|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
When Mulldrifter enters the battlefield, draw two cards.
Evoke (You may play this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||bakunet , Reliva , Venser_the_Sojoner , Pro_Noob , Royal_Windsor , Metaphisyk , Diamonddragon2002 , mziter501 , DFDGamer , itheoryz , rockleemyhero , XxCataclysmiCxX , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Friedrice24 , TheDuggernaught , darthnuchi , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , golgarigirl , Joblaska , ironax , bakeraj4 , angesoir , ACCG , ibraJG84 , SirFowler ,|
|Want (41)||releasethedogs , OldSchoolFun , sleepy104 , LuckMisesack , gamerhat , Shaemos , RedSinR , MrSage , ryuzaki32667 , GriffinL , AureliasBestFriend777 , GoodestBoi , Rathe , coadster , Gryffix , sgtpumbah , Fullmetalmage , LordBlackblade , imapuncha , afeuling , Syram , yerfdog1935 , RAM210TEXAS , LurchenGamer , Lokotor , Talistan , ASCLEPIUS , Awuztein , AlphaSp , jarjar102 , Radish , Jose_Arrogantio , correcthorsebatterystaple , DarkAngelsBlood1 , MagnaAura , brokendwarf , Djricci97 , AUserThatDoesNoTExist , Big-Foot , jugglervr , jtaddeo|
13 hours ago
I play with more stax/control then combo, so I may have a scewed veiw on this, but I only mentioned cards you sounded like you wanted, not ones I specifically thought were strictly better than ones in the deck.
To be entirely honest, If they do print a few more cards like Mulldrifter, Bond Beetle, and Birds of Paradise. You know, like 2-3 of each, then this deck could be a sweet storm build, going off faster than many Grixis Storm lists.
1 day ago
@JMCraig When you say that the Oracle nets you 3-4 cards the turn it enters, is that just cards being filtered off the top of your library or is that the count of cards that you are also casting from exile that turn?
@SynergyBuild I think that, for me, it's a tough call between a new Bond Beetle or a new Mulldrifter (assuming the new Mulldrifter could also be cast for 3-4 mana without Animar's reduction). But considering that we have just been given Dark-Dweller Oracle for more draw power, I think that I lean more towards another Bond Beetle to help increase the chances of more explosive turn 3 plays.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
5 days ago
I also suggest you to reconsider some of these cards: Rhystic Study (in 1v1, it can be underwhelming), Overflowing Insight and Mulldrifter (straight up draw spell, good or bad, always have their limits) and Sphinx of Magosi (its just a really basic cards, you can easily find a better engine alternative card somewhere out there.
On another note, if you play with commander damage, I suggest you invest into more voltron-ish play, more equipment and stuff. Otherwise? you should take out Blackblade Reforged and Empyrial Plate (equipment that gives stat boost and no other abilities are fine, but commander's not about the fine, its about the awesome, amirite???).
In anyway, I love straight up mono-color good stuff deck. You have my upvote :D
1 week ago
1 week ago
Perhaps Deadeye Navigator so you can combo or do some ETB shenanigans
Mulldrifter because I like one mana draw two cards
Conduit of Ruin because YES
Genesis Hydra for basically overpowered cascade
I would take out
Death's Presence because creatures very rarely die and for six mana even getting two activations is not enough value
Bane of Bala Ged is just not enough compared to some other cards
Deadbridge Goliath is not explosive enough
Same with Ulamog's Crusher
2 weeks ago
thx jaishivajai ! (first sorry for my english) I got no mana problem, but its in testing phase. For Final Parting, i got a lot of tutor and i dont think i need much more. Mulldrifter yes its good but i dont see the card i could replace, i need to test a little more. Josu Vess, Lich Knight , i dont play Zombie, its a good card for the scry effect but i dont want to much splash damage effect. Look at this deck, its a nice one to : The Scarab God, Grave Defiler