|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature with power 3 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ironax , Shiromakuro , frederiklw , Yawkcorb , angesoir , Candyman949 , pskinn01 , mordredaggrfall , Zelpoke , MattN7498 , CastleSiege|
Elemental Bond Discussion
2 days ago
Updates: So, Golden Guardian Flip is fun with enrage...as I thought it would be. Golden Guardian + Ripjaw Raptor --isn't it funny how the raptor has a 5 butt? That's just neat or as Forrest would say, "They go together like peas and carrots."
Zacama, Primal Calamity WANTS....no NEEDS to lead this deck, but in my humblest opinion Gishath, Sun's Avatar is superior in every way. Most notably, Gishath wants you to have a dino deck, but Zacama could go into any naya build and not even remotely need dinos.
Mana base plays fine, even without costly duals and extra special land fixing.
Spells are fine, as long as you enjoy the creature style of decks. This is a creature deck. Getting an Elemental Bond is great, because you constantly refuel until someone realizes your are crushing them with draws and removes said enchantment. Lifecrafter's Bestiary is equally efficient.
Both Gideon, Martial Paragon and Huatli, Radiant Champion seem right at home here. I thought of other walkers, but no one else seemed to match the subtheme. And I promise if you hit Gideon's ultimate, you should win hands down. But his +2 ability really made me wanna play exert; I just couldn't comfortably fit it into the deck...
The rest is all fun. Queue Jurassic Park music!
5 days ago
I own an Elemental Bond but I only have the one, and I run 35+ EDH decks, this one is lower priority for it. But if I had more, one would be here.
As for lands, it used to have more, but I KEPT getting mana-flooded as I played, I'm not often starved for lands. But with more games who knows.
5 days ago
Thoughts on Elemental Bond for card draw/flavor?
Also that land count seems a little low for such a mana hungry general. Especially with Titania in the list.
Another card I love in my Omnath build is Splendid Reclamation.
Either way +1 friend.
6 days ago
Another win. 23-03-2018
Opponents: Arahbo, Surrak, Karametra.
Quick win with all ingredients:
Draw: Elemental Bond
Direct damage: Where Ancients Tread
Mass landfall: Splendid Reclamation
Loop: Perilous Forays
6 days ago
The trample effect plus Bow of Nylea... chef kiss
Please, check out:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 65 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
6 days ago
Ruric is aswesome, but he becomes even more so if you add some creature-induced mana-generation to his deck. There are plenty of options for this; here are some of the ones I'm using:
- Birds of Paradise; not the cheapest card to acquire, but nice, cheap-CMC mana dork in a multi-color deck;
- Sylvan Caryatid; cheaper to obtain than birds, and is protected from point-removal;
- Gyre Sage; considering your deck is filled to the brim with strong creatures, this creature's mana-generation potential is pretty good;
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways; fantastic mana generation for a creature-heavy deck;
- Somberwald Sage; see: Shaman of Forgotten Ways;
- Karametra's Acolyte; great in a deck containing lots of green permanents;
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds; expensive card to obtain, but boy ow boy is it useful in a deck like yours.
Aside from these ramping options, there are some more draw options to consider like:
- Garruk's Packleader; in a creature-heavy deck like yours, helps you to draw lots of additional cards.
- Elemental Bond; enchantment-version of Garruk's Packleader.
A great way to get some additional acceleration, is by using:
- Lurking Predators; this makes your opponents very wary when it comes to spell-casting; every single thing they do might result in you being able to launch some free bomb-shells.
- Primal Surge; not so much an accelerator as it is a game-finisher in your deck's case. Still, it gets your fantastic beasties out en mass, which is fun.
Last but not least, have you ever considered adding life-gain equipment artifacts to the deck? Attaching stuff like Basilisk Collar, Loxodon Warhammer or Batterskull to Ruric, will make it even more beneficial for you whenever an opponent casts a spell. Additionally, it will prevent you from being harmed by Ruric's damage-ability whenever you cast something non-creature like.
I hope some of this helps. If you feel inclined, I'd love to receive some of your feedback on one of my decks. So please, feel free to review one (or more) of them. Happy brewing and playing!
1 week ago
I dig the comment above and might offer a few more suggestions.
Bring your creature count up above 30 since this is a tribal deck. Keep your singleton non-dinos, if you'd like, but get more dinos in here!
Bring your lands down to 38 or 36 to make some space for ramp spells. Good options include Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Explosive Vegetation, Farseek, Skyshroud Claim, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Gruul Signet, Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, Chromatic Lantern, Sol Ring, and maybe even Veteran Explorer.
You can also run the RG cards that let you cheat more dinos into play and protect them. Maybe consider:
- Steely Resolve
- Genesis Wave
- Sunbird's Invocation
- Oath of Druids
- Survival of the Fittest
- Kindred Summons
- Defense of the Heart
- Pattern of Rebirth
- Descendants' Path
- Wild Pair
- Tooth and Nail
- Garruk, Caller of Beasts
- Xenagos, the Reveler
- Fewer lands; more dinos.
- More cards that cheat dinos into play.
- More cards that solve problems (like Chaos Warp, Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, Banishing Light, Oblivion Ring, Lignify, Settle the Wreckage, Comeuppance, Song of the Dryads, or Beast Within).
- More ramp.
If your list is mostly dinos + sneak-dinos-into-play cards + ramp + a few problem solvers, you will be able to execute your plan more quickly and interact enough to build up your board state for a kill point or two.
Have fun playing!
1 week ago
This is an interesting take on Trostani. You probably want to consider more card draw for the deck, with the lower curve you're more likely to run out of gas and be top decking for your next play.
Cards you might want to consider - Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise and Elemental Bond.
There are also some combo pieces not in here, if you haven't thought about them I would consider - Mimic Vat and Phyrexian Processor. Thousand-Year Elixir could also be really helpful if you want to activate Trostani more than once or right when they enter the battlefield.