that being said, there are a few things that need to be said:
1) FIRST AND FOREMOST decide what you want to do. The best decks do one thing and do it well. You're running 4 Thought Scour but it's not a mill deck. There's absolutely no synergy with that card anywhere else in the deck. You've got two giant planeswalkers but no way to accelerate your mana curve.
2) the mana issue is an issue. If you insist on running four colors, choose a primary. Green is a good choice because green usually has tons of acceleration and color fixing. Blue is also a good choice because you can draw into solutions.
3) my suggestion: take this with a grain of salt because I haven't looked at what new cards/decks/formats are out there in years so if I suggest something that isn't legal in your format, try and understand the idea and adjust accordingly. Run 12 forests with about 8-9 Rampant Growth so that includes Sakura-Tribe Elder , Nature's Lore , Farseek , Harrow , whatever. Up the Brainstorm to 4x because with so many shuffle effects it's the ultimate draw utility. I can't effing believe they brought Brainstorm back I feel like I'm about to cum. Anyway. Here's a fun thought: with enough ramping, you could go full basic. That allows you to mainboard a nonbasic hoser like Back to Basics of Blood Moon . Make all your utility spells no more than one off-color in the mana cost unless they're huge and you plan to take time to build up to them. Counterspell and Jund Charm are powerful, that's true, but only if you can reliably cast them.
5 days ago
Okay, here are my suggestions: Drop: Creeping Renaissance , Explore , Grow from the Ashes , Ranger's Path , Pir's Whim , Praetor's Counsel , Search for Tomorrow , Skyshroud Claim , Sylvan Scrying , Chandra, Flamecaller , Fires of Yavimaya , Asceticism (unless you already have one), Into the Wilds , Rites of Flourishing , The Mending of Dominaria , Flamekin Village , Sheltered Thicket , Elvish Rejuvenator , Flamekin Harbinger , Incandescent Soulstoke , Turntimber Sower , Thunderfoot Baloth , Stalking Vengeance , Thaumatic Compass Flip, Gruul Signet , Nissa, Worldwaker
Add: Zendikar's Roil , Circuitous Route , Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar , Perilous Forays , Elemental Bond , Harrow , Nissa, Vital Force , Mina and Denn, Wildborn , Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma , Where Ancients Tread , Terramorphic Expanse , Jund Panorama
1 week ago
Hey, very good first Commander deck :)
Because of all the great Fetch lands you have consider a Breeding Pool ? Flooded Grove is another good ETB untapped Simic dual land. Hinterland Harbor works well with lot of basic Forests and Islands. Can cut Simic Guildgate, Thornwood Falls and Woodland Stream for these three better dual lands.
Other card upgrades to consider:
- Sakura-Tribe Elder > Civic Wayfinder
- Birds of Paradise > Whisperer of the Wilds
- Llanowar Elves > Heart Warden
- Scavenging Ooze > Crook of Condemnation
- Harrow > Peregrination
- Tempt with Discovery > Explosive Vegetation
- Crop Rotation > Rampant Growth
- Cultivate > Nissa's Pilgrimage
- Nissa, Vital Force > Garruk's Packleader
- Fierce Empath > Werebear
- Green Sun's Zenith > Animist's Awakening
- Sakura-Tribe Scout > Skyshroud Ranger
- Mystic Remora > Crush of Tentacles
- Horn of Greed > Zendikar's Roil
- World Shaper > Yavimaya Elder
- Eternal Witness > Sylvan Awakening
- Walk the Aeons > Part the Waterveil
- Genesis Wave > Zendikar Resurgent
More expensive cards to consider:
If you would like I offer more help. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Harrow is good if your deck is built around it, but otherwise for ramp in modern you're better off using mana dorks
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Some ramp staples:
Rampant Growth Cultivate Kodama's Reach Explosive Vegetation Ranger's Path Skyshroud Claim Harrow Gruul Signet Llanowar Elves Elvish Mystic Fyndhorn Elves Boreal Druid Arbor Elf Druid of the Cowl Zhur-Taa Druid Farhaven Elf Wood Elves
A few weird ones:
3 weeks ago
I think adding in some instants to make use of Rhada on the attack could be good if you plan on getting aggressive. Harrow combines the best of temporary and land-based ramp. Attacking with Rhada, tapping a green source and sacrificing it to kick Harrow puts you ahead on lands, and you still end up ahead on mana for the turn. Volcanic Offering on turn 3 is a one-sided Wrath attached to a double Stone Rain . Omen of Fire is higher variance, but it's still quite good. Sarkhan's Triumph can easily have you casting Savage Ventmaw or Hellkite Charger on turn 4 if you had a turn-1 mana dork. Comet Storm can get impressive fairly fast, as well.
1 month ago
Lands: Mosswort Bridge
Harrow occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
RG (Gruul): 1.21%
BRG (Jund): 1.3%