|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
When Mulldrifter enters the battlefield, draw two cards.
Evoke (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
1 day ago
Cards that are over $1 that are auto-includes:
- Mulldrifter , which can easily be cast for 3 mana if you blink in response to the evoke trigger;
Cards that should go in: - Twilight Shepherd - your creatures never die! - Phyrexian Ingester - BUUUURP. Also should go in Yasova Dragonclaw. - Displace is a cheaper Ghostly Flicker for creatures only. - Pondering Mage is a great 5-drop for this deck. - Master Splicer is a cheap thing to flicker to get an army.
Cards that should go in for redundancy if I have to remove Brago:
- Angel of Condemnation
- Momentary Blink
- Nephalia Smuggler or Mistmeadow Witch . Probably the latter for sweeper insurance.
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mnemonic Wall
Mean: - Tempest Caller flickered means nobody else attacks.
Cards that are not going in:
- Deadeye Navigator : NO. This card is borderline bannable in EDH.
1 day ago
While abilities may trigger during the resolution of a spell or ability, they don't go on the stack until a player would next receive priority.
- 603.3. Once an ability has triggered, its controller puts it on the stack as an object that’s not a card the next time a player would receive priority.
In your scenario, here's what happens:
Hostage Taker 's exile-return ability takes effect immediately, per its Gatherer rulings, so Mulldrifter returns to the battlefield. This triggers Mulldrifter 's ETB, but because Time Wipe is still resolving, the trigger doesn't go on the stack yet.
The active player would receive priority, so the Mulldrifter trigger goes on the stack. This trigger exists independently of its source and, unless Stifle d or similar, will resolve, allowing the trigger's controller to draw two cards.
It's important to note that it is a one-shot effect that returns the card Hostage Taker exiled, which isn't an ability that goes on the stack. It doesn't trigger like the LTB ability of Oblivion Ring .
1 day ago
Here's the hypothetical.
So what happens with the triggers here? Does Mulldrifter come in, draws two, then dies? That made sense to me at first but as I understand the stack right now, when a spell resolves it does everything it says, and then triggered abilities trigger. If that's the case, Mulldrifter would still be around and I draw after the boardwipe right?
Someone please help my brain is smoking.
1 week ago
- Momentary Blink seems like a good card.
- Deputy of Detention is also pretty sweet
- Reflector Mage is also pretty sweet
- Ok so i guess there are a lot of creatures I would run Coiling Oracle Wall of Omens Blade Splicer Knight of Autumn Soulherder Mystic Snake Restoration Angel Sublime Archangel and Mulldrifter
- Here is why you run Mulldrifter . Pay the Evoke cost, that trigger hits the stack, IN RESPONSE Ephemerate or a similar affect. When it re enters the battlefield it is treated as a new object and therefore you dont sac it. That means you spent 4 mana to DRAW 4 CARDS and get a 2/2 flyer.
- Also more flicker spells Cloudshift Eerie Interlude and a bonus spell Lead the Stampede
3 weeks ago
Finally had some time to give some insight!
Here is a list of possible cards that you can use depending on the route/direction you want it to go for!
- Viscera Seer
- Baleful Strix
- River Kelpie
- Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip
- Gilded Drake
- Blood Artist
- Zulaport Cutthroat
- Mayhem Devil
- Judith, the Scourge Diva
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Imperial Recruiter
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Hostage Taker
- Vindictive Lich
- Zealous Conscripts
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Agent of Treachery
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Vilis, Broker of Blood
- Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
- Praetor's Grasp
- Yawgmoth's Will
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Cloudstone Curio
- Lim-Dul's Vault
- Faithless Looting
- Frantic Search
- Wheel of Fortune
- Dance of the Dead
- Animate Dead
- Wake the Dead
- Shallow Grave
- Corpse Dance
- Buried Alive
- Living Death
- Phyrexian Reclamation
Feel free to ask about any card choices! There is probably more cards but I can't think of any off the top of my head haha
4 weeks ago
I have replaced Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir with Mulldrifter and Akroma, Angel of Fury with Flameblade Angel , replacements that I was very sad and unwilling to make, but the previous creatures were legendary, whereas non-legendary creatures can be copied by Riku, and the average converted mana cost of this deck has been further lowered from 4.02 to 3.98, so those replacements were definitely better for this deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Mulldrifter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
RUG (Temur): 2.38%
BUG (Sultai): 0.74%
WUB (Esper): 0.4%