|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control three or more artifacts, you gain 1 life.
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Inventor's Fair: Search your library for an artifact card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only if you control three or more artifacts.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (43)||, ZombieFood , Lindough , xXThormentXx , voidruby , KipIsKosher , , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , zachi , Dr_Doomtrain , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , RedMulligan , Venser_the_Sojoner , AlertKnave8075 , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , rebelteddybear , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , RPG_FOX , Wolfebladeelite , bakunet , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , Candyman949 , lava_lava , LeroyJones , LTmiller , Swamy , Relevantworm , abby315 , MattN7498 , silvereh , MathieuHarvey0555 , kaboomeow , mziter501 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , jhunter , Thunderbeard , MagnaAura|
|Want (8)||Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , Ariumlegion , samuelianstorm , Myris , Willis1994 , Daeyel , vashaclarens|
Inventors' Fair Discussion
2 hours ago
Removing these cards
Adding these cards instead
2 days ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
3 days ago
I said to take out basic lands when I wasn't considering Inventors' Fair, keep the basic lands in for now, the mana base is okay for now.
Looking at your pie chart, you have a huge amount more red costing cards than white and black, I'd recommend taking out 2x Forsaken Sanctuary and 2x Inventors' Fair for 4xAether Hub. This will hopefully balance out your mana.
3 days ago
SirChris39 Inventors' Fair might not be that good of a choice of land for this deck, you don't have that many artifacts, and it would take a long game for you to have three out at once. Maybe instead of switching Aether Hub for basics you could switch it with Inventors' Fair?
3 days ago
Inventors' Fair not a good land for this type of deck