|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
9 hours ago
I recently have become very fond of Riku of Two Reflections , so I have designed two signature spells for him, as seen, below:
Riku's Reflection Show
Copy target instant or sorcery spell; you may choose new targets for the copy.
This spell was inspired by Nature's Chant , which is a combination of Naturalize and Disenchant , and is strictly better than both of them. It is a combination of Twincast and Reverberate , being strictly better than both of them.
Riku's Replicant Show
Creature - shapeshifter
You may have Riku's replicant enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.
This card is a variant of Clone , but with a more flexible casting cost.
Obviously, both of these cards are designed to be used with Riku, himself, so what does everyone else think of them?
15 hours ago
Alright so I took this to FNM for the second night. I did really well in my first match, went 2-0, but went 0-2 in the next two matches. I played a control deck and the guy only played spells on my turn. He had Nightpack Ambusher and so just amassed a ton of 4/4's. I drew into removal, but was countered as he always had all his mana open on my turn (since he was only playing on my turn).
I then played against this 10 year old kid who was running an Adventure spell deck. Every time he cast a spell he copied it with Lucky Clover . And he had multiple Lucky Clover's on the board. It enabled him to drop 4 lands in a turn, destroy both my 24/24 Ajani's Pridemate and Ajani, Strength of the Pride with just a 3CMC Murderous Rider , and repeatedly cast multiple instances of the same spell. I had no answer to it and I was an idiot. I didn't realize it was an artifact allowing him to do this (I haven't played in years and he was moving fast), so I didn't sideboard in my Disenchant .
Any advice on how to improve this deck would be great! It obviously needs a lot of work.
17 hours ago
Unfortunately Nature's Chant is green/white color identity and is ineligible to be in the deck. There are some good replacements however in Crush Contraband , Return to Dust [exiling is good] or plain, old Disenchant if you feel you still need it. You do have a good arsenal of artifact and enchantment removal without it. I'd honestly replace with something like Marble Diamond .
I'd be worried that 33 land falls a bit short, especially without more artifact ramp. I'd up the count to 36-37 but maybe you're luckier off the draw than I. With this commander, I'd be trying to design the deck to reliably get her out on turn 3 to start shutting down opponents relying on mana dorks and the like.
3 days ago
Oh, it's also worth noting that Release the Gremlins and By Force are interesting cards that might be good for the sideboard, in case you're looking for the flexibility to destroy artifacts. Disenchant might also be good for that. (thinking of the flexibility of Bedevil without the double black in the casting cost)
Unlicensed Disintegration might also be a good addition, given that you have artifacts in this deck!
5 days ago
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
3 weeks ago
I would just like to note, the artwork of a bird deck is very important.
Instead of basics from Dominaria, the Plains from Mirage have birds in the art: Plains
It's a crime to not run Soraya the Falconer . She is of the uttermost bird-kind.
For an actual suggestion, Abolish is an underrated card with much application. But you must further your bird-game. Make haste!
1 month ago
This list is really cool! Strong theme and good use of new commander.
See a small proliferate/counter theme. No Karn's Bastion ?
Disenchant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
All decks: 0.0%
All decks: 0.03%