|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control three or more artifacts, you gain 1 life.
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Inventor's Fair: Search your library for an artifact card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if you control three or more artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (52)||SoggyGecko , ZombieFood , Lindough , xXThormentXx , voidruby , KipIsKosher , , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , Dr_Doomtrain , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , RedMulligan , AlertKnave8075 , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , rebelteddybear , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , RPG_FOX , bakunet , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , lava_lava , LeroyJones , LTmiller , kaboomeow , jhunter , Venser_the_Sojoner , Sparky41 , silvereh , Conman327 , Riku580 , Swamy , zachi , Diamonddragon2002 , Jauntu , MathieuHarvey0555 , abby315 , 8vomit , Kiortio , Pumpkinking913 , Metaphisyk , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MattN7498 , BobJeph , Thunderbeard , mziter501 , Candyman949 , Wolfebladeelite , MagnaAura|
|Want (10)||Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , Ariumlegion , samuelianstorm , Myris , Willis1994 , Daeyel , vashaclarens , golgarigirl , Cunningcrow|
Inventors' Fair Discussion
14 hours ago
so don't know about the thing which cancels the usefulness of the lands other than tapping the lands for mana :/
1 day ago
I'd really appreciate your opinion on my version of the deck: Braw-Heeli There are some changes you might find worth pondering.
3 days ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
1 week ago
Hey skinken, thanks for taking the time to give some good feedback. Tutors are for sure the way to class up the deck, and I used to have a few more than I do now. I've done a bit of tuning since then to keep them to a minimum and really just add room for fun stuff. The tutors I've got are Wild Research, Ring of Three Wishes, and Expedition Map turns into Inventors' Fair. I'll be sure to add Gamble though probably in place of the Ring of Three Wishes because I think that's hilarious and even kinda sums up the deck.
I do agree that it's not always the best idea to have things in your deck that totally cancel other things. The Akroan Horse is pretty mediocre in general and might even be due for a cut, but the Desolation Giant is more of a circumstantial piece. Like if i throw him under a Summoner's Egg, or enchant him with a False Demise and give that away. Torpor Orb is an awesome card and certainly makes a lot of the deck function but I prefer my Hushwing Gryff to him instead since I can control when I want to block with it to get it off the board and do big stuff. Bruna, the Fading Light is actually a cast trigger instead of an ETB but if it wasn't I would totally agree that it's stupid, so thanks for having my back. I avtually Added her and gisela in because I recently broke down a deck that had them in it and I have a fair enough amount of card draw to hopefully make Brisela, Voice of Nightmares happen on occasion
The farie artisians thing is sick though, I'll add a list of dumb funny things that I've been able to pull off like that. I think you'll get a kick out of it.
1 week ago
You've almost got it, but you need Clock of Omens, Unwinding Clock, Vedalken Orrery, Reshape, and Inventors' Fair. Storm the Vault Flip and Vedalken Archmage wouldn't hurt either. Toss out Mox Amber for Mana Vault (Revised version is unbelievably cheap), find room for Mana Crypt (If you can trade a Kaladesh Invention for a non-Invention 'Crypt or open one in a Kaladesh or Eternal Masters pack (the 'Crypt is anywhere from $80.00-$200.00 apiece)), and pitch Staff of Domination for Staff of Nin and make room for Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient.
1 week ago
I dont think Inventors' Fair works here because you need 3 artifacts to activate it.
1 week ago
Hi @Madhava tks for the tips! I played one time with Inventors' Fair its a good utility land, but with the grow of Field of Ruin in modern, it was hard to to play without lands, and now i'n testing with Wastes.
I played a time with the package, but for this i need to cut Chalice of the Void and Mind Stone for Chromatic Star this make more fragile and not too worth, not all time we get nice things with Ancient Stirrings. Its good, but not too worth in build.
At the moment (and for me save this build) i'n test this build with dominaria update.
Karn, Scion of Urza is so strong in this build, give card advantage, creature advantage. I want to play with 3 at least. (Feel free to see and comment about this alternative too)
I looked for your build and this look so interesting. I see Culling Scales one time. Spyce.
1 week ago
Absolutely love the concept.
A while back, I attempted to build a Modern version of Stax, replacing Smokestack with Culling Scales. If you're interested in checking it out...