|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Temple of the False God
: Add to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Temple of the False God Discussion
2 days ago
Overall the deck looks very tuned, this means I had to look for efficiency bumps. I found Temple of the False God which many times will not provide what you need out of it to get the win. A basic land or an Eye of Ugin may serve better in it's slot.
Is Jhoira's Familiar not good enough to be in here?
3 days ago
This seems fun. Here are some thoughts that perhaps didn't hurt:
- Maybe try Privileged Position as another protection card. The fact that it gives all of your other permanents hexproof means that you can tick up your planeswalkers in (relative) peace.
- With Battlebond, there's now Arena Rector that gives you bonus planeswalker tutoring when it dies (which shouldn't be too hard to do).
- Land-wise, I would very highly recommend some more multiple mana lands. In EDH, Ancient Tomb and Temple of the False God are quite common for acceleration, and you don't have a lot of color intensive mana requirements. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth can help a bit with fixing, and City of Brass is the classic make-all-colors land.
- Regrowth is also a good recovery card. Maybe also Commit, Day's Undoing, or, my favorite, Time Spiral are good to reset your hand if you run low on gas.
4 days ago
I agree with RedDeckTries, the deck doesn't have enough lands. You could try Temple of the False God, Jungle Shrine, Rogue's Passage, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, and/or Exotic Orchard. Gishath is heavily reliant on landing attacks, and while it does have trample, you could add Whispersilk Cloak. A great card for this deck is Rishkar's Expertise, often netting you a lot of cards, and a free dinosaur. I think the deck might be missing some big closers, like Overwhelming Stampede, Titanic Ultimatum, etc. While Belligerent Brontodon does synergise with a few of your cards, I think there are other options to consider; Thundering Spineback, Silverclad Ferocidons, Bellowing Aegisaur, Trapjaw Tyrant, Thrashing Brontodon. Congregation at Dawn can act as a tutor in the deck, especially with gishath, and the versatility of Naya Charm is crazy good.
1 week ago
Nissa, Worldwaker is a great planeswalker for this (using her second +1 of course), as is Garruk Wildspeaker for ramp. Exploration and Burgeoning are great for additional land drops. Temple of the False God is an important land too. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just an excellent way to help yourself and wreck your opponents. You'll definitely want to run Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, and Vernal Bloom for further ramp. A Gilded Lotus, and Thran Dynamo are good mana fixers too. I love Omnath as a commander. Check out my deck Welcome to the Jungle (Omnath fun and games). He's my favorite one.
1 week ago
This is my first commander deck I got a few months back and have built it up slowly but am in dire need of help finishing it. I know it is slow and probably bad but I like it and it suits me just fine. I like how it can focus on the graveyard but the only strategies I have for it is the Duskmantle Guildmage and Mindcrank set and the Sphinx's Tutelage. Any help is appreciated.
Commander: Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
1 week ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I mean, I don't see how this is stax, I see some very good cards, like Gamble, Imperial Recruiter, and Enlightened Tutor, but in terms of prison/stax, you only run about 6 cards: Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Ghostly Prison, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Aura of Silence, Blind Obedience, and Cataclysm.
I'd suggest you drop the cards like Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite for much more powerful stax cards. Also I'd think running some more tutors for Helm of the Host (the instant win) would be useful.
Other cards I'd suggest you run:
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben - hurts storm builds and greedy manabases more than your deck.
Ruination - You run enough basics that a 3-4 colored deck will crumble.
Armageddon - Aurelia, the Warleader makes this thing basically a win, as you can probably beat face enough to kill one person before they rebuild, whilst rebuilding on your own. At that point with a couple more stax cards you might be able to drop your opponents all together. Use Ravages of War as well if you can afford one.
Crucible of Worlds - With a lot of land-destruction, or fetchlands, this card gives you constant land drops, allowing you to rebuild like nothing ever happened a few turns after an Armageddon or Cataclysm. Acts as a half Sun Titan in some cases. Strip Mine/Wasteland make it really good too.
World Queller - this card is godly. It can be used as land destruction every turn, and with a Sun Titan or Crucible of Worlds, you might not notice it's effect, but can name planeswalkers while you have none to get rid of a pesky Ugin/Karn/Nicol Bolas. It can of course remove pesky artifacts or enchantments, and still beat face a bit.
Trinisphere - This deck has a pretty high CMC, so this card might barely affect it. It will totally hurt the elf player, the storm player, and any other low-cmc player.
Aven Mindcensor - This doesn't affect you, but hurts your opponents fetch lands, tutors, or any other searches.
Luminarch Ascension - Acts as a powerful alternate win condition if you lock out you opponents.
Magus of the Moon - If you run enough basic lands, this card won't affect you very much, because of the artifact mana you have. Other decks may crumble to it.
Otherwise I'd only suggest you run some more rocks (Mox Diamond/Chrome Mox/Mana Crypt and all of the legal fetchlands like Windswept Heath, Marsh Flats, Flooded Strand, Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills, Scalding Tarn)
Cards to drop for this stuff:
Argentum Armor, Extraplanar Lens, Loxodon Warhammer, Mask of Memory, Sword of War and Peace, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Puresteel Paladin, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Balefire Liege, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Archangel of Tithes, Angelic Arbiter, 2-3 lands.
Otherwise, it terms of lands, drop Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Temple of the False God, Boros Garrison, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Opal Palace, Rogue's Passage, Clifftop Retreat, and some basic mountains, add the remaining 6 fetchlands, and that should be about it!