|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Uncommon|
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Simic Signet Discussion
4 days ago
I have a few suggestions that I think would help speed this deck up and make it even deadlier than it already is.
Cards I think you could live without:
My first suggestion is to add 4 or 5 more land. 31 land is very low, especially for a four color build, and missing land drops will hinder your game plan significantly.
Second suggestion is to consider more mana ramp. Having great ramp is essential to a quick, efficient start. Starting off slow will usually get you killed.
Third suggestion is cards I like for this theme. Just a few badass toys for your deck to mess around with.
Fun card suggestions:
1 week ago
1 week ago
Looks like a fun deck, Rafiq is great and can be very powerful!
Saw your deck on the commander thread, here are some quick suggestions, hopefully some of them you like and are in your budget. Cheers!
Lands: cut Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree and some of your ETB tapped lands for some etb untapped multicolor lands to help your color production be reliable: Command Tower, Yavimaya Coast, Adarkar Wastes, Prairie Stream, City of Brass, Breeding Pool.
ramp: Sol Ring, Simic Signet,Azorius Signet, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach.
Wrath of God > Terminus.
Rout > Martial Coup.
Counterspell, Arcane Denial, Swan Song, Swords to Plowshares, Cyclonic Rift.
Eternal Witness, Seasons Past, Mystical Tutor, Archaeomancer.
Recurring Insight, Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius.
things to help Rafiq of the Many crush your enemies:
Rancor, Inquisitor's Flail, Steel of the Godhead, Shield of the Oversoul, Swiftfoot Boots, maybe Command Beacon, Sword of Vengeance, maybe Sigarda's Aid.
given how many creatures creatures you run, you might want some tricks to protect your board from boardwipes. Bastion Protector, Make a Stand, Dauntless Escort may or may not be useful.
anyway those are just the things i thought of. I built a rafiq deck a while ago, you should be able to find it in my profile if you want any more suggestions, i went a little bit more in on the pillowfort/control/combo side of things but the list was a bit pricier too. anyway have fun and keep crushing!
2 weeks ago
You need Duel Lands. Alot. This deck also needs A LOT of help. First of, Dissolve instead of Cancel. Also cut Gaea's Blessing. It is anti mill. Alos you have a lot of weak creatures to cut and some weak mill like Curse of the Bloody Tome. Instead add ramp like Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Simic Signet, Dimir Signet, Golgari Signet, Explosive Vegetation, Sol Ring, and Commander's Sphere. I would run all of those along side card draw like Fact or Fiction, Phyrexian Arena, Coercive Portal, Harmonize, and Concentrate. You don't need a ton of card draw since damia does that but those 5 are still ones you want to play. Other than that, great deck. I'm not a mill expert by any means, or even a commander expert, but I know whats up. Also, link your decks like this:
Commander / EDH
1 COMMENT | 63 VIEWS
3 weeks ago
I don't like to have too many high cmc cards in my rashmi deck, and quick ramp is pretty essential so cards like Kodama's Reach Sol Ring Explosive Vegetation and Simic Signet to name a few is very important, also Trade Secrets is banned in EDH
3 weeks ago
Some big updates for my buddy Mimeo, Void Winnower, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Baleful Strix, Death's Shadow, Vengeful Pharaoh, Grave Titan, Thassa, God of the Sea, Golgari Signet, Simic Signet, Golgari Rot Farm, Simic Growth Chamber, and the buddy lands.
4 weeks ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.