|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
Coastal Piracy Discussion
1 week ago
Bident of Thassa , Coastal Piracy and Airborne Aid are already included so yeah my usual strategy so far is "how about just a bit of damage so I can draw a card?". Not so sure about the eldrazi though since it lacks my birdy theme
1 week ago
SP3CTR3_chelts I think I’ll remove 2 check lands from the deck since I don’t really feel comfortable going below 35 lands since I don’t have too much mana ramp in the deck, excluding the ones that put land onto the battlefield.
Then I’ll remove Combat Celebrant , Wild Pair , Gruul Spellbreaker , and Samut, Voice of Dissent , Bow of Nylea since a lot of the time the creatures don’t get blocked anyways, and swap out Coat of Arms for one of the other tribal artifact.
Swapping them out for 2-3 pieces of removal, maybe a Mystical Tutor , probably 1-2 signets for the deck into the deck for some more mana ramp, and getting Coastal Piracy and Keep Watch into the deck for some more card draw.
1 week ago
1 week ago
SP3CTR3_chelts Yeah after the first two runs of the deck I liked all the early game stuff, but after a board wipe I ran out of gas a little so I will probably add in more card draw like Coastal Piracy and Keep Watch
1 week ago
Bear Umbra goes inf with najeela.
Bident of Thassa , Coastal Piracy , Keep Watch and Benefactor's Draught are brilliant sources of draw for a najeela warrior deck. I found keeping the pace up very difficult if an early game rush is answered. These cards keep your hand stocked well.
2 weeks ago
I'm not sure how much the +1/+1 counter theme works with Vorosh. I think the fact that he has to connect to get any means that you're probably better off using a general that has them built in, like Reyhan, Last of the Abzan + one of the simic/dimir partners.
That being said, I think I'd cut Vigor (I think you want counters on evasive creatures, which makes this a bit less impressive, since those probably won't be getting in combat as much), Bred for the Hunt (This is too cute. You're gonna have creatures without counters enough of the time that I think you'd prefer to play Coastal Piracy , which I don't think is particularly good here), Simic Ascendancy (too slow unless you're comboing and it's gonna make you/it a target if you are), Fireshrieker (I've never liked this card, even with big creatures), Solidarity of Heroes (too all in, imo).
I like: Hadana's Climb Flip, Chasm Skulker , Managorger Hydra , Verdurous Gearhulk , Villainous Wealth (I play this in all my Sultai decks, though that's partially just because I think it's so fun), and Viral Drake
4 weeks ago
Then Bident and Coastal Piracy would be sweet inclusions!
I didn't use a strawman fallacy. I was told repeatable draw, of which well is, is better than single-draw, of which recall is.
That isn't a fallacy, it is called taking extremes, an argument tool by ancient greek philosophers.
Read the other alternatives. Am I saying Arena can't be good? No. A 10 mana 10/10 with no abilities can win many games, that doesn't make it a good card when there are better alternatives. Opt is fine, but Brainstorm is a lot better. The same is true for Arena. It is a worse Dark Confidant in competitive games, it is a worse Rhystic Study in casual, it is a worse Necropotence is both, and it is worse than Read the Bones , Night's Whisper , and plenty more draw spells in a multitude of casual and competitive games alike.
1 month ago
Hey, nice start, but The Locust God is fueled by mass draw spells and I don't see very many here.
Archivist is good and his ability is called a wheel. You'll hear this term a lot in Commander and what it means is all players or just you shuffle some number of cards from hands and/or graveyard into library and then draw cards. This effect is very good with Locust because he triggers for each single draw therefore if you draw seven cards you make seven 1/1 Insects. Drawing seven of more cards from casting one card is very good.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Shivan Reef
- Desolate Lighthouse
- Windfall : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Warrior : two wheels, one for you and one for all players.
- Skullclamp : with Locust depending on how much mana you have is a lot of draw and 1/1 Insects. By equipping a 1/1 Insect this kill it, but as a result you draw two cards and make two more Insects.
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Blue Sun's Zenith : reusable mass draw.
- Brainstorm : draw three for one mana.
- Magus of the Wheel : wheel for all players.
- Whirlpool Rider : wheel for you.
- Bident of Thassa : draw cards when 1/1 Insects hit an opponent which makes more insects.
- Coastal Piracy : same as Bident.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Library of Leng : another effect of no maximum hand size. You already have Tower that does this, but some redundancy is helpful for this effect since it's pretty important to have when drawing a lot of cards.
- Psychosis Crawler : make your opponents lose life when you draw cards and it can get very big.
- Impact Tremors : whenever a 1/1 Insect token is created this does 1 damage to each opponent.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Reliquary Tower.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Flame Fusillade
- Renegade Tactics
- Slip Through Space
- Warlord's Fury
- Dual Casting
- Jalira, Master Polymorphist
- Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer
- Rummaging Goblin
- Epic Experiment
- Mechanized Production
Good luck with your deck.
Coastal Piracy occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%