|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
Basic landcycling (, discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.)
|Have (3)||, ZeBear , mlouden03|
|Want (7)||OminousNois3 , Ignis_Rana , PTsmitty , tabor62 , johnkarpuk , gariox , brokendwarf|
Ash Barrens Discussion
1 day ago
There's a couple others you should consider.
Shadowblood Ridge = OG Filter
Arcane Sanctum = Tri-Land
Crumbling Necropolis = Tri-Land
Frontier Bivouac = Tri-Land
Jungle Shrine = Tri-Land
Mystic Monastery = Tri-Land
Nomad Outpost = Tri-Land
Opulent Palace = Tri-Land
Sandsteppe Citadel = Tri-Land
Savage Lands = Tri-Land
Seaside Citadel = Tri-Land
Ash Barrens = Cycles for any color of mana which you can play untapped.
Mirrodin's Core = Comes in untapped. Can give you any color of mana the very next turn.
Vivid Crag = Vivid Cycle
Vivid Creek = Vivid Cycle
Vivid Grove = Vivid Cycle
Vivid Marsh = Vivid Cycle
Vivid Meadow = Vivid Cycle
5 days ago
Hey, there's several older cards that are not played, or really known which are very good with Feather. These all have draw:
- Balduvian Rage : at worst this is one mana draw, at best it can kill an opponent with Feather.
- Bandage : one mana draw.
- Niveous Wisps : one mana draw.
- Panic : one mana draw.
- Spiritualize : lifelink and draw.
Other cards that can be upgrades for cards currently here:
1 week ago
Sounds right. I'd try and slot in a Leonin Abunas to help reanimate some 0 drop non-creature artifacts.
Looking more closely at your list, I'd swap out both Jhoira's Familiar and Foundry Inspector. I'd put in Mycosynth Golem instead. It only makes your creatures free, but it shouldn't be much of an issue once you add the Phyrexian Altar as a 3rd mana generator.
Also, maybe swap out the Gold Myr for Mycosynth Wellspring ? Would help filter lands out of your draws.
Speaking of filtering out your draws, I haven't tested it out in my version of Teshar yet, but maybe run the Panorama cards (Esper, Bant and Naya) ? You could also use an Ancient Tomb and I'd swap out Temple of the False God for Shrine of the Forsaken Gods . And finally, an Ash Barrens .
1 week ago
Mirage Mirror , one of my favorite pet cards!
I would probably also end up picking Bog Initiate if I were running Ashnod's Altar , too. I ran the pair for a bit, but I'm going a bit of a token fuel route with Pawn of Ulamog / Sifter of Skulls with Dross Harvester and Pitiless Plunderer . Initiate also helps with Ancient Tomb / Sol Ring / Temple of the False God , of course.
Also Vesuva could replace a Swamp, not just one of your nonbasics, because if nothing else it can be a Swamp. But of your nonbasics, Path of Ancestry only supports 4 of your cards, including Chainer, for only a rare scry 1. Has Ash Barrens been useful? I run fetchlands because of Rings of Brighthearth and it would turn that into ", discard Ash Barrens: Search my library for 2 Swamps and put them in my hand, shuffle library".
With three sources of "no maximum hand size", do you ever aim Sadistic Hypnotist at yourself as a discard outlet, or do you just not encounter a need to pitch something from your hand?
1 week ago
Hey, looks good, nice upgrade so far of the precon :)
$50 upgrade to consider (the main theme of these upgrades are cards that give you repeatable value)
- Tezzeret the Seeker : repeatable artifact untap, tutor/put artifact you search for onto the battlefield and can be a win condition with artifacts. Tezz is the most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but he really does it all for artifact strategies.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant : repeatable draw/graveyard enabler/artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Inventors' Fair : artifact tutor and life gain.
- Spire of Industry : rainbow land with an artifact or can make colorless mana.
- Great Furnace : red artifact land.
- Shivan Reef : Izzet Pain land, ETB untapped.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling or can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster : repeatable artifact tutor, sac Thopters/Servos to tutor for and put onto the battlefield an artifact.
- Sai, Master Thopterist : great repeatable value when casting artifacts, more draw with Thopters/Servos.
- Shimmer Myr : cast artifacts at instant speed, great with Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Goblin Welder : instant speed repeatable artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Treasure Mage : lots of good six or more CMC artifacts to tutor for.
- Memnarch : mana sink, turn your opponents permanents into artifacts and steal them.
- Bosh, Iron Golem : mana sink, sac artifacts you control to do damage to your opponents.
- Metalwork Colossus : good with Bosh since it can be recurred.
- Spine of Ish Sah : permanent removal, good with Bosh since when it dies it goes back to your hand.
- Nevinyrral's Disk : repeatable mass removal that's good with Planeswalkers since it doesn't kill them, can be reanimated or recurred since it's an artifact.
- Sharding Sphinx : army in a can with Thopters/Servos.
- Silver Myr
- Iron Myr
- Basalt Monolith : good with Tezzeret and Unwinding Clock.
- Hedron Archive : same as Monolith, but also sac to draw.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of no mana cost repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Brainstorm : instant draw three for one mana.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, ordinarily Godo is not worth playing unless he's your Commander because he costs a little too much mana, but since he's a game winning combo with just Helm I think he's worth including. The seven cards to consider cutting are:
- Honored Crop-Captain
- Nobilis of War
- Skyknight Legionnaire
- Sunhome Guildmage
- Weapons Trainer
- Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
- Boros Cluestone
The majority of these cards are only good when you have a big army. By themselves they're kind of lackluster.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Great Furnace : the red artifact land.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling.
- Naya Panorama : fetch land that can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Reliquary Tower : no max hand size.
Lands to consider cutting:
- Desert of the Fervent
- Desert of the True
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
The cycle lands are nice, but only in small quantities. They do ETB tapped after all; if you play too many of them it increases the chances of having to play one as your land drop instead of cycling it and that can be a hindrance, slowing you down. Barrens and Panoramas are in my opinion budget upgrades for Wilds and Expanse. Either of these lands can ETB untapped to make colorless mana or be used to find a basic land. Barrens is an underrated land. It can be played in just about any budget deck that has basic lands.
Cards in my opinion that can be on the chopping block for future upgrades:
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
- Razia, Boros Archangel
- Razia's Purification
- Phyrexian Rebirth
- Boros Locket
2 weeks ago
I agree with SynergyBuild. In ub delver Ponder and Brainstorm are the best cantrips, cuz of shuffle effects with Evolving Wilds and Ash Barrens . With these 2 cards you have more ways to get right answers in right time. But Preordain is the best solo cantrip, better than Brainstorm and Ponder but with land shuffle effects these 2 cards are better than Preordain . We use Preordain in mono-blue delver for exemple cuz monoblue delver doesnt have shuffle effects... only 16-17 islands hahaha. But anyway... is up to you.
2 weeks ago
Ash Barrens occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%