|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Common|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Common|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Common|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Starter 2000 (S00)||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Common|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Common|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Common|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Common|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Common|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Common|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Common|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
|Magic Online Promo Cards (MOP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Yawkcorb , DFDGamer , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , gildan_bladeborn , TheRealPeaches , NorthernCrow , Friedrice24 , TheDuggernaught , richardmv , MythicWinter111 , Mousemke , primusinterpares , jhunter , Forge , killstars , damo_rox , Tmanator , Fairseas , MattN7498|
|Want (28)||ryaniskool , Lokotor , tralmix , YouWillBeExpoded , turtlezbehatin , Ellemenopy , calaw00 , mitch50700 , UncleJoe421 , BorosEvendur , XVicarious , bbtancakes , vaerth , outofnothing0 , LuckMisesack , EdenGardenz , buildingadeck , Xue-Kaihua , ryuzaki32667 , HehaGardenHoe , chrishuffman95 , Lightfut , rayzoredge , EminentEncounter , Warxuaroz , kovellen , daszf , EcSamuel|
9 hours ago
Thanks for the compliment--hopefully I can be of some use! I playtested this in a couple different matchups and had the following feedback:
The biggest issue I had was with the number of 4-5 costed cards in this deck. With over 10% of your deck consisting of 4+ mana cards, and only two cards devoted to ramp, I often found these items languishing in my hand. Modern is a pretty brutal format, and 4-5 drops need to make a substantial difference in the game.
I'm not convinced Burn at the Stake is a necessary win condition given the power of Humans (currently the best tribe in Modern), but it was pretty fun, and I appreciate the finding of new, exciting ways to win.
I think you could stand to capitalize on the power of Humans a bit more. Run four copies of Champion of the Parish and add four Thalia's Lieutenant. That should give you another path to victory should your primary plan fail.
For your sideboard, you should add Disenchant for artifact/combo/enchantment decks, as you currently do not have an answer. Instead of Soul Warden, consider Auriok Champion - while it costs more to cast, you'll mostly want to sideboard in your cleric against Red burn, so the protection is invaluable.
1 week ago
This list is a bit confused on what it's trying to be. Snapcaster is too slow for mill. You're not playing the long game, so cut it and replace it with Trapmaker's Snare. It acts as copies 5-6 of your best mill spell. You also NEED to be splashing white for Fragmentize or Disenchant. You lose to Leyline of Sanctity, every game, with this build. Path to Exile is also great because they will NEVER fetch for the basic for fear of Archive Trap. That makes it the best removal spell in the entire history of magic.
Sorry, but this list won't get an upvote from me until it's tuned to be capable of beating one of the most sideboarded cards in the format. (and no, Mesmeric Orb is NOT a way to win through it, even when Fraying Sanity is on the field too. That's way too slow) Also...four copies of Darkness in the main? Either you have nothing but aggro decks in your meta, or you enjoy losing against control because you keep drawing dead cards.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Scratch that, I tried playtesting Leyline and it was awful. Personally I've really like Blessed Alliance in the main instead of Condemn lately. Its great against Bogles if they don't have a Leyline out, anything hexproof (e.g. Control mirror vs. Geist of Saint Traft after sideboard) or Modern Spirits, which is becoming more of a thing with the release of Supreme Phantom in Core Set M19. The lifegain is also very relevant against Burn or Jeskai Control or really anything running Lightning Bolt.
I haven't been impressed by Mana Leak. Its often dead in the mid to late game, and against Tron it is just straight up awful. If it works for you great, if not I'd suggest trying out an extra copy of Logic Knot and a Spell Snare. I've been super jazzed on my extra copy of Logic Knot. I think its the closest thing we have in Modern to Counterspell.
I've also been stoked on Porphyry Nodes in the sideboard as a way to slow down aggro and pick off mana dorks, and I like a little more artifact hate in my sideboard to deal with stuff that Stony Silence can't hit, like Ensnaring Bridge. You might want to try out Disenchant or Fracturing Gust.
These are just suggestions, but I thought you might find at least one or two helpful. Good luck! :)
3 weeks ago
Seems like it will be likely enough to face decks with higher CMC creatures than 6-7CMC, so removal that can kill big things seems like a must - Chained to the Rocks maybe? Seal Away and Journey to Nowhere also come to mind.
3 weeks ago
I disagree with Silverdrake's suggestion of 3-4 Ixalan's Binding, as I do not believe you should run that card at all. Modern is too fast for a 4 mana removal spell, particularly one that can be removed by Disenchant. While the mini-Meddling Mage effect is nifty, this comes down far too late to make a difference.
3 weeks ago
: Enchant a curse on yourself
Now, you think it Sucks, right?
Well, here's a card the makes it better
Disenchant all curses
gain 2 life
Continue Dice challenge, but if you roll a 2 or a 1 or a 6 reroll (Don't now 3 though)
3 weeks ago
HobbyGamer007 Thank you for your time and effort, i'll go through every card now.
- Woolly Razorback: I know, I usually had it in here as another Plan B if Arcades gets too much hate but it's proven itself worthless and it will be exchanged.
- Counter: I know they are not the best and I'll replace them with some of you suggestions maybe, also probably Cyclonic Rift and Stifle
- Cultivate will be replaced with Farseek and i can't part with my japanese Skyshroud Claim i pulled in a Battlebond booster while I was in Tokyo. I know it's not the fastest but I also like Lands more than mana dorks because creatures die a lot faster in ouf group.
- Nature's Claim is a great card and it will replace Disenchant
- Don't underestimate Shield Wall and Steadfastness (the other mentioned cards are way worse). Normally I have 5-6 defender on the battlefield with an avg. toughness of 5, that's 25/30 strenght + one of the instants its 35-45 strenght which is normally enough to kill an opponent. Those cards often gave me the 1-2 extra damage I needed to kill.
- Disallow I like it because it gives versatility, but could be replaced with Stifle
- Dispel is very narrow and wasn't very usefull, could also be replaced
- Reality Shift is nice, probably switch Pongify for it
- Dorks: as I said, I don't really like dorks, maybe Noble Hierarch and/or Birds of Paradise will find a slot some day
- Signets are great to get the commander faster, depending on where I want to go with it
- Muddle the Mixture I don't really have any crucial 3 cmc cards in the deck yet
- Mystical Tutor great and could search Tower Defense for example but I don't think it is mach needed yet
- Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile are very nice I look if I can get my hands one one, but without lifegain I prefer Mirri's Guile
For the lands, they are very good and I mentioned a lot of them under the "Fast Mana Base" tab. But I initially tried to keep the deck on a budget also because I think a lot of people following the deck will do. Nonetheless I increasingly wish for cards like Strip Mine in my deck. So I'll probably add one or two in the future. Also I'd probably add Adarkar Wastes and Brushland.
Thank you again for your suggestions and I'm happy that you took the time to comment on my deck to show me good improvements for my existing cards!