Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.05||$0.25||$0.56||$1.07||0.14 TIX||0.12 TIX|
|Have (28)||xzavierx , pskinn01 , Raistlin911822 , PutridLeech , brokendwarf , ducttapedeckbox , silva_tempus , CastleSiege , dhoby87 , nemesis101 , much-doge , R00Rshock , seraphim_atreides , rexxxif , leftkeh , HouseDimir13 , anonymausguy , Replayced , Caligula , LioAME3 , HR19 , scare983 , Chriamon , StevenPJobs , ElginU1613 , TheHollowFox , CkajLanoa , craileys|
|Want (7)||Wolfninja , Boxel , marz1342 , Kryzis , MSweeny81 , WUBRG... , thetruejaster|
2 hours ago
Let's get one thing straight: that's a Modern deck listed as Standard. Fix that.
As for the deck itself, there are way too many things you're trying to do. Abzan "kids" implies the curve topping off at Siege Rhino, so I don't know why you have 7 mana cards in there. Next, you need to decide if you're trying to do dredge stuff or just aggro - Grisly Salvage does not belong in an aggro deck since it, by itself, does not do anything but get you one card and get rid of four others that were more than likely gas so you're better off just drawing anyway. Unburial Rites is also pretty shitty here, as well as Treasured Find, but I do see the synergy you're trying to get at it with them. Lastly, you absolutely need basic lands - Plains, Forest, and Swamp, more specifically.
What you need to go look at is some successful Abzan lists and see what they put in, and more importantly see _why_ it's in there.
5 hours ago
It's three colors actually, it plays normally. And if you are running some fetches, you only need a single Swamp and Forest to play any card in your deck. So your manabase is 5 fastlands, 6 fetches, 4 shocks, 2 Swamps, and 2 Forests.
It works surprisingly well, although you weaken yourself against Burn a little.
1 day ago
That is true although the Swamp seems unnecessary here as the black is such a small splash. I was suggesting the Mystic Gate and Glacial Fortress for a more controlling deck. They are slower, but painless duals and one of each seems fine. Although in a slower deck 4 Celestial Colonnade would be very strong and would add those before the Mystic Gate and Glacial Fortress.
You can delete my comment but I'll post my comment again because people need to understand why Narset Transcendent is not good
1 day ago
Cryptic Command is extremely powerful and has been played in three color decks for years. UWR Control, (which is a true 3 color deck unlike this deck which is UW with 2 Dismember, which don't need black mana and 4 Lingering Souls which you can cast at least the first half before you find black mana) plays 4 in almost every version with no problem. Your manabase could support it in its current state or you could try the following to make it even easier:
-1 Swamp: I assume this is here for Blood Moon but as I said above you don't even really need black mana and this slot could be better used as a land that could cast the rest of the spells in your deck.
-1 Godless Shrine: All of your lands fetch for the Watery Graves so this is unnecessary in a basically two color deck. I understand sometimes you might want to fetch for white black but with so many duals and so few black spells you could afford to make this switch.
+1 Glacial Fortress: A painless dual that will almost always enter untapped.
1 day ago
Ok, I took your advice and made a revised decklist:
1 day ago
2 days ago
- Warriors want to hit the ground running. Anthems, reach, and removal support them.
- The mana curve must be low; highly prefer lands to come into play untapped.
- The longer the game goes, the worse. But still have reach.
- Likely want 8-10 1-drops with 2 power and utility. Can adjust the Mardu Woe-Reaper to Dragon Hunter ratio based on meta.
- Might want to trade out Blood-Chin Rager and some 3-drops for Mogis's Marauder and some 2-drops.
- Having 6 anthem effects usually means we'll see 1 (or 2) per game.
- End of their turn Secure the Wastes (especially after they wrath the board) combined with an anthem effect can end games immediately.
- Valorous Stance does a lot of work.
- Erase in sideboard is pretty mandatory right now; could also see a couple Abzan Advantage in the main or side.
- I'm probably missing some things but this is a good place to start. :)
--- Creatures (22) ---
--- Anthems (6) ---
--- Reach (4) ---
--- Removal (8) ---
--- Land (20) ---
4x Scoured Barrens (ugh)
--- Sideboard (15) ---
--- Upgrade/Alternative Options ---
Caves of Koilos <---- Biggest upgrade
Temple of Silence (unsure on this; you don't really want cipt lands)
3 days ago
Mana dorks are somewhat risky if you're playing a lot of strong, high cost threats - they're likely to get boardwiped when people respond to the threats. They may get killed anyway by people responding to other players' threats! Consequently, you can't anticipate having them for the long term; I don't like to play too many at once personally. It's possible though I've grown accustomed to a local meta where boardwipes are more frequent than average. I've noted my decks probably have too few because I'm accustomed to other players overdoing it.
For the amounts of varied mana you're talking I'd focus on leaning on green's ramping abilities. In addition to the above are some less-good ones: Journey of Discovery, Search for Tomorrow, Farseek, Rampant Growth, Khalni Heart Expedition, Explosive Vegetation, Peregrination. If you use a lot of the above (Exploration, etc) Journey might be more worthwhile than the others there.
Personally I don't think Boundless Realms is worth the risk if you're serious, but I run it anyway because it's hilarious; however it tends to entice you tap out when it's more likely to get countered.
There's also lands that can tap for all five colors. You might want some nonbasic land tutors like Expedition Map, Sylvan Scrying, Reap and Sow to find them. The lands include stuff like City of Brass, Command Tower, Ancient Ziggurat, Exotic Orchard, Reflecting Pool, Mana Confluence. There's also some more budget-friendly less-good ones like Rupture Spire, Transguild Promenade. Should include at least a few; they make up for some weird person actually running Boil or maybe you just didn't get any Swamps.
There's also some funkier stuff like Trace of Abundance but it starts getting weird and I think you have enough actual solid suggestions here. Relying overly much on enchantments or artifacts is more of a risk than relying on lands most of the time, so the weird stuff generally isn't as worthwhile.
|Avg. cube pick||9.36|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
- Plains + Swamp
- Buried Alive + Dark Ritual + Swamp
- Swamp + Inquisition of Kozilek
- Island + Swamp
- Pack Rat + Swamp
- Lotleth Troll + Swamp
- Swamp + Underworld Connections
- Crypt Ghast + Swamp
- Child of Night + Swamp
- Dark Ritual + Lotus Petal + Swamp
- Forest + Swamp
- Dark Ritual + Sol Ring + Swamp
- Mountain + Swamp
- Abzan Battle Priest + Swamp
- Caustic Tar + Swamp
- Nightmare + Swamp
- Mox Jet + Swamp
- Mox Diamond + Swamp
- Quest for the Nihil Stone + Swamp
- Squelching Leeches + Swamp
- Gnarled Scarhide + Swamp
- Mountain + Plains + Swamp
- Pawn of Ulamog + Swamp + Undercity Informer
- Dismal Backwater + Jungle Hollow + Swamp
- Godless Shrine + Overgrown Tomb + Swamp
- Lashwrithe + Ghoulcaller Gisa + Swamp
- Candelabra of Tawnos + Swamp + Voltaic Key
- Filth + Swamp
- Liliana of the Dark Realms + Swamp
- Dark Ritual + Phyrexian Crusader + Swamp
- Dark Ritual + Geralf's Messenger + Swamp
- Island + Plains + Swamp
- Master of the Feast + Swamp
- Disowned Ancestor + Swamp