|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||buildingadeck , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , maR2307 , xXThormentXx , Dr_Jay , pokemate0 , Falte , Xikitten123 , machiavelli2081 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , PTsmitty , ironax , bakeraj4 , tlhunter07 , bakunet , pskinn01 , rockleemyhero , HR19|
|Want (2)||goodair , mlouden03|
Simic Signet Discussion
1 week ago
Looks a lot better! Nice job with your lands as well! I only have a couple of comments:
- It looks like you might have too many nonbasic lands in your deck. Fastlands like Botanical Sanctum aren't great in EDH in my opinion, as games tend to go long, and neither are straight-up ETBT (enters-the-battlefield-tapped) lands like Izzet Guildgate, Thornwood Falls, or Woodland Stream. The only ETBT lands I would recommend running are tri-lands (Frontier Bivouac in your case), and scry-lands (the Temples).
- I'm not quite sure why Drover of the Mighty is in here, as you don't have any dinosaurs to pump it. If you need two-mana ramp creatures, Voyaging Satyr is pretty good, but I would recommend Signets instead (Izzet Signet, Simic Signet, Gruul Signet).
In any case, awesome job! Looks solid!
2 weeks ago
In that case best to go with cheap colored mana rocks. I like the hedrons for the card draw effects later game but Any of the Signets ( Ex. Simic Signet, Azorius Signet, Etc.) should workout. Dont forget Darksteel Ingot. Not tons of ramp, but great for color fixing and early game headstarts. Burgeoning May be worth considering as well. You know your deck best though so whatever works.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Great deck idea! This is the first cycling burn edh I have seen so far (and I've seen a lot! ;D )
You say you sometimes lack the speed to successfully overrun your opponents so the most simple way to gain speed is utilizing more ramp:
Use mana rocks and maybe some green ramp spells to be able to cycle even more. Great mana rocks for your deck are Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Mana Vault, Sol Ring, Gruul Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet or Simic Signet for example.
Also there is some nice card draw which can make your deck even faster: Sylvan Library can draw you three cards instead of one and Sensei's Divining Top is another awesome way to put the cards you need on top of your library. Hope that helps!
3 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.
3 weeks ago
First of all if your ramping into door to nothingness you either want duel lands or tri lands and Mana rocks such as the various border posts or signets. Secondly you want a secondary win condition, and my advice is (staying in colourless theme) Darksteel Reactor. Although slow, many people will try to work out ways to eliminate it because it appears to be a threat. Finally you need more blockers to help protect your plan. Keeping theme, Etched Champion and Myr Servitor fit nicely here.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the recs! I've played around with most of these cards in here at one time or another, but its always good to reassess for the most current build. You never know what could pop up and be abusable. So let's see:
Psychosis Crawler has been in the top 5 cards I've wanted to integrate into this build for some time. In testing it isn't the most substantial 5 drop and seems to only be desirable when im abusing Prime Speaker Zegana triggers or Rishkar's Expertise, which makes it kind of a win more unless im facing stax/prison variants. It does next to nothing for board state or tempo and as a standalone card its neat but not super variable.
Courser of Kruphix was in the brew for quite awhile, it was only replaced by Azusa, Lost but Seeking who herself has fallen out. Sakura-Tribe Elder, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, and the newly added Thaumatic Compass fill the niche incredibly well currently. Sylvan Library, Nissa, Steward of Elements andThassa, God of the Sea usually fix my hand more efficaciously which in turn lets me hit the lands I need and ship the ones I don't early game. For the most part I only need 5 mana sources to play anything in this deck efficiently and courser tended to sit in hand, hit the board like a pillow falling onto the floor, and telegraphed my draws a little too much for too little benefit. I originally dropped this guy and Azusa because they were horrible topdecks late game and don't necessarily gain me tempo.
Thran Dynamo is an amazing card, but until about turn 7 I'd rather leave my mana open to respond with or at least bluff a counter/response and flash in something else with Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Winding Canyons, or Alchemist's Refuge. I would likely put Sol Ring back in before dynamo because it all but guarantees a turn 3 kruphix, past that I don't have a need multi mana rocks. Simic Signet was swapped in for Sol Ring recently just to give color to my floating colorless mana in a pinch.
Drain Power seems pretty cool, but early game I would primarily want it to play kruphix and I couldn't assure id have 3 blue/1 green to reliably do that (presuming im not getting green or blue from the spell itself). Outside of that, the sorcery speed of the spell really kills it for me. I don't feel like jumping through hoops to empty someone's mana options during their untap phase (with flash enablers) is worth it to me if the card doesn't let me reliably ramp out to papa or do much besides that. For the most part a counterspell does the same job early game, and late game the ramp is negligible or win more. Not multitool enough for me currently, but I will test the card out in my planeswalker deck :P
Elite Arcanist is a pretty cool guy, combos for days, but really easy to remove. My meta would eat him alive, especially since Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is so prevalent and a standalone deck I see weekly. I don't want to lose the initial casting of the exiled instant when someone removes him in response because it robs me of the graveyard access to the spell after the fact, which is something I capitalize on and plan around most games. I feel bad even flashing back instants sometimes, when Eternal Witness effects let me recast them 4 or more times a game if needed.
Mycosynth Lattice is an amazing card that I do not currently own. I'm not sure I could justify it in the 6 cmc slot in this deck even if I had it though. It would have to compete with Rishkar's Expertise, Progenitor Mimic, Duplicant, and Prime Speaker Zegana, all of which are workhorses in this build. Currently testing Vizier of the Menagerie to give color to papa's mana and he is doing amazingly well. The non-reveal peek options have also played a major factor in recent games, so much so that it might justify him in slot over the mana fixing.
1 month ago
That should reliably get you to make by turn 4.Enabling you to play the 2 lands into play cards at 4 mana instead of 3 mana for 1 in hand and 1 into play.
It will help a lot with mana fixing aswell.