|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Basic Land — Swamp
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||raymaverick97 , , ZombieFood , maR2307 , LegendDeer , HydraOoze , cryptoplasm , Kravian , Mousemke , MoJoMiXuP , pskinn01 , clayperce , Pylioz|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , Mousemke , mazrimtaim|
1 day ago
So I love the green cards of Amonkhet, especially Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Honored Hydra, and I'd like to build a block-constructed deck around Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and negative counters. Here's what I've come up with so far : [AKH only] Hapatra -1/-1.
- Play Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons turn 2, Channeler Initiate/Defiant Greatmaw/Nest of Scarabs turn 3 to overwhelm the board with Snake and Insects tokens.
- Play Archfiend of Ifnir turn 5 to make more counters with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons.
- Cycling is used only for placing and triggering Archfiend of Ifnir. That's why there are 4 of them (which makes 3 potential cycling cards after 1 has been played), and 3x Stinging Shot. I chose the later because there's not much to defend yourself against flyers but I put Dissenter's Deliverance in sideboard for possible artifacts.
- No 2x Rhonas the Indomitable, it costs too much atm. I'd be open to suggestion for 1x Rhonas the Indomitable and 1x Bontu the Glorified (I think it should be easy to enable Bontu) but not 2x Rhonas the Indomitable.
- Block-constructed, Amonkhet cards only please.
- I'm not one for splashing but if there's very little of it and it doesn't change the core of the deck, why not splash with Red.
Needs help with
- Cards distribution : is 4x Crocodile of the Crossing too much, 2x Honored Hydra too little. How should I balance my cards ?
- Cards viability : some of them I'm not sure about. Should I go with Shed Weakness or Hapatra's Mark. Why not add Splendid Agony or Plague Belcher, I don't really know.
- Mana base : I'm not sure how many lands I got to have. I think half Swamp and half Forest is vital for playing Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons turn 2.
4 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
CoreGon, these are the very early stages of the newest version. Black may be added back in :) Energy alone can just about support the fourth color of black, but I'm finding consistency issues. I'm in the process of trying to make the fourth color work better using Four-Color Saheeli as a template, that deck is four colors and relies on energy and it's using both Attune with Aether and Oath of Nissa to get and find the lands it needs. I'm mimicking this with a version of Dark Bant.
You're right using the fourth color will make it easier to max out on converge, five colors for both Skyrider Elf and Woodland Wanderer, but we still have to worry about consistency of the manabase which three color Bant is much better at. Bant is better mana consistency while still giving us the ability to converage Skyrider and Wanderer, maybe not with five colors as easily, but four yes.
Here's my new idea for Dark Bant, using Four-Color Saheeli as a template. Here's the list so far:
- 4x Servant of the Conduit
- 4x Skyrider Elf
- 4x Woodland Wanderer
- 4x Sylvan Advocate
- 3x Rhonas the Indomitable
- 4x Attune with Aether
- 3x Oath of Nissa
- 4x Cast Out
- 4x Aether Hub
- 4x Forest
- 2x Plains
- 1x Island
- 1x Swamp
- 4x Botanical Sanctum
- 3x Concealed Courtyard
- 2x Lumbering Falls
This leaves room for 9x more cards, some combination of Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Verdurous Gearhulk, Tireless Tracker, Fatal Push and Tamiyo, Field Researcher. This is too many different cards something is going to be left out, but I'm not sure what yet.
It's also possible that we only splash black as a fourth color to better converge and just play a Swamp which Attune can get or Oath can find.
1 week ago
Hello everyone, as the title suggests, I'm playing around with Mono Black Artifact (The Black Metal battle deck from Card Kingdom to be exact), and I'm looking for some second opinions on what to actually take out/remove, as I'm not entirely familiar with the decktype. Advice is appreciated. A bit of a pre-note, I am rather enjoying the interplay between the Defiant Salvager and Marionette Master, so any ideas for promoting that would be appreciated. Anywho, on to the decklist:
1 week ago
I'm going to do a major overhaul:
1 week ago
I like Channeler Initiate over Exemplar of Strength, mana seems more interesting but depending on how the deck fares they should be interchangeable.As for Grasping Dunes it seems a good idea but again, I might add that if I feel I got too much Forest or Swamp.
1 week ago
Yeah, that's better.
Now, a good rule to go by is have 40% of your deck be lands. Currently, you have half of your deck (30 cards) in those slots. This can be a problem because you will be drawing Land when you really needed something else.
Since you aren't doing Commander (EDH), you have 60 cards which means 24 of them should be lands. This number can go up a little or down a little depending on what deck you're going with. For example, Aggro Decks typically have cheaper costing cards and can make do with around 20 - 22 lands. Control Decks that aim to stifle their opponent or Ramp Decks that want to get big creatures out fast will usually bump that number up to 25 - 28. For you, however, we should probably stick with 24.
Also, it's very important to note that while Basic Land cards like Swamps have no limit to the number you can have in your deck, special lands that are not basic like Blooming Marsh also follow the 4-card limit that other cards do. You couldn't have run 10 anyway.
Now, I have a few more questions before I can help with the rest of the deck. Are you playing this deck on Magic the Gathering Online? Or is this a real, paper deck?
Are these the cards you have access to right now? And how easy is it for you to gain access to other cards?
This way I know how and what cards to suggest.