|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Jungle Shrine enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add , , or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||goodair , geazykagar , pokemate0 , machiavelli2081 , ironax , Psycheretic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , bakunet , pskinn01 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , angesoir , PembrokeWelshCorgi , killstars , , rakdos24 , rockleemyhero , Myllyes314|
Jungle Shrine Discussion
1 week ago
I recommend using more non-basic lands... and definitely Jungle Shrine...
2 weeks ago
(Sorry for writing an essay, I'm studiously avoiding writing a paper for school)
You do indeed have a lot of creatures, but you also have a lot of good cards. Try to think about what your deck wants to do. To me, it looks like it wants to 1) play a lot of dinos, 2) trigger a lot of enrages, 3) attack with a bunch of dudes for lots of damage, so here's some suggestions based on that.
- Forerunner of the Empire helps with (1) and (2)
- Atzocan Seer helps with (1) via mana ramp and the replaying of dinos
- Priest of the Wakening Sun helps with (1)
- Staff of Nin helps with (2)
- Things like Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves can protect your big dudes and get them attacking faster (3)
- Kessig Wolf Run or Overwhelming Stampede achieve (3) and can serve as win conditions
- Sol Ring and Command Tower are staples in essentially all EDH decks. You could also get a Jungle Shrine
- Wild Ricochet can serve as a counterspell against your opponents and often can help with (2)
- Temple Altisaur is good for (2) and (3)
- Because of your colors, consider Boros Charm and Naya Charm
Cards I'd recommend you take out:
- Tocatli Honor Guard negates ETB effects. That hurts Regisaur Alpha, Kinjalli's Sunwing, and Burning Sun's Avatar Flip among others
- Consider replacing Star of Extinction with a cheaper mana cost board wipe like Rout
- I'm conflicted about Form of the Dinosaur. Regardless, I do think it requires careful building around so that might be a target for replacement if you don't want to focus on it
My overall suggestions would be to keep aware of your mana curve and your color distribution. Take a look at your creatures and take out the ones that seem too mana-expensive for what they achieve. Keep track of what problems you encounter when you play. Do you struggle with mana, do you need more draw power, are you unable to deal with a particular matchup repeatedly? Then use that to make adjustments based on what you feel is working and what you enjoying playing.
3 weeks ago
Congregation at Dawn Realms Uncharted Predatory Focus Soul's Might Kindred Summons Canopy Vista Cinder Glade Command Tower Jungle Shrine Naya Panorama Sacred Foundry Temple of Abandon Temple of Plenty Temple of Triumph Unclaimed Territory
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
My suggestion is do these three things:
1.) I'd take out Blooming Marsh, Cascading Cataracts, Crucible of the Spirit Dragon, Inventors' Fair, Spire of Industry. There are better options that aren't an arm and leg. Some suggestions are the wedge and shards lands:
- Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Frontier Bivouac, Jungle Shrine, Mystic Monastery, Nomad Outpost, Opulent Palace, Sandsteppe Citadel, Savage Lands, Seaside Citadel
2.) Add at least 2 more lands (I personally run 38 lands) to help fix the lack of land draw.
3.) Additionally, I'd focus on 2 to 3 specific colors to help with the lack of efficient mana fixing in the deck.
After that, I'd test that out and see how the deck works then.
1 month ago
Yeah, Blood Sun is amazing. It shuts down ...
- All the new transform Enchantment Lands
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Tectonic Edge
- Maze of Ith
- Sanctum of Ugin, Eye of Ugin
- Cavern of Souls (kind of ... if Blood Sun is on the battlefield, Cavern can't name a Creature type, so can only tap for Colorless)
- Creature Lands
1 month ago
Hey, good job in the Commander league.
Haste is an ability you really want with Silvers, you already have Heart Sliver which is good, but I suggest also adding Blur Sliver and Firewake Sliver. Crystalline Sliver has already been suggested, but I'm going to suggest it again since it can be a game winning two drop Sliver. You already have Winged Sliver, but I suggest also adding Galerider Sliver more flying evasion and it's a one drop Sliver.
Harmonic Sliver can be devastating to your opponents. This Sliver is so good that some nonSliver decks play it because it gives you value when it ETB. The ability it gives Silvers when they ETB is not a may ability if your opponents don't control any artifacts or enchantments and you do then you must destroy one of your own. To prevent this play Darksteel Ingot. It's a three drop Rainbow mana rock with indestructible, it can't be destroyed. Target it with Slivers who ETB to prevent having to destroy your own.
A couple of underrated Slivers who can draw a lot of cards to consider adding: Synapse Sliver and Dormant Sliver. Hibernation Sliver is also underrated as it can save any Sliver from removal, board wipes, exile, etc. It's ability has no mana cost and doesn't target, it can be used with any Sliver who has shroud, you can save Crystalline for the cost of 2 life.
Sliver Queen has already been suggested and if you want to win with an infinite combo with Slivers then it's the best Sliver to include. Horned Sliver has also been mentioned, it's great with Sliver Hivelord giving it trample.
Amoeboid Changeling and Unnatural Selection can make any creature an opponent controls into a Sliver letting Overlord permanently gain control of that creature adding it to your Sliver army. Mirror Entity can be a Sliver, it's a Changeling and it can pump an entire army of Slivers. All Slivers get this power and toughness boost while keeping all their abilities.
Cards to consider adding:
- Crystalline Sliver
- Galerider Sliver
- Harmonic Sliver
- Firewake Sliver
- Amoeboid Changeling
- Mirror Entity
- Unnatural Selection
- Blur Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver
- Synapse Sliver
- Dormant Sliver
- Horned Sliver
- Darksteel Ingot
- Kodama's Reach
Cards to consider cutting:
- Steelform Sliver
- Sliver Construct
- Reflex Sliver
- Plated Sliver
- Opaline Unicorn
- Mistform Sliver
- Groundshaker Sliver
- Diffusion Sliver
- Blazing Volley
- Stinging Shot
- Reduce / Rubble
- 6x Lands
Lands to consider adding to upgrade the manabase:
- Command Tower: best Rainbow land for a five color manabase in Commander, only $1.
- Exotic Orchard: budget Rainbow land.
- Unclaimed Territory: budget Rainbow land to cast Slivers.
- City of Brass: Raindow land, but $6.
- Path of Ancestry: ETB tapped Rainbow land, the scry if using it to cast a Sliver is very good.
- Grand Coliseum: ETB tapped Rainbow land.
- Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Prairie Stream, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh: Battle lands are good with Basic lands and Farseek since it can fetch one of them.
If choosing to play ETB tapped lands such as Blossoming Sands instead consider the Tri-lands: Jungle Shrine, Seaside Citadel, Savage Lands, Frontier Bivouac, Opulent Palace, etc? These lands ETB tapped, but can make one of three different colors instead of only two.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Jungle Shrine, Opal Palace, Command Beacon, Rugged Highlands, Wind-Scarred Crag, Clifftop Retreat, Game Trail, Fortified Village, Canopy Vista, Cinder Glade, Timber Gorge, Tranquil Expanse, Kessig Wolf Run, Reliquary Tower, Temple of the False God, Temple of Abandon, Temple of Triumph, Temple of Plenty