|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
You have no maximum hand size.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Lucan2000 , SamCre1993 , rockleemyhero , Spinalripper , Swamy , tragic_slip , zachi , hardhitta71194 , brokendwarf , switchkill65 , ibraJG84 , xpsychovampx , Hootiequack , gildan_bladeborn , rebelteddybear , LTmiller|
|Want (2)||Xue-Kaihua , Grantley91|
Reliquary Tower Discussion
8 hours ago
wouldn't know how well this runs as I generally don't play blue. My brother does though and he likes to always run Teferi, Temporal Archmage for the untap four permanents ability. Blue also offers some ways of untapping your land(nykthos loves these) in Rewind(which you already included), Peregrine Drake, and Great Whale. With mana rocks, you can play a commander bomb in Paradox Engine. it allows storming off your entire hand potentially so I would include somewhere some "wheel" cards where you draw lots of cards like Windfall, Brainstorm, Stroke of Genius, Flux, and Prosperity. Can always get your commander through for damage with Prowler's Helm. Your commander would get incredibly big if you included some stuff to make you have no maximum hand size like Venser's Journal, Reliquary Tower, Spellbook, and Thought Vessel. good start on the deck. +1'ed!
1 day ago
Ah I see you updated this, my iPad had died before I hot to share my suggestions, and it looks like you added a bunch of them. Here is what I was going to share, you may even find something you may want that you had missed.
Omnath, Locus of Mana instead as your command perhaps, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Mana Reflection, Beacon of Creation, Exploration, Burgeoning, Boundless Realms, Primeval Titan, Beacon of Discovery, Primeval Bounty, Retreat to Kazandu, Zendikar's Roil, Lotus Cobra, Explore Gaea's Touch, Rampaging Baloths, Ulvenwald Hydra + Rogue's Passage, Avenger of Zendikar, Embodiment of Insight, Courser of Kruphix, Dungrove Elder, Kalonian Twingrove.
For lands have Rogue's Passage, Myriad Landscape, Reliquary Tower and make use of Rishkar's Expertise, Nissa's Revelation and other similar effects, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, then just forests wil do unless you want to go with Eldrazi then use Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Sanctum of Ugin, Eye of Ugin and so on too.
I will try and help out with cutting down your creatures soon, you can if you want share decklists with others if you look within "edit" so that I am able to make changes to this deck otherwise I will do up something separate. The thing is, is that green is pretty good at making token related cards and that's why you can get away with a lot less creatures, and the ones you do have can be big such as Kozilek, Butcher of Truth for example.
3 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
4 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
6 days ago
Since we are a group hug deck, we can't have an obvious wincon, otherwise someone might just say, "I'm going to attack you because you could combo off at anytime" and you'll be dead. Reins of Power alone might just have someone attacking you because we do play pillowfort cards.
Instead, our main plan is to mill out the other players when they are low on cards, since we play so many "Each player draws X" type cards, we can actually get other players to mill out from a big prosperity. Another example is that plenty of people play cards like Reliquary Tower to keep whatever they draw, and Windfall has been known to mill out other players.
The other idea here is that you SHOULD be killed last because you can just say "I'm helping you, why attack me?" and other things like that, and since nothing we play is really that scary, people should be worried about the other people at the table, not you.
You also have to remember that people will remember previous games, so your playstyle has to reflect a group-hug method as well.