Temple of the False God
: Gain . Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands.
|Have (3)||VioVoid , Bakery300 , metalmagic|
|Want (14)||Asfael , GeorgeMirza , suenwind , videoman , danielwiseman , tgcchallenger , MissNeedleDoll , Poppins , Runed_Servitor , kingcraig , jacksonbenete , ulasz , Catzhova , ViRSneG|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Temple of the False God occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Temple of the False God Discussion
1 hour ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa with Deathmantle and Altar.
Cards to consider adding:
- Scheming Symmetry: great causal tutor, you get something and an opponent of your choice does too.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Nim Deathmantle, two important cards to have more access too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: Mystery Booster Set version, repeatable creature recursion.
- Viscera Seer: Core Set 2011 version, one drop sac outlet and scying is helpful.
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token.
- Mirror Entity: Mystery Booster Set version, pump Teysa and tokens. With a lot of tokens and mana this can be a win condition especially with flying tokens.
- Skirsdag High Priest: creates 5/5 Demon tokens and morbid can be triggered on any players turn if any creature died that turn. It's good in multiplayer and with tokens with vigilance.
- Fetid Heath: Double Masters version.
- Silent Clearing
- Shambling Vent
Any game when you have Skullclamp on the battlefield is going to be a better game than if you don't. Adding a few budget tutors that can get Clamp or one of your combo artifacts can be helpful.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Plains
- 1x Swamp
- Temple of the False God: it can't make mana until turn five or after.
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Final Payment
- Burnished Hart: too slow for ramp and doesn't trigger Teysa when it sacs itself.
- Butcher of Malakir: you have Pact and Dictate, don't also need this seven drop.
- Doomed Dissenter: Traveler is an upgrade because he creates a 1/1 flying token when he dies.
- Vindictive Vampire: the other aristocrats are better.
Good luck with your deck.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Hey man! Sweet list. I'm actually building something very similar, except some of the cards you don't run because of hate I think I'm still going to run. I do have a curious question though: why not run Ancient Tomb over Temple of the False God? With your logic of running Toxic Deluge as a board wipe because our commander has lifelink, you could argue the same thing for that substitution. Plus you don't have to worry about the stipulation of tapping for 2 only if you have 5 lands in case you get it early game.
3 days ago
1 week ago
Woah... just imagine if Karn, Silver Golem was in the deck. Chunky artifacts + Darksteel Forge with creature-Karn becomes "I have blockers for days." Mycosynth Lattice turns him into an Armageddon, it turns Forge into "Vandalblast? What Vandalblast?" Lattice also turns Unwinding Clock into a creatureless Seedborn Muse, turns Clock of Omens into "Tap any 2 things: untap a thing," lets Sculpting Steel copy anything, lets Mirage Mirror copy planeswalkers (which Rings of Brighthearth combos will let you abuse completely), lets KCI turn your whole board into a resource, and lets you use Nevy's Disk to hold everyone's board state hostage. Disk and forge are also ridiculous. Drop the Lattice on top of that two-card combo and everyone gets up and walks away.
Other cards I would highly reccomend: Cloud Key, Crucible of Worlds, Temple of the False God, Ghirapur Orrery, Vedalken Orrery, Helm of the Host, Prowler's Helm, Whispersilk Cloak, Library of Leng, Venser's Journal, Aetherflux Reservoir, Staff of Domination, Thran Temporal Gateway, Aetherworks Marvel, Arch of Orazca.
2 weeks ago
Land base looks good. I would just change Gavony Township and Temple of the False God for something like Reflecting Pool and Cavern of Souls. Its a bit expensive upgrade, but totally worth it.
For mana rocks, I would switch signets (and probably Ikoria 3mana mana rocks too) for Darksteel Ingot, Arcane Signet, Coalition Relic, Commander's Sphere, Mana Geode.
Chance for Glory - I probably wouldnt go with this, unless I could guarantee I wouldnt lose the game. There is a lot of stuff that can easily get you out of the game after you cast Chance of Glory.
I would recommend some cards I use in my Roar of the Behemoths and The First Sliverhorde deck, which could work nicely even here.
Greater Good - would be great card draw as response to someone's removal, etc.
Lurking Predators - with that high amount of big creatures, this could be pretty fun to have.
Finale of Devastation - A creature deck with green, cant miss this... especially if its dino tribal deck. :D
Amulet of Vigor - probably not that useful here, but nice to have this in case you go on lower budget and use tapped lands.
Herald's Horn - to make your dinos even cheaper + again, you have a lot of them, so there is a big chance to draw an extra card at the beginning of your turn.
Aura Shards - Very good artifact/enchant removal for creature decks.
Defense of the Heart - to easily tutor for some big dinos and eat your opponents alive.
2 weeks ago
Good morning Musasaki!
Here are some suggestions:
- Remove Temple of the False God and add Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse (Brings card total to 101, we'll fix that!)
- Remove Dimir Keyrune (See? Fixed the card total!)
- Cut River Serpent, it doesn't seem too helpful in the deck except for may the cycling... but we can add Windfall, Phyrexian Arena, and Brainstorm for card draw. (Card Count 102..?)
- Striped Riverwinder can go away (101 Cards)
- Never / Return seems unnecessary... back to 100
- Treasure Cruise sound awfully expensive in the CMC to keep (99 cards)
- Telling Time can be removed because we added card draw elsewhere (98!)
- Adding an alternate way to win... Revel in Riches and Pitiless Plunderer get some treasure. (100!)
2 weeks ago
Actually the deck only runs 37 lands, that reliably produce mana with Eye of Ugin, Maze of Ith and Temple of the False God not making mana outright or at all. If ioniboi adds more of the fast mana like Mana Crypt and Lion's Eye Diamond i can see going below 37+3. as it stands the decks needs to make its land drop up to at least 6-7 lands to be able to cast Kozilek.